Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Seekers (Pokemon RP)

Leafeon

(edited)

@@Leafeon,

Cecil gasped in surprise when he saw aipom pop out of the ground, without his sandshrew following suit. "Pardon? Warden? Quoi? Où?" Cecil said, flustered, before realizing his tongue slipped. "Err... I mean, Warden? What happened?" Cecil clarified, before planting his palm to his face. "Wait, what am I even saying? He can't hear my question down there, anyway."

The sandshrew, however, was distraught when his attack missed. He stood there in his tunnel, all alone. He knew he didn't stand much of a chance against the more agile aipom above ground. His own wounds were starting to get to him, as well, with his adrenaline fading. The ringing in his ears hadn't stopped either, and overall Warden was feeling quite sorry for itself.

Had I let down my trainer? Was I not good enough? Why can't I just sleep now? These are the thoughts that would run through its mind, had it a less primitive intellect. Instead, it just felt bad... real bad, and just wanted to curl into a ball and not worry about the consequences.

But, a voice rang through its head, through the ringing and the splitting of its headache. Its timbre sounded as clear as day, but the sandshrew couldn't make out any words or commands. It was his trainer, the sandshrew recognized. But it was a warmer tone than typical, a voice that conveyed confidence and hope. The sandshrew didn't pause to consider the very real possibility that it might just be its own delusion, but it was exactly the kind of thing the sandshrew needed to hear to keep on fighting.

Warden looked up towards where the surface would be, a determined scowl upon its face. It felt an unfamiliar energy coursing through its body, as if though he was stronger than before. That this might not just be a feeble second wind, but a forceful growth that could gain him the upper hand.

His body started to change: his foreclaws elongated. the hide on his back hardened and protruded out in spikes, and his face elongated slightly as his body grew outward. He looked at his new claws, and uttered softly, "-slash." Wasting no time to familiarize itself further with its changed body, the sandslash burrowed upward at a speed greater than what he was able to accomplish before. When he broke through the surface beneath his opponent, he splayed out his leading claw and attempted to crush the aipom.

((And now Warden has evolved. His Fury Swipes move has been replaced with Crush Claw, a move sandslashes learn immediately in Gen 6.))

Edited by Aged Rain

@@Leafeon

Lurele had watched stunned as this new trainer fought off the man who had been in the process of robbing her. Riolu quickly scooped up Torchic's Pokeball and rushed back to Lurele to climbed into her lap where she was still sitting after having been tossed to the ground.

As the man left and the other trainer started to approach her, Lurele seemed to snap back into reality.  She politely holds up a finger to ask her rescuer to wait, pressing the button on Torchic's Pokeball.  With a flash of light the little fire type was on the ground in front of her, and Lurele quickly scooped up both of her Pokemon in a sudden hug.  "Oh thank Arceus you two are alright!  I don't know what I would do if I lost you...  I...  I'm sorry!  I promise I'll get stronger so I can protect you!"  

Her Torchic seemed confused, since she'd been in her Pokeball the entire time, chirping a couple times to try and cheer up her trainer.  Her Riolu looked embarrassed, reaching up to wipe the tears off of Lurele's cheek before quietly muttering "Lu?" and pointing at the trainer who'd rescued them.  Nodding a couple times, Lurele sets her Pokemon down so she can stand up and turn to the girl.

Reaching up to wipe the tears out of her eyes with the back of her hand, Lurele starts to smile as she steps closer to her rescuer.  "I...  I mean, we're fine...  Thanks to you anyways.  Thank you so much!  What...  What was all of that about?"  She pauses for a moment before adding "I'm Lurele, by the way...  Can I know what my hero's name is?"

@@Leafeon,

Cecil gasped in surprise when he saw aipom pop out of the ground, without his sandshrew following suit. "Pardon? Warden? Quoi? Où?" Cecil said, flustered, before realizing his tongue slipped. "Err... I mean, Warden? What happened?" Cecil clarified, before planting his palm to his face. "Wait, what am I even saying? He can't hear my question down there, anyway."

The sandshrew, however, was distraught when his attack missed. He stood there in his tunnel, all alone. He knew he didn't stand much of a chance against the more agile aipom above ground. His own wounds were starting to get to him, as well, with his adrenaline fading. The ringing in his ears hadn't stopped either, and overall Warden was feeling quite sorry for itself.

Had I let down my trainer? Was I not good enough? Why can't I just sleep now? These are the thoughts that would run through its mind, had it a less primitive intellect. Instead, it just felt bad... real bad, and just wanted to curl into a ball and not worry about the consequences.

But, a voice rang through its head, through the ringing and the splitting of its headache. Its timbre sounded as clear as day, but the sandshrew couldn't make out any words or commands. It was his trainer, the sandshrew recognized. But it was a warmer tone than typical, a voice that conveyed confidence and hope. The sandshrew didn't pause to consider the very real possibility that it might just be its own delusion, but it was exactly the kind of thing the sandshrew needed to hear to keep on fighting.

Warden looked up towards where the surface would be, a determined scowl upon its face. It felt an unfamiliar energy coursing through its body, as if though he was stronger than before. That this might not just be a feeble second wind, but a forceful growth that could gain him the upper hand.

His body started to change: his foreclaws elongated. the hide on his back hardened and protruded out in spikes, and his face elongated slightly as his body grew outward. He looked at his new claws, and uttered softly, "-slash." Wasting no time to familiarize itself further with its changed body, the sandslash burrowed upward at a speed greater than what he was able to accomplish before. When he emerged unto the surface beneath his opponent, he splayed out his leading claw and attempted to crush the aipom.

