Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Seekers (Pokemon RP)

Leafeon

(edited)

((On mobile, so no formatting again.))

Tempest smirked as his plan seemed to be working. "Now, use attract and ember." He said.

Cynder smirked as she leaped out of one of the holes and winked at the Rufflet, launching hearts at the bird. She then shot a small stream of fire at the small bird after using attract. The close vicinity of both attacks would make it hard to dodge, even with Rufflet's speed.

As Braixen jumped out of one of the holes to Rufflet's back, he spun around just in time to see the hearts nearing him. "Alright. Fury Attack!" Rufflet began to furiously peck the hearts away. However, due to the number of said hearts, he was unable to destroy them all. One of the stray hearts hit him, allowing ember to knock the bird to the ground.

@@Leafeon,

"So, it seems we reached an impasse." Cecil remarked. The situation at hand was dull, he found. One in the ground, one on the ceiling. "We don't really want to expose ourselves, and none of my team really has a ranged attack... but, on the other hand... this is boring," he thought, stroking his chin.

"Alright, Warden, come on up!" Cecil yelled. His sandslash popped his head up, roughly just below the ariados. He looked at his trainer inquisitively, "sand?"

Cecil covered his face with his hand, "don't just sit there looking like an imbecile, do a defense curl!" The sandslash complied, popping itself out of the ground, and curling into a ball.

"His spiked exterior should prevent any real damage, and... well, his spines are scalloped, so it shouldn't be easy for him to get too entangled in a string shot." Cecil tapped his foot. He was clearly perturbed by how the battle was going. "Such inelegance. What ever happened to just scratching at one another until one passed out?"

"Alright, Ariados. Use string shot again!" Roxie commanded her pokemon, who shot a thick silk at the curled up Sandlash, attaching his spikes to the ground. "Good! Next, Night Shade!" Ariados' eyes began to glow, and it then fired a black and red laser at Warden.

@@Leafeon,

Lurele blinked before smiling at Burgh's reaction, the gym leader being much more accepting than she'd been expecting. Turning around she nods and pumps one of her fists. "Alright, here we go! I know just who to use, too!" She starts to reach for Torchic's Pokeball, but before she even touches it suddenly one of her other Pokeballs bursts open... Leaving her newly acquired Scraggy standing there in front of her. As though making an entrance Scraggy spreads its arms out wide. Unfortunately this left its folds of loose skin free to fall down around its ankles.

Scraggy stands like that for a couple minutes, unblinking and seeming not to notice. "Uh... Scraggy, hon..." He continues to stand there for a while before finally looking down, gasping and reaching down to pull the skin back up. Covering her face with her palm, she smiles apologetically at Burgh. "I uh... Just caught Scraggy... Oh well, Scraggy, if you want to volunteer, go ahead and use Dragon Dance!"

Again, an awkwardly long pause. She was about to reach for Scraggy's Pokeball to recall him, sighing heavily, before the little Pokemon suddenly starts jerking back and forth and glowing red. Sheesh, is he always like this? This could... Make the battle much more difficult...

"Alright Sewaddle, use Razor Leaf!" Burgh commanded. His pokemon then fired a series of leaves at Scraggy. Edited by Leafeon

Tempest smirked as he watched the Rufflet hit the ground. "Ok. Finish that bird off with a Psybeam." He said.

As soon as Cynder landed on the ground, she fired a multicolored beam of light at the downed bird. It would do a good deal of damage and maybe knock it out.

@@Leafeon

"Scraggy, watch out and counter with Headbutt!"  Despite Lurele's words, Scraggy didn't 'watch out' in the slightest.  In fact it didn't even seem to acknowledge the Razor Leaf attack hitting it.  After the attack had done its course, Scraggy suddenly jumps and makes a taunting gesture at Sewaddle, moving to the side as though trying to dodge the attack which had already happened, and then quickly dashing forward to use Headbutt.

Watching her Pokemon, Lurele again covers her face with her palm.  His reaction times need some work...  A lot of work...  At least he seems to be pretty strong when he does actually respond, at least...  Think Lurele, you can work around his delays, how are we going to win this?

Edited by Umbreon

Tempest smirked as he watched the Rufflet hit the ground. "Ok. Finish that bird off with a Psybeam." He said.

As soon as Cynder landed on the ground, she fired a multicolored beam of light at the downed bird. It would do a good deal of damage and maybe knock it out.

"Get out of there, Rufflet!" Cheren shouted at his pokemon, almost scolding it. Rufflet slowly got up, only to be met by a psybeam.

"Rufflet is unable to battle!" The referee shouted. "The challenger takes the win."

