Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you like stories where Humans are jerks?

Bendy

Do you like stories where Humans are jerks?  

19 users have voted

1. 1. Do you like stories where Humans are jerks?

• Yes.
    • No.

@,

Well, considering that several ponies are author inserts in the ones I've read, they want to have an omniscient morality license slapped on them and be able to fire energy blasts like Twilight

I've always found it quite annying how most people's power fantasies involve two things.

Laser blasts/Super Sayian-level powers

Princehood/Princesshood/Royal Status/President.

A position of power, and physical power. Nothing worthwhile is usually done with those powers. Both sickening and boring, really.

• Brohoof 1

I know

@,

Basically, they want to be like this

They don't want to act on it, but they just want the power so they COULD do it

THIS.

Once, on some lame RP site, I RP-battled some moron that fancied herself as... basically an average mary-sue chick, with the powers of a female version of Cooler.

By making a 'Lame and underpowered and Nerdy and weak' character who 'Only' had the abilities of several Geass-wielding characters in Code Geass and several Naruto minor-characters... I defeated her using strategy and logic. She flipped out, because she wanted to be the kind of player who challenges someone to a chess match, craps on the board like a pigeon, knocks over the pieces, and then struts around like she's victorious.

The worst possible person.

So yeah, intelligence can always beat even the toughest(And wannabe-toughest) of foes.

Edited by Asquerade
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Oh god, the DBZ OCs with this problem are heinous. This comic sums things up pretty well

ComethMarySueColour.jpg 

The mistakes in math(half several things) and grammar(ivory black) are intentional.

Indeed, a lot of these OCs are just because the author wants to have power. They want to be the kind who can fight without needing to even fight. In MLP, we get alicorn OCs with bad personalities who can somehow suck in everyone.

RP Mary Sues are terrible, no matter what you do, they survive somehow. I was using Anti-Spiral, a guy who is easily universe tier(the place was divided into tiers so a Naruto OC for example doesn't battle a DBZ one). Unfortunately, random Pokemon OCs were surviving universes flung at them

@,

Oh god, the DBZ OCs with this problem are heinous. This comic sums things up pretty well

img-2534496-1-ComethMarySueColour.jpg

The mistakes in math(half several things) and grammar(ivory black) are intentional.

Indeed, a lot of these OCs are just because the author wants to have power. They want to be the kind who can fight without needing to even fight. In MLP, we get alicorn OCs with bad personalities who can somehow suck in everyone.

RP Mary Sues are terrible, no matter what you do, they survive somehow. I was using Anti-Spiral, a guy who is easily universe tier(the place was divided into tiers so a Naruto OC for example doesn't battle a DBZ one). Unfortunately, random Pokemon OCs were surviving universes flung at them

@,

img-2534496-1-ComethMarySueColour.jpg

You're assuming it's a DBZ villain character I was fighting?

That would be a logical assumption to make.

I wish that was the case.

No... This level of idiocy was taking place in a Naruto High School AU.

A freaking Naruto High School AU.

The Mary Sue assumed my 'Nerd' character loved her, and was going to ask her out in a creepy way, even though she's already asembled a harem of all the canon characters. All of them, even the dead ones. Anyway, my character laughs her off and gives her several stealth-burns she's too dumb to notice. For a so-called Straight-A student, she wasn't too bright. Or studious. Or anything, really. Anyway, we fight, and she begins pulling Bloodline Limits and completely canon-violating 'Demon Sage Powers' out of nowhere. My 'Weak' time-stopping mind-controlling object-creating character was dodging attacks easily through sheer predictability(Big glowing balls of slow sun laser death. Easy to dodge, without needing to stop time.), and she... didn't seem to notice whenever my character created some kind of gun or sword and attacked her with it. Even when a combat shotgun was fired at her face, heart and crotch, she didn't seem to notice my words were there in my post. She didn't even do anything stupid, like 'Block' a time-stop or 'Block' a dodge attempt. Kami, it was terrible.