((And now Warden has evolved. His Fury Swipes move has been replaced with Crush Claw, a move sandslashes learn immediately in Gen 6.))

Aipom cried out in pain at Sandslash's attack, quickly freeing herself, and bounding backwards. Panting, Aipom couldn't take much more of this. "Ah. This is an interesting change of events, isn't it?" Cheren thought aloud. "Use Swift, Aipom." Aipom fired a few stars at Sandslash, but didn't really look to be putting it's all into it. They had lost the fight, with no way of recovery.

@@Leafeon

Lurele had watched stunned as this new trainer fought off the man who had been in the process of robbing her. Riolu quickly scooped up Torchic's Pokeball and rushed back to Lurele to climbed into her lap where she was still sitting after having been tossed to the ground.

As the man left and the other trainer started to approach her, Lurele seemed to snap back into reality.  She politely holds up a finger to ask her rescuer to wait, pressing the button on Torchic's Pokeball.  With a flash of light the little fire type was on the ground in front of her, and Lurele quickly scooped up both of her Pokemon in a sudden hug.  "Oh thank Arceus you two are alright!  I don't know what I would do if I lost you...  I...  I'm sorry!  I promise I'll get stronger so I can protect you!"  

Her Torchic seemed confused, since she'd been in her Pokeball the entire time, chirping a couple times to try and cheer up her trainer.  Her Riolu looked embarrassed, reaching up to wipe the tears off of Lurele's cheek before quietly muttering "Lu?" and pointing at the trainer who'd rescued them.  Nodding a couple times, Lurele sets her Pokemon down so she can stand up and turn to the girl.

Reaching up to wipe the tears out of her eyes with the back of her hand, Lurele starts to smile as she steps closer to her rescuer.  "I...  I mean, we're fine...  Thanks to you anyways.  Thank you so much!  What...  What was all of that about?"  She pauses for a moment before adding "I'm Lurele, by the way...  Can I know what my hero's name is?"

The girl blushed slightly at the other trainer's question. She didn't mind compliments, but had never been really good at receiving them. "Oh. I'm Stella." She said, pushing a wisp of hair behind her ear. "As for what that was all about... If you haven't noticed, Unova's been pretty out of whack as of late. I'm sure you were told about the insane followers of Zekrom and Reshiram when you got here, right?" Stella began, glancing around to make sure there wasn't anyone else around. "What they didn't tell you is that there's three groups following all three legendaries of the Tao trio. That was a follower of the third one, Kyurem. Or at least, that's what his outfit would suggest." 

Stella shook her head, obviously not enjoying the subject at hand, and therefore attempted to change it. She peered down at Lurele's two pokemon. "Hm. Are you a fan of fighting types, perhaps?" Stella asked, curiously, then summoned the pokemon she had used before. "No offense, but no one beats this guy. Even if he refuses to use ranged attacks."

@@Leafeon,

Cecil quickly removed his hand from his face when he pokemon burst through the ground. "Warden?" He pulled out his pokedex and registered the data on his newly evolved sandslash, reading over the details of its new capabilities. "So, you've done it, then? You've finally evolved, " he said quietly in genuine surprise, but he soon realized such a statement was not at all acceptable to his sensibilities. He perked up his head and flourished his arms triumphantly, "yes, all according to plan. Great job, Warden!"

The sandslash nodded in appreciation of his trainer's acknowledgement, but swiftly turned back to the aipom. He was hit by a small spatter of stars, but they hardly even slowed him down as he proceeded to rush towards the aipom. "Now, one final attack! Crush Claw!" Cecil commanded, dramatically gesturing as if though he was directing a firing squad. "Slash!"

Edited by Aged Rain

@@Leafeon,

It seems this time Espeon wasn't fast enough as the attack hit her head on. Though being a simple water gun, Espeon managed to take the hit fairly well. "Alright I think we've weakened it enough." Cilla says before getting out a Pokeball and throwing it at Poliwag. "Oh no you don't. Shadow Punch, Haunter!" Haunter quickly appears next to Poliwag and punches it out of the way of Cilla's Pokeball allowing Sable to throw one of her own. "Come on, come on..." Sable says to herself as she watches the ball shake back and forth.

@@Leafeon

Lurele smiles widely as she recognizes the Pokemon that had come to their rescue, nodding her head.  "Yeah, I want to be a Gym Leader specializing in fighting types!  That's a Mienshao, right!?"  Without waiting for confirmation, or to learn if Mienshao would mind, Lurele had moved up to the fighting type pokemon and was walking around him, feeling his arms and admiring the Pokemon.  

"Wow, he's a beautiful Pokemon...  I would love to have a chance to train one someday!  It's no wonder he was able to chase off that guy's Pokemon, the two of you must be an amazing team..."  She turns her gaze back to Stella from the Pokemon, a wide smile on her face.  In fact, anyone would probably swear that there was a sparkle to the trainer's eyes as she spoke about the fighting type.  

(edited)

@@Leafeon,

Cecil quickly removed his hand from his face when he pokemon burst through the ground. "Warden?" He pulled out his pokedex and registered the data on his newly evolved sandslash, reading over the details of its new capabilities. "So, you've done it, then? You've finally evolved, " he said quietly in genuine surprise, but he soon realized such a statement was not at all acceptable to his sensibilities. He perked up his head and flourished his arms triumphantly, "yes, all according to plan. Great job, Warden!"