Cheren shook his head. He had thought the battle had been going in his favor. But, oh well. His job was only to gage a challenger's strength. Returning his pokemon to it's pokeball, Cheren walked up to Tempest and presented him with a badge. "Congratulations. Good luck with the rest of your journey." He said.

Cheren then noted the other trainer still waiting. Another one had appeared as well. Pointing at the one with the Mienfoo and Kadabra, he spoke. "You're next, correct? Well, come up, then!"

@@Vaporeon, @@Antismurf9001,

@@Leafeon,

"Scraggy, watch out and counter with Headbutt!" Despite Lurele's words, Scraggy didn't 'watch out' in the slightest. In fact it didn't even seem to acknowledge the Razor Leaf attack hitting it. After the attack had done its course, Scraggy suddenly jumps and makes a taunting gesture at Sewaddle, moving to the side as though trying to dodge the attack which had already happened, and then quickly dashing forward to use Headbutt.

Watching her Pokemon, Lurele again covers her face with her palm. His reaction times need some work... A lot of work... At least he seems to be pretty strong when he does actually respond, at least... Think Lurele, you can work around his delays, how are we going to win this?

Burgh seemed a bit confused. "Ah... Interesting." He thought aloud. "Sewaddle, use String Shot!" Sewaddle was equally confused by Scraggy's antics. But, it did as it's trainer had said, and began to fire sticky string at the charging Scraggy. It then stepping slightly to the left. Just in case.

@@Leafeon

Scraggy ran straight into the string shot as though it didn't even see it, before slamming his head into the ground where Sewaddle had been before it moved.  It looked like a strong hit based on the way he managed to crack the floor, but with Scraggy's reaction times, actually landing a hit was going to be a different story...

Groaning, Lurele pinches the bridge of her nose before abruptly balling her hand up into a fist and pumping it in front of her.  She wasn't about to give up on Scraggy - surely the little guy could pull through!  It was just a matter of getting him to land a hit...  And making that hit count.  The string shot he'd run through would slow him down though, probably enough to negate the boost he'd gained from the dragon dance.  "Scraggy, Dragon Dance again, followed by Faint Attack!"  

The dark type attack wouldn't be that effective against a bug, but at least there were no worries about it missing...  Not that Scraggy seemed to be performing it.  The Pokemon stayed there with its head against the ground for a few seconds as her commands registered in his head, before he finally starts to glow red and jerk back and forth again in his erratic dance.  As the Dragon Dance ends, Scraggy would suddenly rush towards Seawaddle while glowing grey and try to strike the bug type.  Lurele raises an eyebrow at this, tapping her chin as she tries to think of a new tactic for the battle.

His reaction times are practically nonexistent, but he does respond once he's had time to process them...  He pulled off the dragon dance and feint attack just fine, just not when I'd given the command.  Maybe...  Maybe we can work around this...

Tempest smiled slightly, as his Pokemon walked up to him to stand by his side. When he glanced at them, he could tell that they were tired, but happy. "Good job, you two." He said, before turning his attention to Cheren. "That was a good fight. Maybe we could do this again sometime." With that, the trainer walked out of the gym. After heading to the Pokemon center to heal up, the group of three decided to head out to see what other Pokemon they could find.

(Tempest is headed in the direction of Flocessy ranch.)

Edited by Nightfury01

Locke flashed a smile at Cecil as he walked out, but sighed after he got outside. That had gone really poorly. Maybe some training would have done some good... Locke sighed again and walked towards the Pokemon Center. As he healed up Revvy and Vera, he looked at the entry for Sentret in the Pokedex and found that Vera was already extremely close to evolving! Maybe if he could find a slightly easier gym with no crazy Self-Destructing moves... But the next one was in Castelia City if memory served him correctly. Locke wasn't too keen on getting sea sick just yet. Oh! Maybe there were some trainers around that he could fight! Yea that'd be good! 

-------

After ending up back in Aspertia City, with a newly evolved Furret around his shoulders, Locke noticed something he hadn't seen earlier. "There's a gym here!?" "Fur Furrret..." "No I'm not from around here Vera thanks for finally catching on!" Shaking his head at the Pokemon's ignorance, Locke walked through the trainer school that had totally hid the gym from him earlier. Locke was thoroughly disappointed that the Leader was about to challenge a trainer, and another trainer was seemingly waiting as well. Hmm... I don't want to go back to Roxie just yet... And I think I can probably wait. Maybe. And I can maybe learn some of this guy's strategies as well while I wait! Ace!

Cheren then noted the other trainer still waiting. Another one had appeared as well. Pointing at the one with the Mienfoo and Kadabra, he spoke. "You're next, correct? Well, come up, then!"

