Is there some sort of 'crush frenzy' going on right now?

AppleGearRising

Supposedly Spring is meant to be a time for love, I don't know if I believe that but I HAVE been noticing a lot of people slowly revealing their secret crushes as of late.

So what's up with the sudden 'crush frenzy' as I put it, are there any people here who'd feel ok with openly discussing any potential crushes they might have? :)

• Brohoof 1

Well there's like 5 or 6 members who said they have a crush on me, but they've been saying that for awhile.

The only ones I really like back are Chevette, Seaweed, and TwistedShadow. I'm trying to not get serious right now though.

Really? What I most commonly hear is that December is usually that time of year. Not only are the holidays there, but anyone feeling super-cold is going to enjoy warming up next to someone.

Also, try counting 9 months forward.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/16/most-common-birthdays-infographic_n_1521426.html

Yup, September is the most common month for birthdays. ;)

I'll admit, I do have a crush

crush-soda-coupon-.png

Delicious stuff, man.

Anyway, I haven't really noticed what you seem to describe, but I do know that people are way too obsessed with finding out someone else's crush, even if they don't have one. I deal with this all the time at school, and let me tell you, it's really annoying, Just cause I hang out with some girls doesn't mean I want to marry them.

• Brohoof 15

Meh. I haven't noticed anything. I don't have any crushes at the moment, so I suppose it makes sense that I'm not noticing.

However, a friend of mine admitted to me that he has a crush on a girl, and he NEVER does that kind of stuff. Oh god, it's the spring fever! :o

I assume it's due to Spring being considered a sort of season of re-inventing yourself, or turning over a new leaf. After all, it's like how Winter is sometimes considered the end of the seasons and Spring is the time to restart and try again since it comes right after. I'm not surprised that people have been admitting their crushes so often in this time.

Where is this taking place? I've not seen anything.

I don't much pay attention to anything beyond the Everfree Forest though. I'm just a hermit.

HA, I just realized the irony of being a hermit in the Everfree Forest part of the forums. :lol:

But seriously, I haven't seen anything of the sort. Crushes tend to be a waste of time though. Nothing like getting attached to someone and then finding out they AREN'T the person you thought they were. :P

I actually see less people in relationships now compared to previous years. Maybe its because Im a junior in high school and people are really busy with sports and studying? But yea, not as many relationships. Junior prom just passed too, so maybe that sucked all the love out of the air

I am going to say it, people tend to get horny around this time of year due to the change in weather. Spring is the mating season of many species for very good reason and us humans may be sapient but biologically speaking we still have quite a bit in common with animals. I am not saying a crush is based only on that as there are some crushes which have nothing to do with that but that is probably a huge part of it.

• Brohoof 7

Not related to the forums, but a few weeks ago, I had a brief foray into what seemed to be romance, before bad things happened and I remembered why I avoid romance :(

• Brohoof 1

Candela/Annika is one of my best friends, but because I have a best friend who happens to be a girl doesn't mean I have a crush on her or anything. My point being, people can like others of the opposite gender a lot and be friends without feeling stuff. I don't intend to get into a relationship, nor will I for the next several years.

But I keep a little crush in my refrigerator all the time.

Edited by Starbound

Maybe it can be contributed to an uplift in mood making people more likely to take risks. This uplift comes from the fact that Seasonal Affective Disorder is pretty prevalent. Season Affective Disorder is the phenomenon in which people are more or become depressed in a certain season. The overwhelming season that people are most affected by is Winter.

Wow, look at that. It seems one of my crushes already posted here.

And even if we haven't known each other for a long time, I guess I have grown a liking for IncognitoKiwoy. She's just so awesome :wub:

but she's taken. kill me now.

I haven't really noticed this happening more than it usually does. The way I see it, though, any of the seasons can be a season for love. 

More power to people who are cool with discussing potential crushes they have openly, but that's not really something I'd want to do. I think I might have a crush on someone on this forum, but if or when I'd want them to know, I'd just tell them directly. I can understand people being shy about that, I sure as hell am. But that's the sort of thing I think is best to just talk to someone about honestly on a one-on-one basis.

• Brohoof 1

I think people rush into relationships. It takes time, and it takes friendship to make an actual relationship work out. Especially when interacting with people online. You have no idea how or even who these people are in their every day lives. I have lived with exes, before we lived together we knew eachother physically for over a year, and then we lived together for over a year, it went from true love to fatal attraction, and obsession, and controlling, and some of the scariest experiences I had ever had in my life. Rude awakenings and realizations, put me on a bad path that I am lucky to be recovered from to this day. So I think If I ever get into a relationship, shes going to have to have some patience. lol

• Brohoof 1

I have noticed this around here but hardly though, guess it's like @ said. Mating season I guess.

Personally I don't have any crush and not a potential crush either. I have little to no interest in relationships at the moment.