The sandslash nodded in appreciation of his trainer's acknowledgement, but swiftly turned back to the aipom. He was hit by a small spatter of stars, but they hardly even slowed him down as he proceeded to rush towards the aipom. "Now, one final attack! Crush Claw!" Cecil commanded, dramatically gesturing as if though he was directing a firing squad. "Slash!"

"Dodge it, then use Screech." Cheren commanded his pokemon. However, Aipom was far too exhausted to move quickly enough to get out of the way of Sandslash, easily getting hit by his Crush Claw.

"Aipom is unable to battle." The referee said, as Cheren returned Aipom to her pokeball. "Cheren is out of usable pokemon. Which means, the challenger takes the win!" Cheren walked up to Cecil and handed him a Basic Badge. "Excellent battle." He said, as a genuine compliment.

@@Antismurf9001@,

"Oh dear. Someone else has arrived, have they?" Cheren remarked, regarding the new trainer. "I believe that one" Cheren pointed at Tempest, "was here first. But, if you'd like to to wait more, I'll take on the either of you. Provided you both have no badges so far, of course."

@@Leafeon,

It seems this time Espeon wasn't fast enough as the attack hit her head on. Though being a simple water gun, Espeon managed to take the hit fairly well. "Alright I think we've weakened it enough." Cilla says before getting out a Pokeball and throwing it at Poliwag. "Oh no you don't. Shadow Punch, Haunter!" Haunter quickly appears next to Poliwag and punches it out of the way of Cilla's Pokeball allowing Sable to throw one of her own. "Come on, come on..." Sable says to herself as she watches the ball shake back and forth.

The pokeball shook. One... Two... Three. The pokeball stayed shut. Poliwag has been caught.

img-2506643-1-250px-060Poliwag.png

Poliwag! The Tadpole pokemon! The direction of the spiral on the belly differs by area. It is more adept at swimming than walking. 

Gender: Male                  OT: Sable (Vaporeon)                 Nature: Timid/Quick to flee (Nature doesn't affect battle performance)

Currently Knows: Water Gun, Hypnosis, Bubble, and Double Slap. Can be taught Rain Dance and Body Slam with minimum training.

Ability: Water Absorb

@@Leafeon

Lurele smiles widely as she recognizes the Pokemon that had come to their rescue, nodding her head.  "Yeah, I want to be a Gym Leader specializing in fighting types!  That's a Mienshao, right!?"  Without waiting for confirmation, or to learn if Mienshao would mind, Lurele had moved up to the fighting type pokemon and was walking around him, feeling his arms and admiring the Pokemon.  

"Wow, he's a beautiful Pokemon...  I would love to have a chance to train one someday!  It's no wonder he was able to chase off that guy's Pokemon, the two of you must be an amazing team..."  She turns her gaze back to Stella from the Pokemon, a wide smile on her face.  In fact, anyone would probably swear that there was a sparkle to the trainer's eyes as she spoke about the fighting type.  

"Yea, it is." Stella said in response to the girl's question about Mienshao being a Mienshao. Both of them were clearly enjoying the praise. "You'd like to train one?" Stella said, thinking aloud. She then regarded her egg. "Oh! I know! Why don't you take this egg with you?" She asked, pushing the egg in front of Lurele. "I won't say what's inside, but... Well it's rather obvious."

img-2506643-2-B0Qh1XC.png

A mysterious Pokemon egg that was received by Pokemon Trainer Stella. It appears to move occasionally. It may be close to hatching.

((You don't need to take the egg, but I made a thingy for it so I wouldn't have to later.))

Edited by Leafeon

@@Leafeon,

Tiana's eyebrows shot up in curiosity.  So this Reshiram was a legendary Pokemon?  "Magnifique..."  She muttered, taking her pokedex back out to snap a quick picture of the statue and then manually enter the little bit of info Comet just gave her about Reshiram.  Maybe someday she'll be able to meet this 'Vast White' mythical creature.

"Furrr...FROUuuu...!"  This time, Sasha's growl became a snarl, which was definitely loud enough to be noticed by the two trainers.

"Sasha!"  Tiana chided, bopping her Furfrou on the snout.  "You know better than that!"  Sasha flinched and sneezed, stopping her growling but maintaining her combative eye contact with Snivy.  Tiana, noticing the tension between the two Pokemon, let loose a good-humored chuckle.  "Haha, oh my.  Looks like our Pokemon have a little rivalry going on!"  After taking a short moment to think, Tiana snapped her fingers.  "I've got it!  How 'bout we have a battle?  Let our Pokemon loosen up some."  She proposed to Comet.  This would be her first Pokemon battle in Unova, and also her first in a long time.  In fact, she can't exactly remember the last time she's had a Pokemon battle, but she figured it would be best to get used to it now before she starts challenging gyms left and right.

@@Leafeon

"But, of course," Cecil said smugly as he received his gym badge. "Though, I must say it was a worthy challenge for me, so I commend you, Cheren." He turned away from the gym leader, and picked up his sandslash. "And you, Warden. Very commendable. But..."

The sandslash looked at its trainer with what could best be described as puppy-dog eyes, or at least the best a sandslash could manage "...Sand?". Cecil set down his pokemon, "you can't say I didn't warn you, y'know." Cecil pointed at his pokemon, "Yes, from here on out, you must walk about on your own two legs!" A look of sheer shock and disappointment spread across the pokemon's face, "slash?" "Don't give me that look! You're far too heavy to balance you on my head now. And, you're too pointy for me to carry. So, it's either walk alongside me, or return to your pokeball." The sandslash shook its head vigorously, not wanting to go into its pokeball. "Then, that settles it." Cecil smiled, "now, come along, let's get you and Scout to a pokecenter." The sandslash nodded in agreement, its muscles aching.