Jacques looked up at the gym leader, shocked.  "Um, eheh... well you see, I was really only here to spectate..." he half mumbled.  "I mean, you look like you've been pretty busy, and I wouldn't want anyone waiting on me.  I can come back tomor-"

"Foo!" Karel interrupted sharply as he glared at his trainer.  He then began tugging on Jacques's pant leg in Cheren's direction.  The Mienfoo was making it clear that he didn't want to leave without a fight.

Jacques sighed.  "What about you Mara?" he asked.  Emotions of indifference were projected into his mind.  Finally, he gave in.  "Well, if you don't mind," he said nervously to Cheren, "it looks like my friend here is itching to test his skills against your team.  Hopefully it won't take too long..."  He was pretty sure that this would be the case; due to his lack of truly defensive pokemon, his team would either win swiftly or be decimated in an equally swift manner.  

((Ah you know what, just ignore most of my last post. Too many things I had to change/Wanted to change. The only things I'm not mentioning again is Locke's acknowledgement of Cecil and the Center trip.))

Finally back to the docks of Virbank, Locke sighed in anticipation. Vera sat quietly on his shoulder, feeling powerful after learning how to use Slam (and not evolving), replacing Helping Hand with the move. Locke really didn't want to go on a boat, but he also didn't want to face Roxie again just yet. Locke also found out that Castelia's gym was a Bug Gym, which would be quite annoying with no type advantages. So Locke settled on heading over to Nacrene City, where they had a simple Normal Gym. Oddly enough, even after finding out this information, Locke still hadn't the faintest idea that Aspertia had a gym, but it wouldn't matter, since he would be attempting to get the exact same badge from Lenora. 

-----

After getting off the boat, and abruptly hurling into a nearby trash can, Locke quickly made his way to the gigantic structure that was the Skyarrow Bridge. Locke wasn't sure what was on the other side, but he attempted to cross the bridge anyway.

((Leaving it open in case there's an event you want to happen. If not, just assume Locke made it to the Pinwheel Forest.))

(edited)

@@Leafeon

Scraggy ran straight into the string shot as though it didn't even see it, before slamming his head into the ground where Sewaddle had been before it moved.  It looked like a strong hit based on the way he managed to crack the floor, but with Scraggy's reaction times, actually landing a hit was going to be a different story...

Groaning, Lurele pinches the bridge of her nose before abruptly balling her hand up into a fist and pumping it in front of her.  She wasn't about to give up on Scraggy - surely the little guy could pull through!  It was just a matter of getting him to land a hit...  And making that hit count.  The string shot he'd run through would slow him down though, probably enough to negate the boost he'd gained from the dragon dance.  "Scraggy, Dragon Dance again, followed by Faint Attack!"  

The dark type attack wouldn't be that effective against a bug, but at least there were no worries about it missing...  Not that Scraggy seemed to be performing it.  The Pokemon stayed there with its head against the ground for a few seconds as her commands registered in his head, before he finally starts to glow red and jerk back and forth again in his erratic dance.  As the Dragon Dance ends, Scraggy would suddenly rush towards Seawaddle while glowing grey and try to strike the bug type.  Lurele raises an eyebrow at this, tapping her chin as she tries to think of a new tactic for the battle.

His reaction times are practically nonexistent, but he does respond once he's had time to process them...  He pulled off the dragon dance and feint attack just fine, just not when I'd given the command.  Maybe...  Maybe we can work around this...

Sewaddle was sent flying back by the attack, but got up fairly easily. It didn't seem too hurt, but a move that had been boosted twice was not something to simply joke about. Sewaddle and Burgh let out a deep breath in unison. "Alright, Sewaddle. Use bug bite!" Burgh commanded to his pokemon, extending his left arm. Sewaddle sprang towards Scraggy, trying to dig it's fangs into the slow dark type.

Tempest smiled slightly, as his Pokemon walked up to him to stand by his side. When he glanced at them, he could tell that they were tired, but happy. "Good job, you two." He said, before turning his attention to Cheren. "That was a good fight. Maybe we could do this again sometime." With that, the trainer walked out of the gym. After heading to the Pokemon center to heal up, the group of three decided to head out to see what other Pokemon they could find.

(Tempest is headed in the direction of Flocessy ranch.)

- Flocessy Ranch -

Flocessy Ranch was quite a big property. In large paddocks, Ponyta, Miltank, and Mareep roamed. A sign read "These pokemon are wild, and free to be caught by the passing trainer!" on the first paddock. A large grass field also had a few wild pokemon in it. Including a group of Psyduck, and a sleeping Turtwig. A patch of grass rustled.

