Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where's the one place in the States where you would like to visit?

Rarity Paige Belle

As a Canadian, I've only been to northern Washington State, so there's much of the US that I'd like to see. If I could only pick one place though, it'd be the New York metropolitan area. It'd be cool to check out some of the places like Times Square and the shops around there, plus it's still close enough to New Jersey that I could catch a hockey or football game depending on the time of year.

(edited)

I've been alive 17 and a half years and I've yet to experience a tornado :D That's more in Oklahoma and Kansas than anything.

It's just I once saw a documentary about a huge twister destroying Dallas when I was a kid and it put the frighteners on me! That and watching the film twister of course!

Edited by Rarity Paige Belle

Okay I can't completely decide on 1, so here comes a bunch and I wouldn't be angry about if I only saw 1 of them, but Yellowstone, Washington and honestly Disneyland or Warner Bros.. Ehehehe. 

I live in Nebraska right now and I haven't been out of the Midwest a whole lot. I'd really like to go anywhere. I'd like to see New York City. I'd also like to go to Florida to see my favorite animal (MANATEES!). I'd like to check out Minneapolis, Minnesota again - I only went there briefly for a school trip once. Las Vegas would be fun. Oh, and I REALLY want to go back to Disneyland in California. That was my favorite vacation ever. :)

(edited)

I'd like to visit North Dakota just so I can reach Manitoba, Canada. i have little family there.

Erm...whats North Dakota like?

Edited by Just a ghost

I don't live in the United States. :< But I've always wanted to go there and learn a bit about American culture and society. :> Because of this, I'd like to go an iconic place in the U.S., such as New York.

• Brohoof 1

Alaska. Although anywhere in the Northern section of the country would be fine. Better than where I live. >.>

Washington DC, mostly because my dad promised he would take us their yet but he still has to do it. Oh and some of the less populated areas in the US

It's just I once saw a documentary about a huge twister destroying Dallas when I was a kid and it put the frighteners on me! That and watching the film twister of course!

Meh, they are really no big deal. I saw one that was about a mile away and that one particular tornado just happened to destroy a small town a few miles away. So really you don't want to see one, the destruction they cause (even if they don't hit a populated area) Is pretty great and if you get to close to them you can become dead pretty quickly.

(edited)

grand canyon in arizona,

It really is a different experience, and in a good way, seeing it in front of you vs seeing it in pictures. The Grand Canyon is big. Really big. Look over a ledge and it goes on and on into the distance and down and down into the earth. Pull this up, zoom in, look at those little bushes, and remember that you're either the same size as or slightly smaller than that.

Back on topic to where I'd like to go, visiting the temperate rainforests in the Pacific Northwest sounds fabulous. 

elowah-falls-columbia-river-gorge.jpg

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 1

Not many to be honest these days due to personal safety reasons, so my options just seem to be limited for me sadly. Before people jump on that, let's just say I conform as much as a butterfly in an ant hill when it comes to most of America and don't want trouble just because of who and what I am. Which could occur due to social stigmas, religious intolerance and even archaic laws and ways of thinking in places. I'm not going to lie to myself just so I can freely go someplace, cause to me that's not freedom. :okiedokielokie: That's tyranny.

However I'd love to go back to see the redwoods some day or travel back to the area where I was born in California. Haven't been to those places in many, many years and I'd like to see them again someday.

I would love to see New York and Alaska. Everybody always wants to see Hawii, so I'd like to see Alaska. I'd love to go back to California and go to that sweet candy store named candy heaven. I'd love to go back to Maryland too and go and visit Baltimore again.

(edited)

I've always wanted to see New York, I'd love to visit places like Madison Square Garden, Central Park, The Museum of National History and many other places in the city. 

Edited by NightOwl

(edited)

I would like to visit Austin, Texas, so I can give my friend a nice long hug :squee:

Besides that, I'd like to go to Alaska, or maybe DC.

Just don't come right now, or the last thing you'll want to do is get hotter with a warm hug xD.

I'm sure you'd be able to have some nice whale watching in Alaska :). Not that I've been there though.

Edited by Super80 Wolf

Well, I have a few, but if I had to choose JUST one... I think I would go with Iowa.  I have family over there that I have never met, and I'd like to remedy that.

I would like to visit the west coast, specifically Washington State, I really like rainy weather.

Oh, you'll LOVE it on the West side of Washington!

• Brohoof 1

I've been to many cities and places in the USA so the question for me is what part of the US would I like to visit next?  :huh:  I would have to say the Pacific Northwest from Portland to Seattle (and on towards Vancouver, BC if that's allowed).  The cities themselves would be worth taking a lot of time to check out.  Then you have the Cascades which are a gorgeous mountain range with some large volcanoes.  I also hope to ride Amtrak along the Puget Sound with all its twists and turns which includes the famous Tacoma Narrows.  :) 

(edited)

Some of the cities I enjoyed were New York, Boston, Dallas, and Chicago.

Boston has a lot of culture and history related to the United States as a whole.

New York and Chicago are great metropolitan areas with quite a bit of activities to do. It doesn't seem as interesting if you don't have many people to hang out with. I still enjoy these two cities.

My trip to Dallas was interesting. I've heard quite a bit of stereotypes about Texas, but I've had good experiences so far.

I don't really have a particular preference for a city. I would love to visit Honolulu in Hawaii.

Edited by LED Dasher

(edited)

Never been to America but I like the sound of New York or Chicago

NYC just seems like a very cool place: full of culture and stuff.

But I’d love to go to the Chosen Few House music picnic in Chicago, the city where the genre was born, having seen the videos on YouTube it looks epic to me.

I would like to go to the town of Springfield which is in an unknown state and is home to the Simpsons.... sadly fictional or is it??.....yeah it's fictional :)

Edited by Asherdangerdash

Never been to America but I like the sound of New York or Chicago

NYC just seems like a very cool place: full of culture and stuff.

But I’d love to go to the Chosen Few House music picnic in Chicago, the city where the genre was born, having seen the videos on YouTube it looks epic to me.

I would like to go to the town of Springfield which is in an unknown state and is home to the Simpsons.... sadly fictional or is it??.....yeah it's fictional :)

Didn't house music originate in Detroit? I know that techno started there!

• Brohoof 1