@@Antismurf9001, @,

Before he left the gym building, however, he looked at the two trainers who spectated his match. One was Tempest, who he already met, and one was a trainer he saw on the train. Cecil briefly flashed the badge he held in his hand, and pinned it onto the inside of his shirt's collar. He intended the gesture to be one of amiable rivalry, a sort of 'catch up to me if you can' message. But he passed by them without saying a word and headed towards the pokemon center.

((I don't know how the pokemon center is supposed to work in this RP. Is it safe to assume on my next post that I had visited it and my pokemon were healed, or do we need to roleplay the process?))

Edited by Aged Rain

@@Leafeon

Lurele's eyes got wide as Stella offered her the egg, reaching out with both hands to carefully take it.  "Wait, you mean...  Seriously!?  Wh-why would you just give me this?"  As she spoke her Pokemon had walked up behind her.  Riolu had his arms crossed across his chest, trying his best to appear indifferent about what was happening...  He was actually upset that he hadn't been strong enough and that Stella and Mienshao had to rescue him, but he was trying not to let it show.  Her Torchic, on the other hand, had walked right up to Stella's Mienshao and was craning its neck back to look up at him.  "Chic?  Chic chic!"  The little fire Pokemon chirped happily, already excited to be making a new friend.  

As she looked at the Pokemon Egg and then to the Mienshao, then back to the egg, Lurele starts to smile again.  "Th...  Thank you so much, Stella!  Not only did you rescue us, but this too?  You're awesome!"  She directs her attention back to the other trainer, hugging the egg to her chest so as to be careful not to drop it.  By the look on her face, it would appear Stella had a new fan...

@@Leafeon,

Revvy simply chuckled as the Normal Pokemon charged forward. The attack obviously wouldn't- "Gast!?" the Gastly's thoughts were interrupted by a spot on hit right in his face. Locke snorted and shook his head. "Did you forget it hit you with Fury Swipes? Pay attention you dope." Revvy tried to stick his tongue out defiantly, to no real avail. Huffing and puffing, he quickly turned around, spraying acid all over the place in the direction of the Sentret.

Edited by Jolteon

Tempest shrugged. "I might as well go." He said, not waiting for the other trainer to respond. He wanted to move on and see what Pokemon he would be able to catch as soon as possible. "Come on, you two." The trainer the walked down the stands and got in his respective area

Cynder and Drago both gave cries of excitement, and stood by their trainer's side. Both Pokemon were ready for a fight, and they had a few tricks of their own.

(Blech, I apologize for the late reply.  Note: I may be somewhat inactive this weekend as well, so feel free to make this gym battle as long as you like)

@@Leafeon, @, @

Jacques was stunned by how the battle turned out.  Not necessarily that Cheren had been defeated, but by how spectacular the whole ordeal seemed.  That sandshrew had evolved mid-battle!  Was that even legal?  Well, obviously it was, but it couldn't be a common phenomenon.  Am I going to need to pull off something like that? he thought.  He hoped not, because both of his partners were likely quite far from evolving.

"Er, yes," he managed to blurt out to Cheren and the other trainer, "you go, I'm... er... I'm just here to spectate for now, if you don't mind."

• Brohoof 1

@@Leafeon,

Tiana's eyebrows shot up in curiosity.  So this Reshiram was a legendary Pokemon?  "Magnifique..."  She muttered, taking her pokedex back out to snap a quick picture of the statue and then manually enter the little bit of info Comet just gave her about Reshiram.  Maybe someday she'll be able to meet this 'Vast White' mythical creature.

"Furrr...FROUuuu...!"  This time, Sasha's growl became a snarl, which was definitely loud enough to be noticed by the two trainers.

"Sasha!"  Tiana chided, bopping her Furfrou on the snout.  "You know better than that!"  Sasha flinched and sneezed, stopping her growling but maintaining her combative eye contact with Snivy.  Tiana, noticing the tension between the two Pokemon, let loose a good-humored chuckle.  "Haha, oh my.  Looks like our Pokemon have a little rivalry going on!"  After taking a short moment to think, Tiana snapped her fingers.  "I've got it!  How 'bout we have a battle?  Let our Pokemon loosen up some."  She proposed to Comet.  This would be her first Pokemon battle in Unova, and also her first in a long time.  In fact, she can't exactly remember the last time she's had a Pokemon battle, but she figured it would be best to get used to it now before she starts challenging gyms left and right.

"Ah!" Comet began, glancing quickly around the room. "I really outta see if any other trainers come... And we certainly shouldn't battle in here..." Snivy didn't share the same thoughts, however. It bounded towards Furfrou, looking to be ready for battle. Comet sighed. "Well, fine I guess. Just be sure to not break anything... Snivy, use Growth, I think." Comet commanded her pokemon, who obliged. The girl didn't seem very confident.

@@Leafeon

"But, of course," Cecil said smugly as he received his gym badge. "Though, I must say it was a worthy challenge for me, so I commend you, Cheren." He turned away from the gym leader, and picked up his sandslash. "And you, Warden. Very commendable. But..."

The sandslash looked at its trainer with what could best be described as puppy-dog eyes, or at least the best a sandslash could manage "...Sand?". Cecil set down his pokemon, "you can't say I didn't warn you, y'know." Cecil pointed at his pokemon, "Yes, from here on out, you must walk about on your own two legs!" A look of sheer shock and disappointment spread across the pokemon's face, "slash?" "Don't give me that look! You're far too heavy to balance you on my head now. And, you're too pointy for me to carry. So, it's either walk alongside me, or return to your pokeball." The sandslash shook its head vigorously, not wanting to go into its pokeball. "Then, that settles it." Cecil smiled, "now, come along, let's get you and Scout to a pokecenter." The sandslash nodded in agreement, its muscles aching.

@@Antismurf9001, @,

Before he left the gym building, however, he looked at the two trainers who spectated his match. One was Tempest, who he already met, and one was a trainer he saw on the train. Cecil briefly flashed the badge he held in his hand, and pinned it onto the inside of his shirt's collar. He intended the gesture to be one of amiable rivalry, a sort of 'catch up to me if you can' message. But he passed by them without saying a word and headed towards the pokemon center.

((I don't know how the pokemon center is supposed to work in this RP. Is it safe to assume on my next post that I had visited it and my pokemon were healed, or do we need to roleplay the process?))

((No need to RP it. Just say you went and got your pokemon healed. That being said, I don't really have anything to say to this. x3 Sorry. I'll add that to the OP.))

@@Leafeon

Lurele's eyes got wide as Stella offered her the egg, reaching out with both hands to carefully take it.  "Wait, you mean...  Seriously!?  Wh-why would you just give me this?"  As she spoke her Pokemon had walked up behind her.  Riolu had his arms crossed across his chest, trying his best to appear indifferent about what was happening...  He was actually upset that he hadn't been strong enough and that Stella and Mienshao had to rescue him, but he was trying not to let it show.  Her Torchic, on the other hand, had walked right up to Stella's Mienshao and was craning its neck back to look up at him.  "Chic?  Chic chic!"  The little fire Pokemon chirped happily, already excited to be making a new friend.  

As she looked at the Pokemon Egg and then to the Mienshao, then back to the egg, Lurele starts to smile again.  "Th...  Thank you so much, Stella!  Not only did you rescue us, but this too?  You're awesome!"  She directs her attention back to the other trainer, hugging the egg to her chest so as to be careful not to drop it.  By the look on her face, it would appear Stella had a new fan...

"Well, it's not really like I need it anyway." Stella said, flipping another wisp of hair out of her face. Just as Mienshao was about to acknowledge Torchic, it disappeared into a red light, returned to his pokeball. "Anyways, I best be going." The girl said, turning to leave, raising one of her hands to wave at Lurele. "Don't go stumbling into dark alleyways anymore, kay?"

@@Leafeon,

Revvy simply chuckled as the Normal Pokemon charged forward. The attack obviously wouldn't- "Gast!?" the Gastly's thoughts were interrupted by a spot on hit right in his face. Locke snorted and shook his head. "Did you forget it hit you with Fury Swipes? Pay attention you dope." Revvy tried to stick his tongue out defiantly, to no real avail. Huffing and puffing, he quickly turned around, spraying acid all over the place in the direction of the Sentret.

Sentret was hit by the Acid, and shook it's head. It panted heavily, not looking like it wanted to attack, and was far too exhausted to run away.

Tempest shrugged. "I might as well go." He said, not waiting for the other trainer to respond. He wanted to move on and see what Pokemon he would be able to catch as soon as possible. "Come on, you two." The trainer the walked down the stands and got in his respective area

Cynder and Drago both gave cries of excitement, and stood by their trainer's side. Both Pokemon were ready for a fight, and they had a few tricks of their own.

(Blech, I apologize for the late reply.  Note: I may be somewhat inactive this weekend as well, so feel free to make this gym battle as long as you like)

@@Leafeon, @, @

Jacques was stunned by how the battle turned out.  Not necessarily that Cheren had been defeated, but by how spectacular the whole ordeal seemed.  That sandshrew had evolved mid-battle!  Was that even legal?  Well, obviously it was, but it couldn't be a common phenomenon.  Am I going to need to pull off something like that? he thought.  He hoped not, because both of his partners were likely quite far from evolving.

"Er, yes," he managed to blurt out to Cheren and the other trainer, "you go, I'm... er... I'm just here to spectate for now, if you don't mind."

"Alrighty, then. I suppose I'll use this first." Cheren summoned a Rufflet, who looked a little confused as to why it had been called out. "This one's a bit new, but I'm sure he'll do fine." The battlefield had apparently magically repaired since the last time it had been used, with no tunnels from the last battle about.

"This will be a 2v2 battle. The challenger may make the first move." The referee yelled. "The challenger may make the first move. Match, begin!"

Tempest smirked, as he felt a rush of adrenaline course through his body. "I guess it's time to fan the flames. Cynder, standby." He said.

Cynder growled slightly and leaped into the air. She then landed gracefully onto the battle arena.

Tempest glanced at his Pokemon, before deciding on a plan. "Use attract to distract that bird." He said, his voice remaining calm.

Cynder glanced at the Rufflet and winked, firing several hearts in the process. "Fen. Fenekin." She said, slyly.