Jacques looked up at the gym leader, shocked.  "Um, eheh... well you see, I was really only here to spectate..." he half mumbled.  "I mean, you look like you've been pretty busy, and I wouldn't want anyone waiting on me.  I can come back tomor-"

"Foo!" Karel interrupted sharply as he glared at his trainer.  He then began tugging on Jacques's pant leg in Cheren's direction.  The Mienfoo was making it clear that he didn't want to leave without a fight.

Jacques sighed.  "What about you Mara?" he asked.  Emotions of indifference were projected into his mind.  Finally, he gave in.  "Well, if you don't mind," he said nervously to Cheren, "it looks like my friend here is itching to test his skills against your team.  Hopefully it won't take too long..."  He was pretty sure that this would be the case; due to his lack of truly defensive pokemon, his team would either win swiftly or be decimated in an equally swift manner.  

"Most excellent." Cheren said, returning to the battle field. The referee looked positively exhausted from all the shouting he had been doing today. "I suppose I'll be using this one." Cheren summoned a white pokemon with thick fur. "Fur-frou!" It barked, clearly happy to be out and about.

((Ah you know what, just ignore most of my last post. Too many things I had to change/Wanted to change. The only things I'm not mentioning again is Locke's acknowledgement of Cecil and the Center trip.))

Finally back to the docks of Virbank, Locke sighed in anticipation. Vera sat quietly on his shoulder, feeling powerful after learning how to use Slam (and not evolving), replacing Helping Hand with the move. Locke really didn't want to go on a boat, but he also didn't want to face Roxie again just yet. Locke also found out that Castelia's gym was a Bug Gym, which would be quite annoying with no type advantages. So Locke settled on heading over to Nacrene City, where they had a simple Normal Gym. Oddly enough, even after finding out this information, Locke still hadn't the faintest idea that Aspertia had a gym, but it wouldn't matter, since he would be attempting to get the exact same badge from Lenora. 

-----

After getting off the boat, and abruptly hurling into a nearby trash can, Locke quickly made his way to the gigantic structure that was the Skyarrow Bridge. Locke wasn't sure what was on the other side, but he attempted to cross the bridge anyway.

((Leaving it open in case there's an event you want to happen. If not, just assume Locke made it to the Pinwheel Forest.))

((There is indeed an event on this bridge! This shall be fun.))

- Skyarrow Bridge -

Skyarrow bridge was a beautiful bridge. The view one could see on it was breath taking, provided one wasn't afraid of heights. A flock of Pidove rested on the beams of the bridge, while a few Taillow flew overhead.

Edited by Leafeon

@@Leafeon

"Scraggy, watch out and use Headbutt!"  Scraggy didn't watch out, and Scraggy didn't use Headbutt.  The Bug Bite hit it directly, the only issue was Scraggy didn't seem to notice that either.  After a few seconds, Lurele's commands finally register for Scraggy.  Headbutt!  For some reason, Seawaddle was right next to it.  That made that command easy.  Scraggy tried to hit the bug with Headbutt while it was biting him.

Biting him.  That was why it was so close.  After attempting to deliver the headbutt, Scraggy falls forward and lies on the ground, the effects of the blow finally catching up to him.  Holding up his Pokeball, Lurele recalls him with a small smile.  "Come on back Scraggy, you did your best..."

As she puts his Pokeball away, Lurele tosses a second Pokeball into the air.  The one she'd tried to send out initially.  "Torch, time to take the ring, sweetie!"  "Torchic!"  As Torchic emerges from her Pokeball, she immediately starts running around in a small circle.

@@Leafeon,

The curled up sandslash was hit squarely by the Nightshade, his thick hide doing nothing against the freakin' lazer beams. Additionally, it was covered in the ariados's string shot.

"Damn... I didn't count on it having such a long range attack. How am I going to counter-attack?" Cecil looked at his sandslash, but a grin crept on his face. Whether the grin was a sign of him forming a plan, or just a facade, was not obvious. "Warden, uncurl!"

The sandslash complied, his layered spikes being the perfect shape to not be deterred by the silk. It certainly stuck to him, but it didn't hinder movement at all.  "Alright, Warden!" Cecil looked around the gym, "tsk, how am I supposed to work with this?" The place was an absolute mess, random objects just strewn about... "wait!"

He singled out an over turned stool, "Warden, over there!" The sandslash turned and faced the stool, clearly not understanding what his trainer wanted. "Toss it! Knock that spider down!" The sandslash simply looked at its trainer in blank confusion. It was certainly an unorthodox command, and its claws weren't exactly suited to grabbing things.