EDIT: I feel I should point out: For someone who claimed to be afraid of blood, she sure used a lot of disgusting and cheesy 'Blood' attacks that require self-mutilation to use. Positively disgusting. If a spell or ability damages the attacker, at least try to make it make sense in a way that isn't so pathetically lame. At several points, her abilities just seemed to defy logic, reason, common sense and everything that makes a human a human.

Edited by Asquerade
  • Brohoof 1

@,

It's better to not be acknowledged, imo. I was RPing someone here and whenever I did anything to them, even eviscerate them, they just called down angels to heal them. They had an annoying tendency to negate everything I tried with "Angel's Light" and then beat the snot out of me with giant hordes of angels

I think I found the OC you are talking about

Mary_Sue_Invades_Naruto_by_AkaneXD.png

• Brohoof 1

@,

It's better to not be acknowledged, imo. I was RPing someone here and whenever I did anything to them, even eviscerate them, they just called down angels to heal them. They had an annoying tendency to negate everything I tried with "Angel's Light" and then beat the snot out of me with giant hordes of angels

I think I found the OC you are talking about

Mary_Sue_Invades_Naruto_by_AkaneXD.png

In the name of me, consider yourself gloriously One-Upped.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=eQIL-51wy8AlSM&tbnid=wrKH8Ehjx5vLuM:&ved=0CAgQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.trektoday.com%2Fcontent%2F2010%2F08%2Fensign-sue-must-die%2F&ei=IUJQU5HgJ4KEOInLgdgF&psig=AFQjCNGEXbUxoa_GeI_uLxV9LpooFOj01Q&ust=1397855137720712

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs32/f/2008/229/b/8/Mary_Sue_Invade_The_Avatar_by_AkaneXD.png

• Brohoof 1

This may sound strange but I love stories where humans are jerks. I HATE it when people are acting like humans like a superior race so, when someone has the kindness to not treat treat humans like perfect everpowerful do-gooders, it becomes a great story.

That is why I am not to big of fan of the ole "Bambie" movies, just because of the fact that humans and hunters are made out to be nothing more than bumbling idiots, when in reality in most cases that couldn't be further from the truth.

I think humans can be bumbling idiot more often than some might think. I have seen other animals have at least the intelligence of an adolescence human but due to lack of aposable thumbs or some other uncontrolable variable, humans stay in the top spot.

The Imperium of Man is merely trying to survive in an incredible hostile Universe, their actions are justified.

Also, exterminatus on Equestria is also justified for the following reasons:

1. They are Xenos. (Fear the Xeno. Hate the Xeno. Kill the Xeno)

2. Their world is covered in magic and they themsleves are magical. (Magic is Heresy)

3. They have allied themselves with Discord, a Spirit of Chaos, and therefore are considered as Chaos-worshippers. (Chaos is Mankinds greatest Enemy)

Everyone admit it, this is who we are (not bronies, the general human pop.) we have sent countless species to extinction and if ponies came into real life, initial government action would be to keep the existence a secret in a hope to be able to eradicate them easily if they got out of hand, we are highly superstitious people, we don't believe what we see at first and i if at any point they become violent, we will try and kill them all to protect ourselves. Think about this.

I enjoy it as long as it's a jerk with a heart of gold. The kind of guy who would risk his own life to save you, but would still be insulting you every step of the way.

Real jerks, the cruel sadistic ones are no fun.

Edited by BasementPony

I enjoy it as long as it's a jerk with a heart of gold. The kind of guy who would risk his own life to save you, but would still be insulting you every step of the way.

Real jerks, the cruel sadistic ones are no fun.

In fact, more than half of the anime I saw had sadistic, psychopathic, and cruel characters, be it antagonist or even a protagonist. Oh, and double points if there's also a naive girl, socially awkward kid, and illogical badass involved.