Edited by Nightfury01

@@Leafeon,

Locke grinned widely and pumped his fist into the air. "Ah, grand! Nice work Revvy!" The shiny Gastly gave a eerily large smile in return as Locke tried fishing a Pokeball from his bag while also trying to hold Clarion and keep her away from the Pokedex in his pocket. "Clarion I just... Clair wait a sec... Clair I'm trying to- Got it! Alright Sentret, will you be the first member of my Unova team? Let's- Clarion!" Locke chucked a Pokeball at Sentret and quickly fished the tiny Phantump out of his pocket. Locke wasn't too worried about the Sentret. The only way it would break free in this state would be if it was particularly strong willed. If or when Locke did catch it, he was going to take it back to Aspertia quickly to heal it up before continuing on his journey to the next city. Hopefully there would be a gym there!

Edited by Jolteon

@@Leafeon,

"Damnit Sable you knew I wanted that Poliwag." Cilla said angrily. "You obviously didn't it want it bad enough." Sable retorted back. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna try this bad boy out in the gym." With that Sable headed back to Aspertia City leaving Cilla all alone, with the exception of Espeon, of course. 

"Bah there are other water types in Unova anyway." She said as she walked further down Route 19. Cilla soon noticed a Swablu perched on a tree looking rather lost and confused. "Swablu? Don't see many of those around this part of Unova." She said walking up to it. "Hey there little one are you lost?" Cilla asked in a gentle tone. "Would you perhaps like a berry? I found the most wonderful Sitru-" As she looked through her bag for the berry Espeon alerted Cilla to the Glameow about to attack the lone Swablu. "Not while I'm here..." Cilla said determined to protect the small cloud-like Pokemon. "Espeon, intercept that Glameow with Confusion. Get it away from the Swablu!" Espeon did as such and aimed a Confusion attack at Glameow which would cause the cat to be launched away from the tree Swablu was resting on, allowing Espeon to fight the Glameow without worrying about Swablu.

Edited by Vaporeon

@@Leafeon

Lurele nods her head happily, calling after Stella "Thank you again!"  She quickly moves out of the alley to a better lit area, taking off her pack to carefully place the Pokemon Egg inside.  After making sure it was nice and cozy with her extra clothes packed around it, she smiles and puts her pack back on before turning to stare at her Riolu and Torchic.

"...I should have asked her for directions to the Gym."  Her Riolu sighs and covers his face with his palm, glancing down at the ground.  Chuckling quietly, Lurele fishes out their Pokeballs before pointing one at each of them.  "Come on you two...  I don't want to risk someone trying to steal you again, I'm keeping you close."  Riolu opened his mouth like he was going to protest, but a flash of red light stopped him as both Pokemon were withdrawn to their respective Pokeballs.

It's going to be tough getting anywhere without Rio out to help me find it...  But I just can't risk losing him!  Sorry buddy, I'll take you back out when I know we're safe again.  Sighing sadly, Lurele turns to walk further in the wrong direction, into the Viribank Complex...  This time making sure to stay in the well-lit streets.

@@Leafeon@@Umbreon@,

Cecil stepped out of the pokecenter, and summoned his growlithe out now that it was fully healed. "Grow! Lithe! Lithe!" the pokemon barked happily, before his eye caught the sight of an unfamiliar face. "Grrrr...", Scout warned this unfamiliar pokemon, but then a familiar scent wafted past his nose. "Lithe!" the growlithe piped in recognition, and proceeded to bound towards the sandslash and lick it.

Cecil looked on in mild bemusement at his pokemon's antics, but then turned his attention towards the city exit. "Right! We're on our way now! The gym's here in Unova are for more elegant then the one's back home. Just walk in, fight, walk out. None of that silly roller-blading, rock climbing, quizzical nonsense. I must take this opportunity to claim the title of champion, that I know I deserve."

"Come along, now, you two. It's time we left this city." His pokemon both voiced their agreement. The three proceeded onto Route 19, where Cecil casually observed a trainer catch a pokemon. He took note of the other wild pokemon in the area, but wasn't interested in any of them. Further along, he noticed a girl with an espeon engaging a glameow. He dallied no longer, though, and instead proceeded to the next town, "This place sure is dull..." Cecil thought in mild annoyance, "though, I suppose the air is rather nice here. I guess it has that going for it."

The trio proceeded through Route 20, still nothing grabbing Cecil's attention. Occasionally, Scout would bark at a wild pokemon he saw, but it wasn't ever something Cecil cared to bother with.

They arrived in Viribank City with little fanfare. "This place... is disgusting," Cecil mused. He looked at his two pokemon out and about, "you two shouldn't be wandering around in a shady place like this. especially you, Scout, who know's were you might run off to." His pokemon both gave him looks of disappointment, but they acquiesced  to his point and dutifully returned to their pokeballs.

"Now then... where to?" he thought, looking about the place. He set off in a random direction, but careful to avoid any alleys.

((I hope it's alright that I skipped right past those routes, you didn't have any exciting event planned, did you?))

Edited by Aged Rain

Tempest smirked, as he felt a rush of adrenaline course through his body. "I guess it's time to fan the flames. Cynder, standby." He said.

Cynder growled slightly and leaped into the air. She then landed gracefully onto the battle arena.

Tempest glanced at his Pokemon, before deciding on a plan. "Use attract to distract that bird." He said, his voice remaining calm.

Cynder glanced at the Rufflet and winked, firing several hearts in the process. "Fen. Fenekin." She said, slyly.

"Dodge it using Aerial Ace." Cheren commanded. Rufflet flew back a bit, as to be able to avoid the hearts, then flew left at blinding speeds. Rufflet then made a u-turn while using the attack, hitting Fennekin.

@@Leafeon,

Locke grinned widely and pumped his fist into the air. "Ah, grand! Nice work Revvy!" The shiny Gastly gave a eerily large smile in return as Locke tried fishing a Pokeball from his bag while also trying to hold Clarion and keep her away from the Pokedex in his pocket. "Clarion I just... Clair wait a sec... Clair I'm trying to- Got it! Alright Sentret, will you be the first member of my Unova team? Let's- Clarion!" Locke chucked a Pokeball at Sentret and quickly fished the tiny Phantump out of his pocket. Locke wasn't too worried about the Sentret. The only way it would break free in this state would be if it was particularly strong willed. If or when Locke did catch it, he was going to take it back to Aspertia quickly to heal it up before continuing on his journey to the next city. Hopefully there would be a gym there!

The pokeball shook. One... Two... Three. The pokeball stayed shut. Sentret has been caught.

250px-161Sentret.png

Sentret! The Scout pokemon! It stands on its tail so it can see a long way. If it spots an enemy, it cries loudly to warn its kind. 

Gender: Female                  OT: Locke (Jolteon)                 Nature: Adamant/Somewhat Vain (Nature doesn't affect battle performance)

Currently Knows: Fury Swipes, Foresight, Quick Attack, and Helping Hand. Can be taught Follow Me and Slam with minimum training.

Ability: Keen Eye

@@Leafeon,

"Damnit Sable you knew I wanted that Poliwag." Cilla said angrily. "You obviously didn't it want it bad enough." Sable retorted back. "Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna try this bad boy out in the gym." With that Sable headed back to Aspertia City leaving Cilla all alone, with the exception of Espeon, of course. 

"Bah there are other water types in Unova anyway." She said as she walked further down Route 19. Cilla soon noticed a Swablu perched on a tree looking rather lost and confused. "Swablu? Don't see many of those around this part of Unova." She said walking up to it. "Hey there little one are you lost?" Cilla asked in a gentle tone. "Would you perhaps like a berry? I found the most wonderful Sitru-" As she looked through her bag for the berry Espeon alerted Cilla to the Glameow about to attack the lone Swablu. "Not while I'm here..." Cilla said determined to protect the small cloud-like Pokemon. "Espeon, intercept that Glameow with Confusion. Get it away from the Swablu!" Espeon did as such and aimed a Confusion attack at Glameow which would cause the cat to be launched away from the tree Swablu was resting on, allowing Espeon to fight the Glameow without worrying about Swablu.

The Glameow, taken by surprise, was hit by the confuse ray, and stumbled into an unseen location. Look like it'd be gone for now. Swablu, clearly unaware of the danger it had been in, cheered knowing it had been rescued.

@@Leafeon

Lurele nods her head happily, calling after Stella "Thank you again!"  She quickly moves out of the alley to a better lit area, taking off her pack to carefully place the Pokemon Egg inside.  After making sure it was nice and cozy with her extra clothes packed around it, she smiles and puts her pack back on before turning to stare at her Riolu and Torchic.

"...I should have asked her for directions to the Gym."  Her Riolu sighs and covers his face with his palm, glancing down at the ground.  Chuckling quietly, Lurele fishes out their Pokeballs before pointing one at each of them.  "Come on you two...  I don't want to risk someone trying to steal you again, I'm keeping you close."  Riolu opened his mouth like he was going to protest, but a flash of red light stopped him as both Pokemon were withdrawn to their respective Pokeballs.

It's going to be tough getting anywhere without Rio out to help me find it...  But I just can't risk losing him!  Sorry buddy, I'll take you back out when I know we're safe again.  Sighing sadly, Lurele turns to walk further in the wrong direction, into the Viribank Complex...  This time making sure to stay in the well-lit streets.

- Virbank Complex -

Virbank Complex looked no better than the rest of Virbank City. However, there were at least wild pokemon about. A Growlithe slept in the middle of a grassy patch. A Magby looked to be poking at something in the water. A Finneon could also be seen in the water, but it wasn't what Magby was poking at. A Koffing and Elekid looked to be fighting over something. A Croagunk was surveying the area. A few construction workers were about as well, but those weren't nearly as fun to catch.

@@Leafeon@@Umbreon@,

Cecil stepped out of the pokecenter, and summoned his growlithe out now that it was fully healed. "Grow! Lithe! Lithe!" the pokemon barked happily, before his eye caught the sight of an unfamiliar face. "Grrrr...", Scout warned this unfamiliar pokemon, but then a familiar scent wafted past his nose. "Lithe!" the growlithe piped in recognition, and proceeded to bound towards the sandslash and lick it.

Cecil looked on in mild bemusement at his pokemon's antics, but then turned his attention towards the city exit. "Right! We're on our way now! The gym's here in Unova are for more elegant then the one's back home. Just walk in, fight, walk out. None of that silly roller-blading, rock climbing, quizzical nonsense. I must take this opportunity to claim the title of champion, that I know I deserve."

"Come along, now, you two. It's time we left this city." His pokemon both voiced their agreement. The three proceeded onto Route 19, where Cecil casually observed a trainer catch a pokemon. He took note of the other wild pokemon in the area, but wasn't interested in any of them. Further along, he noticed a girl with an espeon engaging a glameow. He dallied no longer, though, and instead proceeded to the next town, "This place sure is dull..." Cecil thought in mild annoyance, "though, I suppose the air is rather nice here. I guess it has that going for it."

The trio proceeded through Route 20, still nothing grabbing Cecil's attention. Occasionally, Scout would bark at a wild pokemon he saw, but it wasn't ever something Cecil cared to bother with.

They arrived in Viribank City with little fanfare. "This place... is disgusting," Cecil mused. He looked at his two pokemon out and about, "you two shouldn't be wandering around in a shady place like this. especially you, Scout, who know's were you might run off to." His pokemon both gave him looks of disappointment, but they acquiesced  to his point and dutifully returned to their pokeballs.

"Now then... where to?" he thought, looking about the place. He set off in a random direction, but careful to avoid any alleys.

((I hope it's alright that I skipped right past those routes, you didn't have any exciting event planned, did you?))

((Nah, it's fine. However, you will need three pokemon to challenge your second gym.))

Cecil ended up in the Virbank Complex. There was another girl there, one with bright red hair, as well as a few construction workers. Any one of them might know where the gym was. However, the construction workers seemed busy. The girl? Not so much.

Cynder was thrown off balance by the attack, but managed to stay standing.

Tempest glanced at the Rufflet, as a new plan formed. "That bird's fast." He thought, before turning to Cynder. "Use Flame Charge followed by attract."

Cynder nodded, and ran towards the Rufflet as flames surrounded her body. She then leaped into the air and used attract when she was in front of Rufflet. It would be very hard for the bird to dodge one attack and not be hit by the other due to the close proximity.

[b]@@Leafeon[/b],

((three pokemon, eh? I think I have an idea of who I might want, then...)) 

Cecil stepped into the Viribank Complex and looked about. He figured the construction workers would know where the gym would be, but something else caught his eye. He brought out his pokedex to identify it, "a coagunk, huh?" Cecil smirked, "now that is more my style."

He saw that there was another trainer in the complex, a girl with bright red hair. "Wait, I think I've seen her before. Wasn't she late in picking up her pokedex? If I remember correctly, she had a riolu..." Cecil shook his head, resolving to deal with her only after he had caught the croagunk.

Cecil walked closer to the surveying croagunk, and summoned his sandslash. The pokemon did a flourish at its entrance, sharpening its claws against one another and exclaiming "Slash!"

"Yes, perfect, just as we had gone over. I can't just have you summoned onto the battlefield in a boring fashion, after all"

"Alright, Warden! Dig under that croagunk, and follow it up with a Crush Claw." The sandslash obeyed, and dug downwards. The concrete was tough, and had he still been a sandshrew, he might not have been able to pierce it.

@@Umbreon

((If you want this fighting type too, you'll have to fight for it!))

Edited by Aged Rain

@@Leafeon

Tiana nodded.  "Of course.  Sasha doesn't really know any super-destructive moves, anyway, so we should be fine right here."  Sasha's shoulders hunched over and she bared her fangs, waiting for her trainer to issue the first command.  Comet's Snivy was using Growth, which Tiana thinks makes a Pokemon stronger...if she was remembering correctly.

"Ok, Sasha, use Bite!"  Tiana commanded, pointing at Snivy.

Sasha bounded forward, her jaws open and aimed for Snivy's tail.  "FURrrrr!"

@@Leafeon@

((Whelp, looks like Lurele won't be challenging Roxxie either, lol.))

Looking around at the wild Pokemon, Lurele hadn't seen anything even remotely interesting to her until she'd laid her eyes on the Croagunk.  Oh!  I didn't know those showed up around here!  Let's see...  If I use Rio, a fight is guaranteed to happen...  I don't want to just battle something I want to add to my team though, it would be better if we could befriend it.  So maybe...  Yet as her hand started to reach for Torchic's Pokeball, another trainer had suddenly sent a Sandslash after the Croagunk.

"Aww..."  A look of disappointment crossed Lurele's face as her hand drops back to her side.  She shoots a glance towards the other trainer, vaguely recognizing him as one of the foreign trainers she'd seen in Asperita before she'd picked up her Pokedex, then glances away.  Technically she could have interfered and tried for the Croagunk herself...  But that would have been incredibly rude, and there had to be some kind of code for trainers to go by...  After nearly getting robbed just a short while ago, she wasn't about to go and try something that others might consider close to the same lines.

There was nothing else at the Complex she was interested in, so sighing loudly she turns to leave, not sparing the other trainer a second look.  "C'mon guys, I don't like this city...  Let's just go challenge Burgh."  Her Pokemon were still in their Pokeballs, but she liked to think they could still hear her.  "Guess we should just go try and find a boat to Castelia...  The sooner we can get away from all these other trainers the better it seems."  Walking back north, Lurele's plan was to try and find her way to the docks to book passage on a ship.  Assuming she didn't get lost on the way, at least.

Edited by Umbreon

@@Leafeon,@@Vaporeon,

Locke laughed happily at the click of the Pokeball. "Ace! We got our third member! Let's keep... Oh wait she's really hurt. And I'm not sure how far the next city is. Let's just go back to Aspertia real quick." Locke hurried back towards the city, healed up Revvy and his new Sentret, and went back onto the route, still completely oblivious to the gym there. He saw a girl on his way to the city, and when he saw her again on his way back, he gave her a short wave as he continued on to the next city. Locke had returned Revvy to his Pokeball, and had let out Sentret. She seemed slightly out of it, having just been so abruptly frightened and then captured. "I think I'm gonna call you Vera, for a somewhat complicated reason." Vera seemed to relax a bit at having a unique name to herself. Not a lot of trainers did something like that, from what she could tell. Locke smiled at this and continued walking, straight through the uninteresting Floccesy Town and onto Route 20. He didn't particularly want to catch a new Pokemon so soon, but he still made his way slowly through the Route on his way to Virbank City.