"...sand" The pokemon remarked, "yeah, that may not be the best idea... come back to me, Warden" The sandslash walked up to its trainer, and settled itself in the sideline, attempting to scrape the silk off its back. Cecil turned to his other two pokemon, "alright, Rogue, your turn!"

"Croa." The croagunk flatly responded, stepping into the battle field, "Rogue, mud-slap!" The croagunk turned to question the trainer, but just shook its head and did its best to fire mud at the hanging spider.

Tempest noticed the sign, and glanced at his Pokemon. "We might as well see what they have." He said, entering one of the pens. He noticed a patch of rustling grass, and walked towards it. He honestly wasn't interested in most of the other Pokemon. It wasn't that they weren't strong enough, he just didn't want to have to many Pokemon of the same type.

(:prays: Please be a Riolu)

"Most excellent." Cheren said, returning to the battle field. The referee looked positively exhausted from all the shouting he had been doing today. "I suppose I'll be using this one." Cheren summoned a white pokemon with thick fur. "Fur-frou!" It barked, clearly happy to be out and about.

A wave of nervousness overcame Jacques as Cheren accepted the challenge.  He had fought, won, and lost battle before, but never against a gym leader!  No, he thought to himself, it's just like any other battle.  He's just another trainer.  This just... might be a little tougher than the others...  Shaking his head, he attempted to push away his doubts.

Furfrou was a pokemon that Jacques was fairly familiar with, seeing as there had been numerous wild packs of them roaming not far from his hometown.  Despite the fact that they were commonly treated as fashion accessories, he was aware that they could also be quite vicious in battle.  This was not a pokemon to be taken lightly.  "Alright Karel, you know what to do!" he called out.  "Lead in with Fake Out, then while its flinching, take a moment to Meditate."  The Mienfoo nodded enthusiastically, then ran forwards to make a fluid jab at one of the Furfrou's pressure points.

Edited by Antismurf9001

@@Leafeon@@Vaporeon,

Tiana watched with wide eyes as the Glameow attacked the Espeon and was thrown backwards by a countering Confusion attack.  "Thanks...?"  She replied, feeling a little bad now for yelling at the girl.  She seemed remorseful and innocent enough…oh well; she and her Espeon had already started leaving the route anyway, so for now awkward situation has been avoided. 

Looking down at the Glameow, which was breathing heavily, Tiana decided to take the girl’s advice and try to capture it now.  This would be her first actual Pokemon capture, and her heart was racing with anticipation as a result.  Taking a deep breath, Tiana prepared herself for what was to come next.  “Okay!  Here we go, Sasha!”

"Fur!"  Sasha woofed in encouragement, glaring at the Glameow intently.  With that, Tiana brought her arm back and then flung an empty poke ball towards the Glameow in hopes of a successful capture.

@@Leafeon

"Scraggy, watch out and use Headbutt!"  Scraggy didn't watch out, and Scraggy didn't use Headbutt.  The Bug Bite hit it directly, the only issue was Scraggy didn't seem to notice that either.  After a few seconds, Lurele's commands finally register for Scraggy.  Headbutt!  For some reason, Seawaddle was right next to it.  That made that command easy.  Scraggy tried to hit the bug with Headbutt while it was biting him.

Biting him.  That was why it was so close.  After attempting to deliver the headbutt, Scraggy falls forward and lies on the ground, the effects of the blow finally catching up to him.  Holding up his Pokeball, Lurele recalls him with a small smile.  "Come on back Scraggy, you did your best..."

As she puts his Pokeball away, Lurele tosses a second Pokeball into the air.  The one she'd tried to send out initially.  "Torch, time to take the ring, sweetie!"  "Torchic!"  As Torchic emerges from her Pokeball, she immediately starts running around in a small circle.

Burgh put a hand up to his chin. That Scraggy was most certainly an amusing pokemon, but it hadn't stood a chance. Why was it so slow? Odd. Nonetheless, now was not the time to be wandering about such things. The opposition was now using a fire type, which Sewaddle was severely crippled by. "I suppose we'll wait for the next move to be made."

@@Leafeon,

The curled up sandslash was hit squarely by the Nightshade, his thick hide doing nothing against the freakin' lazer beams. Additionally, it was covered in the ariados's string shot.

"Damn... I didn't count on it having such a long range attack. How am I going to counter-attack?" Cecil looked at his sandslash, but a grin crept on his face. Whether the grin was a sign of him forming a plan, or just a facade, was not obvious. "Warden, uncurl!"

The sandslash complied, his layered spikes being the perfect shape to not be deterred by the silk. It certainly stuck to him, but it didn't hinder movement at all.  "Alright, Warden!" Cecil looked around the gym, "tsk, how am I supposed to work with this?" The place was an absolute mess, random objects just strewn about... "wait!"

He singled out an over turned stool, "Warden, over there!" The sandslash turned and faced the stool, clearly not understanding what his trainer wanted. "Toss it! Knock that spider down!" The sandslash simply looked at its trainer in blank confusion. It was certainly an unorthodox command, and its claws weren't exactly suited to grabbing things.

"...sand" The pokemon remarked, "yeah, that may not be the best idea... come back to me, Warden" The sandslash walked up to its trainer, and settled itself in the sideline, attempting to scrape the silk off its back. Cecil turned to his other two pokemon, "alright, Rogue, your turn!"

"Croa." The croagunk flatly responded, stepping into the battle field, "Rogue, mud-slap!" The croagunk turned to question the trainer, but just shook its head and did its best to fire mud at the hanging spider.

Both Roxie and her Ariados had been confounded by the trainer's odd actions. After Cecil switched his pokemon, she tried desperately to suppress her giggles. However, due to the leader being distracted, Ariados was left wide open, and was easily knocked down by the Mud-slap. 

Roxie scoffed as Ariados tried desperately to remove the mud from it's face. "Ariados, use Shadow Sneak!" She yelled at it. Ariados seemed to shudder somewhat at Roxie's loud voice. It's shadow suddenly became larger, then rushed towards Croagunk.

Tempest noticed the sign, and glanced at his Pokemon. "We might as well see what they have." He said, entering one of the pens. He noticed a patch of rustling grass, and walked towards it. He honestly wasn't interested in most of the other Pokemon. It wasn't that they weren't strong enough, he just didn't want to have to many Pokemon of the same type.

(:prays: Please be a Riolu)

As Tempest peeled back the grass, a Dunsparce looked up at him. It looked angry the grass had been moved. So much so, it angrily cried out at Tempest, and curled up into a ball, about to use Roll-out on either of his two pokemon.

A wave of nervousness overcame Jacques as Cheren accepted the challenge.  He had fought, won, and lost battle before, but never against a gym leader!  No, he thought to himself, it's just like any other battle.  He's just another trainer.  This just... might be a little tougher than the others...  Shaking his head, he attempted to push away his doubts.

Furfrou was a pokemon that Jacques was fairly familiar with, seeing as there had been numerous wild packs of them roaming not far from his hometown.  Despite the fact that they were commonly treated as fashion accessories, he was aware that they could also be quite vicious in battle.  This was not a pokemon to be taken lightly.  "Alright Karel, you know what to do!" he called out.  "Lead in with Fake Out, then while its flinching, take a moment to Meditate."  The Mienfoo nodded enthusiastically, then ran forwards to make a fluid jab at one of the Furfrou's pressure points.

Both of Mienfoo's moves paid off, as when Furfrou had stopped flinching, Meditate had already worked it's magic. "No matter." Cheren stated, calmly. "Use Baby-doll eyes." Furfrou's eyes suddenly got huge, and the pokemon looked absolutely adorable. Such a move would remove the effects of Meditate, should it work.

@@Leafeon@@Vaporeon,

Tiana watched with wide eyes as the Glameow attacked the Espeon and was thrown backwards by a countering Confusion attack.  "Thanks...?"  She replied, feeling a little bad now for yelling at the girl.  She seemed remorseful and innocent enough…oh well; she and her Espeon had already started leaving the route anyway, so for now awkward situation has been avoided. 

Looking down at the Glameow, which was breathing heavily, Tiana decided to take the girl’s advice and try to capture it now.  This would be her first actual Pokemon capture, and her heart was racing with anticipation as a result.  Taking a deep breath, Tiana prepared herself for what was to come next.  “Okay!  Here we go, Sasha!”

"Fur!"  Sasha woofed in encouragement, glaring at the Glameow intently.  With that, Tiana brought her arm back and then flung an empty poke ball towards the Glameow in hopes of a successful capture.

The pokeball bounced off Glameow's head, and opened to put Glameow into it. One... Two... The pokeball opened up again, to release a fairly angry looking Glameow. It bounded up to Furfrou, it's paws glowing red, hitting Sasha with a Feint attack.

@@Leafeon

Tiana scoffed in confusion when Glameow burst out of the poke ball.  “Wait, aren’t you supposed to-!”  Before Tiana had even finished her sentence the Glameow had already attacked Sasha with a Faint Attack, hissing and screeching in anger.  Sasha retaliated with Bite and soon the two of them were scratching, snapping and yapping at each other in a full-on tussle.  Wow, maybe that girl was right about this Glameow being a handful.

Fed up and running out of patience, Tiana took things into her own hands as she stormed over to the two squabbling Pokemon, returning Sasha to her poke ball and stomping the heel of her pump down onto Glameow’s tail.  Stop it! Tiana shouted, smacking the Glameow full-on with her purse.  “That’s enough sass from you, Missy!”  She declared, her hands on her hips as she stared the Glameow in the eye with an unwavering glare.

Edited by Sylveon

Both of Mienfoo's moves paid off, as when Furfrou had stopped flinching, Meditate had already worked it's magic. "No matter." Cheren stated, calmly. "Use Baby-doll eyes." Furfrou's eyes suddenly got huge, and the pokemon looked absolutely adorable. Such a move would remove the effects of Meditate, should it work.

Karel stopped abruptly as the Furfrou's gaze hit him and lost focus, effectively nullifying any advantages he had gained from the Meditate.  Blast... Jacques thought.  He wasn't sure what he should do at this point: go all out attacking, or try another Meditate.   Then he remembered the previous battle where Cheren had used Work Up over and over again.  If he did the same with Baby Doll Eyes, Karel would end up virtually powerless long before knocking out his opponent.  He had to stay ahead.  "Go for another Meditate," he said, "and try to work in a Pound if you have the time."

@@Leafeon

"Torch, Focus Energy!"  Torchic starts to skid to a stop from her random running, staring at the Sewaddle.  She starts to fume as small crackles of energy come off of her tiny body, and Lurele points towards the bug type they were facing.  "Alright, it's time to heat things up!  Ember!"  Opening her beak, Torchic starts to shoot a barrage of tiny ember attacks at Sewaddle.

Tempest smiled slightly, and backed away, understanding why the Dunsparce was upset. "It's ok. We won't hurt you." He said, pulling a Oran berry out of his bag, and putting it in front of the grass. The trainer then waled away to look at a few of the other Pokemon, while Drago and Cynder followed him.

@@Leafeon,

The shadow struck the croagunk before it could react. "Tsk. That move is fast. Rouge can't react to it... but, that just means we'll have to blind that bug!"

"Rogue, Mud-Slap! Aim straight for the face!" Cecil commanded. "Mud slap isn't particularly strong, but none of Rogue's other moves would be effective..."

"Gunk!" The croagunk ran up closer to the ariados and flung mud towards its face.

@@Leafeon,

Locke looked at the black cars peculiarly before turning his gaze to the bored looking trainer. He raised his eyebrow at Vera, who just shrugged. "Sen sen!" "Wouldn't hurt to try... Uh, excuse me sir!" Locke began walking over to the boy. "You wouldn't, by any chance, happen to know what's going on?"

@@Leafeon

Tiana scoffed in confusion when Glameow burst out of the poke ball.  “Wait, aren’t you supposed to-!”  Before Tiana had even finished her sentence the Glameow had already attacked Sasha with a Faint Attack, hissing and screeching in anger.  Sasha retaliated with Bite and soon the two of them were scratching, snapping and yapping at each other in a full-on tussle.  Wow, maybe that girl was right about this Glameow being a handful.

Fed up and running out of patience, Tiana took things into her own hands as she stormed over to the two squabbling Pokemon, returning Sasha to her poke ball and stomping the heel of her pump down onto Glameow’s tail.  Stop it! Tiana shouted, smacking the Glameow full-on with her purse.  “That’s enough sass from you, Missy!”  She declared, her hands on her hips as she stared the Glameow in the eye with an unwavering glare.

Glameow struggled under Tiana's shoe for a few seconds, only to be hit by her purse, and pushed onto it's side yet again. This time, Glameow had some trouble getting back up. The attack it had taken from Furfrou, as well as the ones from Espeon had added up, then being hit onto it's side wasn't exactly pleasant either. Glameow shivered slightly, and gave up trying to get back up.

Karel stopped abruptly as the Furfrou's gaze hit him and lost focus, effectively nullifying any advantages he had gained from the Meditate.  Blast... Jacques thought.  He wasn't sure what he should do at this point: go all out attacking, or try another Meditate.   Then he remembered the previous battle where Cheren had used Work Up over and over again.  If he did the same with Baby Doll Eyes, Karel would end up virtually powerless long before knocking out his opponent.  He had to stay ahead.  "Go for another Meditate," he said, "and try to work in a Pound if you have the time."

