mega thread What are you thinking?

Tabe

11 minutes ago, Savygriffs said:

I can hardly wait until tomorrow morning when I head out to Dallas for HarmonyCon!

Nice! I hope you have fun! I have never been to any of the cons, I wish I had some friends IRL that like MLP that would go with me.

Reading can be analogous to eating. You can have a session in which you have read through enough text that it feels as though your mind is "getting full", and it becomes difficult to continue; perhaps it is a sign that it is time to stop reading, and to give time for the insights of the aforementioned text to be "digested".

• Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

Reading can be analogous to eating. You can have a session in which you have read through enough text that it feels as though your mind is "getting full", and it becomes difficult to continue; perhaps it is a sign that it is time to stop reading, and to give time for the insights of the aforementioned text to be "digested".

hmmm never really heard anyone compare both in this way, but it certainly feels this way after reading a lot...interesting.

15 minutes ago, StarlightNyars said:

hmmm never really heard anyone compare both in this way, but it certainly feels this way after reading a lot...interesting.

I recently had long sessions that were difficult for me as I was reading about a subject that is largely foreign to me. The sensation of my mind "getting full" occurred nearing the end of said sessions which is not necessarily the norm.

With the comparison of reading to eating, Francis Bacon came to mind:

“Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.”

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

I recently had long sessions that were difficult for me as I was reading about a subject that is largely foreign to me. The sensation of my mind "getting full" occurred nearing the end of said sessions which is not necessarily the norm.

With the comparison of reading to eating, Francis Bacon came to mind:

I totally understand that! I'm taking some business courses and recently I have been reading on certain psychological aspects of leadership and team environments. Some concepts were new to me, but fascinating nonetheless. That quote is well said. There are some books that are worth taking your time dissecting it like a meal. Others are like a delicious snack that you end up devouring in mere moments. 

1 minute ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

Who thought books could be :Pfood?  

Keep me away from any manga and comics, because I'll devour those in an instant XD

4 hours ago, StarlightNyars said:

Nice! I hope you have fun! I have never been to any of the cons, I wish I had some friends IRL that like MLP that would go with me.

Same here wishing i had some friends irl that like mlp and going to cons with them

am worried for my mom she just went for surgery I keep thinking what if things go wrong she better come out alright!

• Brohoof 1

Meh bad news as I got a predicted bug in my GPS system, after thinking I solved it. Such bad timing too, and now I am wide awake in the middle of my night’s sleep.

Bad news is bad *brushes it aside to try to find sleep again*

7 hours ago, Izzy Moonbow. said:

Same here wishing i had some friends irl that like mlp and going to cons with them

am worried for my mom she just went for surgery I keep thinking what if things go wrong she better come out alright!

I hope we find more friends soon to go to cons and I hope everything goes well with your mother’s surgery!

Edited by StarlightNyars

Blehhh I got to go to work and do some grocery shopping afterwards, I just want to watch some ponies

Just a little more to the weekend...UPDATE: IT'S FINALLY THE WEEKENDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Edited by StarlightNyars

2 hours ago, Tropical Melody said:

Maybe tomorrow, I'll start actually doing something... instead of sitting and surfing t'Internet... cuz it's easier...

Cuz it’s funner too :muffins: