Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Seekers (Pokemon RP)

Leafeon

Cynder was thrown off balance by the attack, but managed to stay standing.

Tempest glanced at the Rufflet, as a new plan formed. "That bird's fast." He thought, before turning to Cynder. "Use Flame Charge followed by attract."

Cynder nodded, and ran towards the Rufflet as flames surrounded her body. She then leaped into the air and used attract when she was in front of Rufflet. It would be very hard for the bird to dodge one attack and not be hit by the other due to the close proximity.

"Dodge it!" Cheren shouted at his pokemon. Rufflet wasn't quite sure what to do. Though it dodged the Flame Charge, it was hit by Attract, becoming infatuated. "U-turn." Cheren commanded, a bit annoyed the attract had hit. Though infatuated, Rufflet still managed to execute U-turn, though it hit the ground instead of Fennekin. Not that it mattered. Rufflet was returned to it's pokeball.

"Alright. Jigglypuff, let's go." Cheren said, summoning a pink pokemon to the field. It was absolutely adorable, and balanced upon the toe of one foot. "Now use Sing." As Jigglypuff began to sing, Cheren covered his ears.

[b]@@Leafeon[/b],

((three pokemon, eh? I think I have an idea of who I might want, then...)) 

Cecil stepped into the Viribank Complex and looked about. He figured the construction workers would know where the gym would be, but something else caught his eye. He brought out his pokedex to identify it, "a coagunk, huh?" Cecil smirked, "now that is more my style."

He saw that there was another trainer in the complex, a girl with bright red hair. "Wait, I think I've seen her before. Wasn't she late in picking up her pokedex? If I remember correctly, she had a riolu..." Cecil shook his head, resolving to deal with her only after he had caught the croagunk.

Cecil walked closer to the surveying croagunk, and summoned his sandslash. The pokemon did a flourish at its entrance, sharpening its claws against one another and exclaiming "Slash!"

"Yes, perfect, just as we had gone over. I can't just have you summoned onto the battlefield in a boring fashion, after all"

"Alright, Warden! Dig under that croagunk, and follow it up with a Crush Claw." The sandslash obeyed, and dug downwards. The concrete was tough, and had he still been a sandshrew, he might not have been able to pierce it.

@@Umbreon

((If you want this fighting type too, you'll have to fight for it!))

Croagunk was hit by Sandslash's dig, but jumped back before it could be hit by Crush Claw. It then ran towards Sandslash, hitting him hard with Revenge.

@@Leafeon

Tiana nodded.  "Of course.  Sasha doesn't really know any super-destructive moves, anyway, so we should be fine right here."  Sasha's shoulders hunched over and she bared her fangs, waiting for her trainer to issue the first command.  Comet's Snivy was using Growth, which Tiana thinks makes a Pokemon stronger...if she was remembering correctly.

"Ok, Sasha, use Bite!"  Tiana commanded, pointing at Snivy.

Sasha bounded forward, her jaws open and aimed for Snivy's tail.  "FURrrrr!"

"Use Vine Whip!" Comet commanded her Snivy. Though she had just intended for Snivy to attack, Snivy had a much better idea. She used one of her two vines to close Furfrou's mouth, and the other to hit it's side. The blow was fairly powerful, due to Growth's boost.

@@Leafeon@

((Whelp, looks like Lurele won't be challenging Roxxie either, lol.))

Looking around at the wild Pokemon, Lurele hadn't seen anything even remotely interesting to her until she'd laid her eyes on the Croagunk.  Oh!  I didn't know those showed up around here!  Let's see...  If I use Rio, a fight is guaranteed to happen...  I don't want to just battle something I want to add to my team though, it would be better if we could befriend it.  So maybe...  Yet as her hand started to reach for Torchic's Pokeball, another trainer had suddenly sent a Sandslash after the Croagunk.

"Aww..."  A look of disappointment crossed Lurele's face as her hand drops back to her side.  She shoots a glance towards the other trainer, vaguely recognizing him as one of the foreign trainers she'd seen in Asperita before she'd picked up her Pokedex, then glances away.  Technically she could have interfered and tried for the Croagunk herself...  But that would have been incredibly rude, and there had to be some kind of code for trainers to go by...  After nearly getting robbed just a short while ago, she wasn't about to go and try something that others might consider close to the same lines.

There was nothing else at the Complex she was interested in, so sighing loudly she turns to leave, not sparing the other trainer a second look.  "C'mon guys, I don't like this city...  Let's just go challenge Burgh."  Her Pokemon were still in their Pokeballs, but she liked to think they could still hear her.  "Guess we should just go try and find a boat to Castelia...  The sooner we can get away from all these other trainers the better it seems."  Walking back north, Lurele's plan was to try and find her way to the docks to book passage on a ship.  Assuming she didn't get lost on the way, at least.

When Lurele had arrived at the docks, one of the boats was just about to leave. It was headed to Castelia, and no tickets were needed, as you'd simply pay when boarding, much like a bus. There were few people on it.

@@Leafeon,@@Vaporeon,

Locke laughed happily at the click of the Pokeball. "Ace! We got our third member! Let's keep... Oh wait she's really hurt. And I'm not sure how far the next city is. Let's just go back to Aspertia real quick." Locke hurried back towards the city, healed up Revvy and his new Sentret, and went back onto the route, still completely oblivious to the gym there. He saw a girl on his way to the city, and when he saw her again on his way back, he gave her a short wave as he continued on to the next city. Locke had returned Revvy to his Pokeball, and had let out Sentret. She seemed slightly out of it, having just been so abruptly frightened and then captured. "I think I'm gonna call you Vera, for a somewhat complicated reason." Vera seemed to relax a bit at having a unique name to herself. Not a lot of trainers did something like that, from what she could tell. Locke smiled at this and continued walking, straight through the uninteresting Floccesy Town and onto Route 20. He didn't particularly want to catch a new Pokemon so soon, but he still made his way slowly through the Route on his way to Virbank City.

((Not much to say to this. Could you post again, please?))

@@Leafeon,

"Tsk." Cecil uttered under his breath, as his sandslash staggered backwards from the blow the croagunk dealt. "Hmm, if this was just a battle, I would have Warden curl up and use Roll-out. However, if I do that now, I won't have the opportunity to catch it... but that Revenge hits really hard... this is one of those moments I could really do with a pokemon that could stun or otherwise disable the opponent."

"-Slash!" his sandslash exclaimed. He was hurt by that last hit, but he had no intention of backing down. Cecil nodded in understanding, "right. Okay, Warden, let's put some of that increased speed and heft of yours to work. Try pinning the enemy down."

The sandslash nodded, "sand...", and then proceeded to lunge forward to the croagunk. It didn't splay out its claws to attack with a Crush Claw, but instead attempted to grapple with the croagunk.

"An indirect maneuver like that shouldn't be susceptible to a counter-move like Revenge... and Warden has pretty good immunity to any poison the enemy might be inclined to use..."

@@Leafeon

Racing towards the boat, Lurele jumped off of the dock to land on the deck of the ship as they were getting ready to leave.  Laughing and rubbing the back of her neck as she reached for the money to pay the captain while he glared at her, she managed to get that settled and take her seat.  

Glancing around the boat, Lurele didn't see any trainers that looked like the freak who had tried to rob her...  And since she missed the company, she reaches for Riolu's Pokeball and brings him back out.  Picking up her Pokemon so that he was sitting in her lap, Lurele rests her chin on top of his head while she waits for the ship to bring them to Castelia.

"Rio...  Today has sucked so far."  "Rioluuu..."  Her thoughts drifted to the egg in her pack, probably the only positive thing she could think of happening since she'd gotten her Pokedex, and wondered when it would hatch.  Sighing loudly she wraps her arms around her Riolu to hug the small fighting type during the ride.

@@Leafeon, ((Yup! Was just keeping it open in case you wanted some event to happen.))

Locke finally stepped into Virbank City. He looked around at the polluted place and wrinkled his nose. "Geh! You think they'd clean up a bit at least. This is pretty disgusting!" Clarion nodded in agreement and put her hands over her face, covering a nonexistent nose. "Wooo..." Locke nodded at Clarion's statement and looked around more. Vera was actually covering her nose, and the three of them began wandering around the city. Maybe there was a gym h- Oh yes! There was! Locke smiled widely before walking inside the building. 

Tempest grit his teeth in frustration. He hadn't expected Cheren to have a Jigglypuf. "Blast that puffball with ember." He said.

Cynder landed on the ground, as she heard the first few notes of Jigglypuff's song. She was able to attack with ember, but she fell asleep nonetheless.

@@Leafeon,

"Frou, frou..."  Sasha whimpered in pain as one of Snivy's vines lashed against her side, making her feel winded from the intensity of the blow.  Luckily, she didn't faint immediately thanks to her Fur Coat ability, which halves the damage done to Furfrous by physical moves.  Struggling, Sasha found herself unable to use Bite because Snivy's other vine was wrapped tightly around her mouth.

Tiana winced; Sasha was in a bit of a mess.  "Agh, hold on, Sasha!"  Her mind racing, Tiana recalled that one move she had taught her Furfrou by Technical Machine a while ago.  "Oh!  Sasha, quick, use Return on Snivy!"  She commanded with haste.

"Furrr..."  Using her size and canine muscles for an advantage, Sasha spun around in circles, yanking Snivy by her own vine.  After gaining considerable momentum, Sasha flung Snivy at a nearby wall with the goal of slamming her into it.  "...frOU!"

Edited by Sylveon

(edited)

@@Leafeon,

"Tsk." Cecil uttered under his breath, as his sandslash staggered backwards from the blow the croagunk dealt. "Hmm, if this was just a battle, I would have Warden curl up and use Roll-out. However, if I do that now, I won't have the opportunity to catch it... but that Revenge hits really hard... this is one of those moments I could really do with a pokemon that could stun or otherwise disable the opponent."

"-Slash!" his sandslash exclaimed. He was hurt by that last hit, but he had no intention of backing down. Cecil nodded in understanding, "right. Okay, Warden, let's put some of that increased speed and heft of yours to work. Try pinning the enemy down."

The sandslash nodded, "sand...", and then proceeded to lunge forward to the croagunk. It didn't splay out its claws to attack with a Crush Claw, but instead attempted to grapple with the croagunk.

"An indirect maneuver like that shouldn't be susceptible to a counter-move like Revenge... and Warden has pretty good immunity to any poison the enemy might be inclined to use..."

Croagunk was pinned by Sandslash easily. Though it struggled, it could not free itself. After a while struggling, Croagunk hit Sandslash with a Poison Sting. Though it certainly wouldn't do much, it might just help Croagunk to break free, and run away from the opposition.

@@Leafeon

Racing towards the boat, Lurele jumped off of the dock to land on the deck of the ship as they were getting ready to leave.  Laughing and rubbing the back of her neck as she reached for the money to pay the captain while he glared at her, she managed to get that settled and take her seat.  

Glancing around the boat, Lurele didn't see any trainers that looked like the freak who had tried to rob her...  And since she missed the company, she reaches for Riolu's Pokeball and brings him back out.  Picking up her Pokemon so that he was sitting in her lap, Lurele rests her chin on top of his head while she waits for the ship to bring them to Castelia.

"Rio...  Today has sucked so far."  "Rioluuu..."  Her thoughts drifted to the egg in her pack, probably the only positive thing she could think of happening since she'd gotten her Pokedex, and wondered when it would hatch.  Sighing loudly she wraps her arms around her Riolu to hug the small fighting type during the ride.

- Castelia City -

Castelia was a huge city. With many large buildings, long alley ways, and many people, Castelia was also very easy to get lost in. The gym there was fairly easy to find, however, as many signs pointed to it. About one on every street. Right next to the gym was a large building. It looked like the Seekers building, but much, much, grander. On one of the streets, a large group of people crowded around something. In the middle of the city was a large garden. In said garden, an Eevee and Skitty played together. A Pidove slept in a tree.

@@Leafeon, ((Yup! Was just keeping it open in case you wanted some event to happen.))

Locke finally stepped into Virbank City. He looked around at the polluted place and wrinkled his nose. "Geh! You think they'd clean up a bit at least. This is pretty disgusting!" Clarion nodded in agreement and put her hands over her face, covering a nonexistent nose. "Wooo..." Locke nodded at Clarion's statement and looked around more. Vera was actually covering her nose, and the three of them began wandering around the city. Maybe there was a gym h- Oh yes! There was! Locke smiled widely before walking inside the building. 

When Locke had entered the gym, a girl with white hair could be seen playing the guitar. Loudly. It was a miracle that the noise couldn't be heard outside. The girl paid no attention to Locke as he entered, and no one else seemed to be around. The gym was a mess, not clean at all, similar to the rest of Virbank.

Tempest grit his teeth in frustration. He hadn't expected Cheren to have a Jigglypuf. "Blast that puffball with ember." He said.

Cynder landed on the ground, as she heard the first few notes of Jigglypuff's song. She was able to attack with ember, but she fell asleep nonetheless.

Jigglypuff puffed it's chest up when it was hit by a few Embers. Though not hurt, the pokemon was certainly angry. Without a word from Cheren, Jigglypuff rolled into a ball, hitting Cynder with Roll-out.

@@Leafeon,

"Frou, frou..."  Sasha whimpered in pain as one of Snivy's vines lashed against her side, making her feel winded from the intensity of the blow.  Luckily, she didn't faint immediately thanks to her Fur Coat ability, which halves the damage done to Furfrous by physical moves.  Struggling, Sasha found herself unable to use Bite because Snivy's other vine was wrapped tightly around her mouth.

Tiana winced; Sasha was in a bit of a mess.  "Agh, hold on, Sasha!"  Her mind racing, Tiana recalled that one move she had taught her Furfrou by Technical Machine a while ago.  "Oh!  Sasha, quick, use Return on Snivy!"  She commanded with haste.

"Furrr..."  Using her size and canine muscles for an advantage, Sasha spun around in circles, yanking Snivy by her own vine.  After gaining considerable momentum, Sasha flung Snivy at a nearby wall with the goal of slamming her into it.  "...frOU!"

Snivy was flung, but instead of slamming into the wall, Snivy used one of her free vines to hang from a beam in the ceiling. She slowly descended from where she hung, landing on the ground and brushing off her collar. "Alright Snivy, good work!" Comet cheered. "How about we go for our ultimate attack, now?" Snivy nodded, as her tail began to glow silver. She began to run at Furfrou, jumping up, as to hit her with her tail.

Edited by Leafeon

@@Leafeon,

The poison sting hit the sandslash squarely, but it easily gritted through the minor pain it caused. The sandslash only tightened its grip on the croagunk in stubborn defiance, "slaaash..."

Cecil, confident that his partner had the pokemon firmly within its grasp, walked over to the two. He bent down to look the croagunk in the eye, and spoke to it in a low, serious tone, "listen here. You have the fortune to have caught the eye of a trainer as great as I, and thus you have the opportunity to join with me. If you come under my training, I can assure you that you will never be in want of anything again. Power, glory, respect, even just a guaranteed meal and place to rest your head." He took out an empty pokeball from his bag, "if you accept my offer, you will stand with me. If you do not, I must assume you stand against me." Cecil gave one final, stern look at the croagunk, holding the capture device in its face, "so, what's it gonna be? Will you come along with me, or not?"

The sandslash simply gave its trainer a look of bewilderment. "Of course, I don't expect the croagunk to understand the entirety of what I said. That wasn't the point. It's all about making an impression."

Edited by Aged Rain

@@Leafeon

As she got off the boat, Lurele returned Riolu to his Pokeball.  After Virbank, she didn't trust the large city enough to leave him out.  At least Castelia smelled better though...  And there were lots of signs with directions!  That was good.  

Deciding to explore a little before heading straight to the gym, Lurele starts to wander off.  Following the scent of foliage she manages to find herself at the park, smiling as she watches the Pokemon running around.  "Aww, look how cute they are..."  After watching the Skitty and Eevee playing for a little bit, she turns her attention towards the Scraggy sleeping near the tree and smiles widely.  A Scraggy!  This might be a chance to add a new member to my team...

Reaching for one of her Pokeballs, she tosses it towards the open area in front of the Scraggy.  "Torch, come out and make a new friend, sweetie!"  "Torchic!"  The happy little fire Pokemon scampered over to the tree where the Pidove was pecking at Scraggy, then chirps happily at both of them.  "Chick!  Chick-chick!"  She chimes up eagerly, trying to introduce herself to both of them and trying to get them to play.

Cynder flew back a few feet, and woke up. She then stood up, hesitating slightly. She then glared at the Jigglypuff.

Tempest sighed. "Cynder, return." He said, as he glanced at Drago. "Looks like you're up, bud. Use dig."

Drago smirked, as he jumped onto the field and burrowed into the ground.

Cynder sighed slightly, but went back to Tempest's side.

@@Leafeon,

Both Tiana and Sasha were taken completely by surprise by Snivy's quick reflexes.  Unfortunately,
Sasha's other moves would be useless against Snivy, seeing that it was female.  So Sasha found herself smacked full-force on the head by Snivy’s Iron Tail, which the inexperienced Furfrou just couldn’t take combined with the Growth and Vine Whip from before.  She fell over onto the floor, struggled to stand back up, and collapsed again on her side with a frustrated huff.  Tiana knelt beside her, running a comforting hand through her fur.

“You did a good job, Sasha.  Don’t worry about not winning; we’ll get stronger soon enough.”  With a flash of red Tiana returned Sasha to her luxury ball, placing it back in her purse with a sigh.  Looks like they’ve got quite some training to do before the first gym.  “Wow, you’ve got an impressive Pokemon there!”  She spoke to Comet, smiling and standing back up.  “I had fun!  Glad to have battled with you, Comet.”  She held out her hand to the younger girl for a friendly handshake.

Edited by Sylveon

@@Leafeon,

"Nice work Espeon." Cilla said to her Pokemon. "Are you alright Swablu? Oh I'd hate to imagine what that horrible Glameow would have do to you had Espeon and I not been here." That's when Cilla got an idea. She had just lost out on Poliwag to Sable and the last thing Cilla wanted was for this poor Swablu to get hurt. "I got it. Would you like to travel with me on my journey, little one? Perhaps we'll even find your flock so you can reunite with your family." Cilla got a Pokeball from out of her bag and sat it next to the tiny bird. "How about it?"

Meanwhile Sable had made it back to Aspertia to challenge the gym, after a quick trip to the Pokemon Center of course. "Basic Badge here I come." she said to herself as she entered the gym. "Alright Cheren I'm here to...wait where's the gym leader? Don't tell me he's not here." she said look around.

@@Leafeon,

Arceus... This place is as bad as outside! And this music... Ugh it's terrible! So loud, and... Oooh my ears. Locke covered his ears as Clarion tried to do the same with hers, but she was having trouble finding where they actually were. Locke was just going to wait it out. Of course, he'd take his hands away before she could seem him. He didn't want to disrespect her in any way. 

(edited)

@@Leafeon,

The poison sting hit the sandslash squarely, but it easily gritted through the minor pain it caused. The sandslash only tightened its grip on the croagunk in stubborn defiance, "slaaash..."

Cecil, confident that his partner had the pokemon firmly within its grasp, walked over to the two. He bent down to look the croagunk in the eye, and spoke to it in a low, serious tone, "listen here. You have the fortune to have caught the eye of a trainer as great as I, and thus you have the opportunity to join with me. If you come under my training, I can assure you that you will never be in want of anything again. Power, glory, respect, even just a guaranteed meal and place to rest your head." He took out an empty pokeball from his bag, "if you accept my offer, you will stand with me. If you do not, I must assume you stand against me." Cecil gave one final, stern look at the croagunk, holding the capture device in its face, "so, what's it gonna be? Will you come along with me, or not?"

The sandslash simply gave its trainer a look of bewilderment. "Of course, I don't expect the croagunk to understand the entirety of what I said. That wasn't the point. It's all about making an impression."

Croagunk looked a bit... confused. Despite the fact it couldn't move, Croagunk was quite adamant regarding it's decision to go with a trainer. From what it had seen, trainer's weren't exactly nice. Cecil's words weren't exactly helping this belief. When Croagunk got the chance, it used Mud-slap. Not aimed at Sandslash, however. The attack was aimed at Cecil.

@@Leafeon

As she got off the boat, Lurele returned Riolu to his Pokeball.  After Virbank, she didn't trust the large city enough to leave him out.  At least Castelia smelled better though...  And there were lots of signs with directions!  That was good.  

Deciding to explore a little before heading straight to the gym, Lurele starts to wander off.  Following the scent of foliage she manages to find herself at the park, smiling as she watches the Pokemon running around.  "Aww, look how cute they are..."  After watching the Skitty and Eevee playing for a little bit, she turns her attention towards the Scraggy sleeping near the tree and smiles widely.  A Scraggy!  This might be a chance to add a new member to my team...

Reaching for one of her Pokeballs, she tosses it towards the open area in front of the Scraggy.  "Torch, come out and make a new friend, sweetie!"  "Torchic!"  The happy little fire Pokemon scampered over to the tree where the Pidove was pecking at Scraggy, then chirps happily at both of them.  "Chick!  Chick-chick!"  She chimes up eagerly, trying to introduce herself to both of them and trying to get them to play.

Scraggy noticed the Torchic and didn't do a thing. After a while of her being there, Scraggy suddenly opening his arms with a rejoicing cry, obviously happy for Torchic to be there. As it did this, the baggy skin ((ew)) Scraggy always held up fell down. It was another long pause until Scraggy noticed this, and pulled them up again.

Cynder flew back a few feet, and woke up. She then stood up, hesitating slightly. She then glared at the Jigglypuff.

Tempest sighed. "Cynder, return." He said, as he glanced at Drago. "Looks like you're up, bud. Use dig."

Drago smirked, as he jumped onto the field and burrowed into the ground.

Cynder sighed slightly, but went back to Tempest's side.

When Jigglypuff's second roll-out collided with the air and not a pokemon, it looked around, confused. "The pokemon you're targeting is now Gible, though it's underground right now." Jigglypuff nodded and giggled softly. A fairy against a dragon was a bit of an odd type pair up one would pick on purpose, no? Not receiving any further instructions and not having any good decisions of it's own, Jigglypuff waited.

@@Leafeon,

Both Tiana and Sasha were taken completely by surprise by Snivy's quick reflexes.  Unfortunately,

Sasha's other moves would be useless against Snivy, seeing that it was female.  So Sasha found herself smacked full-force on the head by Snivy’s Iron Tail, which the inexperienced Furfrou just couldn’t take combined with the Growth and Vine Whip from before.  She fell over onto the floor, struggled to stand back up, and collapsed again on her side with a frustrated huff.  Tiana knelt beside her, running a comforting hand through her fur.

“You did a good job, Sasha.  Don’t worry about not winning; we’ll get stronger soon enough.”  With a flash of red Tiana returned Sasha to her luxury ball, placing it back in her purse with a sigh.  Looks like they’ve got quite some training to do before the first gym.  “Wow, you’ve got an impressive Pokemon there!”  She spoke to Comet, smiling and standing back up.  “I had fun!  Glad to have battled with you, Comet.”  She held out her hand to the younger girl for a friendly handshake.

Snivy bounded back onto Comet's shoulder, and was patted on the head by the girl. "Thank you..." Comet begun, cautiously shaking Tiana's hand. "But I do hope your pokemon isn't too hurt. Snivy overdoes it sometimes..." Snivy rolled her eyes at her trainer's words.

@@Leafeon,

"Nice work Espeon." Cilla said to her Pokemon. "Are you alright Swablu? Oh I'd hate to imagine what that horrible Glameow would have do to you had Espeon and I not been here." That's when Cilla got an idea. She had just lost out on Poliwag to Sable and the last thing Cilla wanted was for this poor Swablu to get hurt. "I got it. Would you like to travel with me on my journey, little one? Perhaps we'll even find your flock so you can reunite with your family." Cilla got a Pokeball from out of her bag and sat it next to the tiny bird. "How about it?"

Meanwhile Sable had made it back to Aspertia to challenge the gym, after a quick trip to the Pokemon Center of course. "Basic Badge here I come." she said to herself as she entered the gym. "Alright Cheren I'm here to...wait where's the gym leader? Don't tell me he's not here." she said look around.

Swablu fell quiet for a second. It wasn't exactly sure what to do. Before not too long, Swablu began cheering again. It used it's beak to peck the button on the pokeball. One... Two... Three. The pokeball stayed shut. Swablu has been caught

img-2513895-1-250px-333Swablu.png

Swablu! The Cotton Bird pokemon! For some reason, it likes to land on people's heads softly and act like it's a hat.

Gender: Female                  OT: Cillia (Vaporeon)                 Nature: Naive/Highly Curious (Nature doesn't affect battle performance)

Currently Knows: Peck, Sing, Round, and Mist. Can be taught Refresh and Mirror Move with minimum training.

Ability: Natural Cure

Upon further inspection, Sable could see that the leader was battling someone. There appeared to be another trainer waiting to battle him as well.

@@Leafeon,

Arceus... This place is as bad as outside! And this music... Ugh it's terrible! So loud, and... Oooh my ears. Locke covered his ears as Clarion tried to do the same with hers, but she was having trouble finding where they actually were. Locke was just going to wait it out. Of course, he'd take his hands away before she could seem him. He didn't want to disrespect her in any way. 

After quite a while of waiting, Roxie finally acknowledged there was a trainer in her midst, she put her guitar down, before spinning around to Locke and pointing a finger at him. "You should've told me you were here!" She exclaimed. "You here for a gym battle? How many badges do you have, anyway?"

Edited by Leafeon

After quite a while of waiting, Roxie finally acknowledged there was a trainer in her midst, she put her guitar down, before spinning around to Locke and pointing a finger at him. "You should've told me you were here!" She exclaimed. "You here for a gym battle? How many badges do you have, anyway?"

Quickly putting his hands by his sides, Locke bowed his head slightly. "Uh... Sorry? And yea I'm here for a gym battle, but I don't have any badges. I came here from Aspertia so... yea. Uh.... Yea. Any prerequisites for the match, perhaps?" Locke had heard that some gym leaders liked to do Double Battles and the like. Maybe this gym leader was one of those people.

Tempest smirked, as he waited for Drago. After a few seconds, the trainer figured that he might as well make another move. "Drago, use fire fang." He said, glancing at the Jigglypuff to make sure the plan would work. He knew that Drago was very fast and a strong attacker, even for a Pokémon of his age.

Drago leaped out of the ground behind Jigglypuff, with his mouth basically on fire.

@@Leafeon,

Cecil took the mudslap to the face, and some of it splattered onto his clothes aswell. He stood up , but looked down at the croagunk through the mud. He closed his eyes, and brought one arm up. He wiped the mud off his face with the sleeve of his shirt, "this! This croagunk is such a rapscallion! A scoundrel! A no-good dirty ruffian..."

He stared at the croagunk once more, but tears started forming in his eyes. "you... you're... PERFECT!" He bent down on his arms and knees so as to level with the pokemon, "that was exactly the answer I was hoping you would give! Such attitude! Such independence!" he brought one hand to his belt, and grabbed Scout's pokeball. He summoned his growlithe, who proceeded to first happily bark at the croagunk, but then turned around to Cecil, and licked him in the face.

"You see? You see what I am working with here? I need someone like you!" His growlithe and sandslash simply looked at their trainer in blank confusion. Cecil clasped one of croagunk's 'hands', "please! You have no idea how dreadfully dull it gets when all your pokemon simply accept whatever you do blindly! I need a pokemon who can sometimes knock me down a peg!"

"Slash?" "Lithe?" His two pokemon asked in utter confusion, "oh, no offense you two. I admire your loyalty and all, but a third pokemon like that? Simply would not fit the team dynamic I have in mind." Cecil clarified to his two pokemon, though he was still grasping the croagunk.

Edited by Aged Rain

Quickly putting his hands by his sides, Locke bowed his head slightly. "Uh... Sorry? And yea I'm here for a gym battle, but I don't have any badges. I came here from Aspertia so... yea. Uh.... Yea. Any prerequisites for the match, perhaps?" Locke had heard that some gym leaders liked to do Double Battles and the like. Maybe this gym leader was one of those people.

"Nah." Roxxie said, bluntly. "No need to be so formal, kid." She then opened a guitar case. Instead of having a guitar, however, it had a bunch of pokeballs in it. Picking two pokeballs, she pointed to what looked to be a field suitable enough for battle.

"There's no ref here like at that fancy Aspertia gym, but we'll be fine without one." She said, summoning her first pokemon to the field. It was a Koffing. "This is a 2v2 battle, and you get first move."

Tempest smirked, as he waited for Drago. After a few seconds, the trainer figured that he might as well make another move. "Drago, use fire fang." He said, glancing at the Jigglypuff to make sure the plan would work. He knew that Drago was very fast and a strong attacker, even for a Pokémon of his age.

Drago leaped out of the ground behind Jigglypuff, with his mouth basically on fire.

Jigglypuff, not expecting the Gible in the slightest, struggled against it's Fire Fang, which hit dead-on. It stumbled backwards, looking quite distraught. "Use Disable, Jigglypuff!" Jigglypuff nodded, and disabled Gible's Fire Fang. That should make this a bit easier for the fairy.

((I won't disable more than one of your moves at a time. You can choose when the disable expires, within reason.))

@@Leafeon,

Cecil took the mudslap to the face, and some of it splattered onto his clothes aswell. He stood up , but looked down at the croagunk through the mud. He closed his eyes, and brought one arm up. He wiped the mud off his face with the sleeve of his shirt, "this! This croagunk is such a rapscallion! A scoundrel! A no-good dirty ruffian..."

He stared at the croagunk once more, but tears started forming in his eyes. "you... you're... PERFECT!" He bent down on his arms and knees so as to level with the pokemon, "that was exactly the answer I was hoping you would give! Such attitude! Such independence!" he brought one hand to his belt, and grabbed Scout's pokeball. He summoned his growlithe, who proceeded to first happily bark at the croagunk, but then turned around to Cecil, and licked him in the face.

"You see? You see what I am working with here? I need someone like you!" His growlithe and sandslash simply looked at their trainer in blank confusion. Cecil clasped one of croagunk's 'hands', "please! You have no idea how dreadfully dull it gets when all your pokemon simply accept whatever you do blindly! I need a pokemon who can knock me sometimes knock me down a peg!"

"Slash?" "Lithe?" His two pokemon asked in utter confusion, "oh, no offense you two. I admire your loyalty and all, but a third pokemon like that? Simply would not fit the team dynamic I have in mind." Cecil clarified to his two pokemon, though he was still grasping the croagunk.

((I think it's safe to say Cecil is best pony.))

Croagunk tilted it's head. This human was clearly insane! But... the prospect of knocking down someone's ego constantly was quite tempting. Croagunk was struggling more, now. It managed to break free of both Cecil and Sandslash's clutches, and slowly backed up a bit away from the trio. Croagunk then used a taunting motion, as if it wanted to battle.

@@Leafeon

Lurele laughs at Scraggy's reaction, walking up as her Torchic chirps happily and starts running around Scraggy in circles.  "Hey there little guy!"  She crouches down in front of Scraggy with a smile, trying to extend her hand to the fighting Pokemon though she keeps getting distracted and interrupted by her Torchic running back and forth in between them.  

After a couple failed attempts to extend her hand towards Scraggy in a friendly manner, Lurele sighs and picks up Torchic when she runs past again.  Holding the fire type in mid-air, Torchic was still kicking its little feet as though it were running on the ground and continued chirping happily.  "Torch, sweetie, you are like...  Way too hyper right now.  What have you been eating?"  

Trying to position her Torchic under her arm long enough she could introduce herself to the wild Scraggy, Lurele finally manages to extend her hand long enough to pat the fighting type on the head.  "I'm glad to see you two are getting along!  I'm Lurele, Torch's trainer."  She smiles happily and fishes an empty Pokeball out of her pack, setting it on the ground next to her.  "Scraggy, I'm hoping to be a master of fighting types some day, and I was wondering if you would want to come with us and help us with that goal?  I think you'd make a great addition to the team."  

About that time her Torchic starts chiming up again, causing Lurele to sigh and set the Pokemon back down where she immediately starts to run in circles around them again.  Trying her best to ignore her Torchic's antics, Lurele turns back to the Scraggy.  "What do you say, Scraggy?  We can battle first if you want to make sure I'm strong enough, I don't want to catch a Pokemon without asking their opinion though!"

@@Leafeon,

((thank you! He really tries to be... or at least convince others that he is)) 

Cecil stood back up on his two feet, a smug smirk plastered on his face. He wiped away some more of the mud off his face, and looked towards the croagunk. "Right, then. Things are serious now. Prepare thyself, you scoundrel!" Cecil turned towards his sandslash, "Warden, Defense Curl!"

The sandslash nodded, "-slash!" and curled into a ball. Cecil then proceeded to pick up the spiky ball of living destruction. "Now! Combo-attack! Roll-out!" With honed precision, Cecil threw his sandslash towards the croagunk.

@@Leafeon, ((I'm assuming 2v2 means only 2 Pokemon can be used throughout the whole battle, instead of an actual Double Battle))

Locke nodded and rubbed the back of his neck before studying the Koffing. He didn't really have anything he could easily beat it with, so he settled on his most powerful Pokemon. Returning Clarion and Vera to their Pokeballs, Locke threw up the only other occupied one around his belt. The Gastly's blue smog sparkled as it came out of it's Pokeball. Seeing it's opponent, the Gastly smiled and readied itself for Locke's command. "Revvy I don't need to tell you. Do the opening!" The Gastly looked confused for a second before realizing what Locke was talking about. The trainer had been in a few contests back in Sinnoh, and had learned a few tricks. The Gastly started creating a ball of yellow light, but the ball was soon being circled by several pink-blue wisps of fire. After a few moments, Revvy fired the Confuse Ray-Will o' Wisp combo at the Koffing.

• Brohoof 1

Tempest grit his teeth in anger, but decided that it was inevitable. He then decided that it was time for a bit of a distraction. "Drago, use dig." He said. If this work, then he may be able to get rid of the Jigglypuff.

Gible nodded, and dove back into the ground.

@@Leafeon@@Vaporeon,

Tiana chuckled.  “It’s fine, really.  Sasha’s a tough cookie.”  Turning around and heading for the exit, Tiana waved goodbye to the other girl.  “Hope to see you sometime again, Comet!  Take care!”  After saying her farewells, Tiana left the building and headed straight for the Pokemon Center.  About thirty minutes later she was standing outside the center with a healthy and energetic Furfrou by her side again.

“Frou…”  Sasha sighed, her tail between her legs dejectedly.  Tiana smiled sympathetically, scratching Sasha behind her ear.

“Don’t worry, girl.  We’ll get stronger, just you watch.”  Furfrou seemed to perk up slightly from Tiana’s encouraging words, licking her hand to show her appreciation.  The two of them were currently leaving Aspertia City and entering Route 19, the fresh scent of tall grass and trees reaching them and soothing their stress…

Sasha, however, quickly tensed, her eyes focused and snout sniffling in the breeze.  Moments later she took off down the route, determination present in all of her features.

“Sasha?  Sasha!  Tiana shouted, running after her Furfrou.  Luckily she was used to regularly dancing in heels, so running in her pumps wasn't all that difficult for her.  What could possibly have come over Sasha, though?  Her questions were quickly answered once she found Sasha standing alert at the bottom of the cliff, barking ferociously at a Glameow up above on the clifftop.

“Oh!”  Tiana’s eyes widened at the sight of the cat Pokemon her Furfrou had found.  It was absolutely gorgeous, with plush-looking fur and an elegantly spiraled tail.  Such a creature definitely interested the idol.  "Good girl, Sasha!"  Tiana praised her canine Pokemon, rubbing her on the head affectionately.

@@Leafeon

Lurele laughs at Scraggy's reaction, walking up as her Torchic chirps happily and starts running around Scraggy in circles.  "Hey there little guy!"  She crouches down in front of Scraggy with a smile, trying to extend her hand to the fighting Pokemon though she keeps getting distracted and interrupted by her Torchic running back and forth in between them.  

After a couple failed attempts to extend her hand towards Scraggy in a friendly manner, Lurele sighs and picks up Torchic when she runs past again.  Holding the fire type in mid-air, Torchic was still kicking its little feet as though it were running on the ground and continued chirping happily.  "Torch, sweetie, you are like...  Way too hyper right now.  What have you been eating?"  

Trying to position her Torchic under her arm long enough she could introduce herself to the wild Scraggy, Lurele finally manages to extend her hand long enough to pat the fighting type on the head.  "I'm glad to see you two are getting along!  I'm Lurele, Torch's trainer."  She smiles happily and fishes an empty Pokeball out of her pack, setting it on the ground next to her.  "Scraggy, I'm hoping to be a master of fighting types some day, and I was wondering if you would want to come with us and help us with that goal?  I think you'd make a great addition to the team."  

About that time her Torchic starts chiming up again, causing Lurele to sigh and set the Pokemon back down where she immediately starts to run in circles around them again.  Trying her best to ignore her Torchic's antics, Lurele turns back to the Scraggy.  "What do you say, Scraggy?  We can battle first if you want to make sure I'm strong enough, I don't want to catch a Pokemon without asking their opinion though!"

"Getting along" was stretching things a bit. Scraggy hadn't moved from the position of pulling it's loose skin up, only blinking upon occasion. When Lurele asked her question(s) to Scraggy in regards to it joining the team, it, once again, did nothing, then suddenly jumped up and looked to be taunting Torchic. It seemed like it wanted to fight. Instead of attacking Torchic outright, however, Scraggy began to dance (or rather stumble) in an odd pattern. It looked to be glowing red as well. When Scraggy was done, it faced Torchic again, not doing a thing.

((The move Scraggy is using is Dragon Dance. It's quite a good move on Scraggy, but also an egg move. No need to worry about it being a bit overpowered, though. I'm sure you can see that Scraggy has some... issues.))

@@Leafeon,

((thank you! He really tries to be... or at least convince others that he is)) 

Cecil stood back up on his two feet, a smug smirk plastered on his face. He wiped away some more of the mud off his face, and looked towards the croagunk. "Right, then. Things are serious now. Prepare thyself, you scoundrel!" Cecil turned towards his sandslash, "Warden, Defense Curl!"

The sandslash nodded, "-slash!" and curled into a ball. Cecil then proceeded to pick up the spiky ball of living destruction. "Now! Combo-attack! Roll-out!" With honed precision, Cecil threw his sandslash towards the croagunk.

Croagunk was hit dead on by Sandslash's Roll-out. It stumbled back, before running up to Warden, and attempting to hit it with Revenge. Not an easy task, considering Sandslash was still moving.

@@Leafeon, ((I'm assuming 2v2 means only 2 Pokemon can be used throughout the whole battle, instead of an actual Double Battle))

Locke nodded and rubbed the back of his neck before studying the Koffing. He didn't really have anything he could easily beat it with, so he settled on his most powerful Pokemon. Returning Clarion and Vera to their Pokeballs, Locke threw up the only other occupied one around his belt. The Gastly's blue smog sparkled as it came out of it's Pokeball. Seeing it's opponent, the Gastly smiled and readied itself for Locke's command. "Revvy I don't need to tell you. Do the opening!" The Gastly looked confused for a second before realizing what Locke was talking about. The trainer had been in a few contests back in Sinnoh, and had learned a few tricks. The Gastly started creating a ball of yellow light, but the ball was soon being circled by several pink-blue wisps of fire. After a few moments, Revvy fired the Confuse Ray-Will o' Wisp combo at the Koffing.

Roxie grunted in response to Revvy's attack. "You think something that slow's gonna hit a pokemon who's completely focused on your attack? Jeez." Roxie covered her face with her palm in bored amusement. Confuse Ray could be fast on it's own, but pairing it with Will-o-Wisp certainly slowed it down. "Dodge it, Koffing!" Koffing levitated up slightly. Just enough for the move to miss. "Now Taunt!" Koffing blew out some brown gas from it's body, and glared at Gastly, taunting it to come closer.

Tempest grit his teeth in anger, but decided that it was inevitable. He then decided that it was time for a bit of a distraction. "Drago, use dig." He said. If this work, then he may be able to get rid of the Jigglypuff.

Gible nodded, and dove back into the ground.

"Can you follow it, Jigglypuff?" Cheren asked his pokemon. Jigglypuff wandered to the hole Gible had made, then shook it's head. That'd be a big no. "Well, we'll just wait, then."

@@Leafeon@@Vaporeon,

Tiana chuckled.  “It’s fine, really.  Sasha’s a tough cookie.”  Turning around and heading for the exit, Tiana waved goodbye to the other girl.  “Hope to see you sometime again, Comet!  Take care!”  After saying her farewells, Tiana left the building and headed straight for the Pokemon Center.  About thirty minutes later she was standing outside the center with a healthy and energetic Furfrou by her side again.

“Frou…”  Sasha sighed, her tail between her legs dejectedly.  Tiana smiled sympathetically, scratching Sasha behind her ear.

“Don’t worry, girl.  We’ll get stronger, just you watch.”  Furfrou seemed to perk up slightly from Tiana’s encouraging words, licking her hand to show her appreciation.  The two of them were currently leaving Aspertia City and entering Route 19, the fresh scent of tall grass and trees reaching them and soothing their stress…

Sasha, however, quickly tensed, her eyes focused and snout sniffling in the breeze.  Moments later she took off down the route, determination present in all of her features.

“Sasha?  Sasha!  Tiana shouted, running after her Furfrou.  Luckily she was used to regularly dancing in heels, so running in her pumps wasn't all that difficult for her.  What could possibly have come over Sasha, though?  Her questions were quickly answered once she found Sasha standing alert at the bottom of the cliff, barking ferociously at a Glameow up above on the clifftop.

“Oh!”  Tiana’s eyes widened at the sight of the cat Pokemon her Furfrou had found.  It was absolutely gorgeous, with plush-looking fur and an elegantly spiraled tail.  Such a creature definitely interested the idol.  "Good girl, Sasha!"  Tiana praised her canine Pokemon, rubbing her on the head affectionately.

Glameow's attention was quickly brought to the barking Furfrou. How obnoxious. Glameow strided down from the cliff it was perched upon, and stood infront of Sasha and Tiana, looking as regal as a Glameow could. When Sasha didn't stop barking, however, Glameow walked up to it, and swiped her across the muzzle. This pokemon was far too noisy.

@@Leafeon,

The curled up sandslash bounced backwards upon contact with the croagunk. Rather then attempting to reverse direction back towards the enemy, Warden continued in the opposite direction, picking up further speed. The rolling rodent out-paced the croagunk's attempt to counter-attack.

"Don't just keep away from it, Warden!" Cecil advised, and the sandslash responded by setting itself on a curved path, making a return trip to strike the enemy with greater speed than previous. 

Edited by Aged Rain