"Use Work Up, Furfrou." Cheren commanded, and Furfrou started to look rather upset. It stayed in this expression until Mienfoo started attacking with Pound. "Now, Baby-doll Eyes." Furfrou's eyes got big once more. Due to the priority of the move, Pound's power was reset to neutral once again. Add Furfrou's ability on top of that, and the move didn't do much damage at all.

@@Leafeon

"Torch, Focus Energy!"  Torchic starts to skid to a stop from her random running, staring at the Sewaddle.  She starts to fume as small crackles of energy come off of her tiny body, and Lurele points towards the bug type they were facing.  "Alright, it's time to heat things up!  Ember!"  Opening her beak, Torchic starts to shoot a barrage of tiny ember attacks at Sewaddle.

Burgh gave no command to his pokemon, and it was hit by Ember. From the hit it had taken earlier and Ember adding up, Sewaddle fainted. "Very good work, Sewaddle! Burgh exclaimed, returning his pokemon to it's capsule. "You'll be next, Vivillion!" The next and last pokemon summoned floated atop pink wings. It spun around, as if it expecting a compliment based on how pretty it was. 

"Now I'm sure you're aware of Vivillion's signature move?" He asked Lurele. "I would imagine not, as you are a fighting type trainer. Vivillion signature move is known as 'Powder'. It makes fire moves fail, and damages the user of the fire move by about a quarter of their own hit points. Quite tricky, no?" Burgh put a hand up to his face at the last line. "Let's use Gust for now, though, Vivillion!" He commanded. Vivillion began to flap it's wings at Torchic, creating a strong breeze.

Tempest smiled slightly, and backed away, understanding why the Dunsparce was upset. "It's ok. We won't hurt you." He said, pulling a Oran berry out of his bag, and putting it in front of the grass. The trainer then waled away to look at a few of the other Pokemon, while Drago and Cynder followed him.

Dunsparce was still agitated. It ran over the Oran berry in front of it, and hit Gible with a Roll-out. Thankfully it hit Gible and not Braixen, but still not very pleasant. 

@@Leafeon,

The shadow struck the croagunk before it could react. "Tsk. That move is fast. Rouge can't react to it... but, that just means we'll have to blind that bug!"

"Rogue, Mud-Slap! Aim straight for the face!" Cecil commanded. "Mud slap isn't particularly strong, but none of Rogue's other moves would be effective..."

"Gunk!" The croagunk ran up closer to the ariados and flung mud towards its face.

Ariados was hit once again by Mud Slap. It rubbed its face frantically, trying to remove the mud. "You think that's gonna stop Ariados?" Roxie asked, pointing a finger defiantly at Cecil. "Well, good luck with that! Use String Shot, Ariados!" Ariados fired a sticky string at the direction it believed Rogue to still be.

@@Leafeon,

Locke looked at the black cars peculiarly before turning his gaze to the bored looking trainer. He raised his eyebrow at Vera, who just shrugged. "Sen sen!" "Wouldn't hurt to try... Uh, excuse me sir!" Locke began walking over to the boy. "You wouldn't, by any chance, happen to know what's going on?"

The trainer looked like they were about to say something, but stopped themselves before actually producing any audible sound. The trainer then pointed to the exit Locke had been trying to go through. Though he didn't answer Locke's question, he looked to be telling him to go that way. When Locke didn't start walking in said direction about two seconds after he was vaguely directed to, the trainer attempted to usher him to the exit.

Tempest heard the impact of the attack, and sighed. "You asked for this." He said, a twinge of regret in his voice. "Cynder, use attract. Drago, use dig."

Cynder followed her trainer's command, and winked. Hearts then flew towards Dunsparce

Drago recovered from the hit, and dove into the ground.

@@Leafeon,

"No no, I just thought I'd visit the Mareep again before I go off. Plus I wanted to see if any new Pokemon had shown up around the ranch." She says walking over to the first padlock. One Pokemon that caught her attention was a sleeping Turtwig. Cilla was surprised to see a starter Pokemon just sleeping in the middle of the ranch, much less a starter from a different region. "He'd be perfect for our team, don't you think Espeon?" "Espe~" The Psychic type says cheerfully. "Let's let our new friend take a shot at this one. Come on out Swabul!" Once the bird is released it looks around confused before perching itself on Cilla's head. "N-no Swablu not right now. Use Peck on that Turtwig over there." Swablu uses Peck though she pecks Cilla rather than the Turtwig. "Ow! No the Turtwig! The one sleeping right over there." Swablu continues to ignore her trainer's orders and uses Peck on Cilla once again. "Ow! Espeon?" she says with a sigh. Espeon nods and uses Swift on the Turtwig.