Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Seekers (Pokemon RP)

Leafeon

(edited)

Tempest shrugged slightly, and looked around at the Pokemon. None really caught his eye, so he decided to head back to town. "Well, it seems we've met our first possible rival." He said to himself. The trainer then smirked slightly. "I guess we might as well get the gym out of the way before heading to the next town."

Drago gave a growl of approval, before diving off of Tempest's shoulder and into the ground, burrowing ahead ahead.

Cynder did the same thing, and followed Tempest.

Edited by Nightfury01

Jacques was annoyed with himself.  Why hadn't he come up with a plan during what ended up being nearly a week of travel between Kalos and Unova?  Options flooded Jacques' head, nearly overwhelming him.  Should he see what was available at the local Poke Mart?  Should he find a place to stay for the night?  Should he try to meet people?  Catch pokemon?  Train his pokemon?

He groaned, then looked down to Karel.  "Any ideas?" he asked.  With an excited squeak of, "Foo!" Karel jumped and climbed up Jacques' body to perch on his shoulder, balancing on one leg as he always did.  Jacques shook his head and sighed, and began thinking of what sort of supplies he might need to pick up at the Poke Mart.  That was when the realization hit him.  In Kalos, trainers weren't allowed to purchase certain items without first proving that they had obtained a particular gym badge.  He foresaw himself potentially being away from civilization for weeks at a time in his travels, so having a stock of good supplies was important.  He didn't know whether or not the same rules applied in Unova, but even if they didn't, obtaining gym badges was a good way to make money and earn respect from others.  He would at least need to get himself a few before anyone took him seriously.  With that in mind, he came up with a plan.  He would head over to the gym now, and watch a few battles to gauge the leader's difficulty (there had to be at least a few new trainers ambitious enough to try taking them on right off the bat).  If he thought he could take them on, he would rest up and challenge them tomorrow.  Otherwise, he would train with his team until they were ready.

Karel's weight was beginning hurt his shoulder, so Jacques shooed him off.  "Come on," he said to the little pokemon, "let's go see what we're going to be up against."  With that, he went off in search of the gym.

@@,

The two arrived at the gym roughly at the same time. The leader, Cheren, was currently battling a trainer. His Lillipup had just about finished defeating the opposing trainer's Tepig. "Now, Lillipup! Use Bite!" He commanded his pokemon, leaving the opposing trainer's Tepig unable to battle, thus ending the match, which the challenger certainly didn't seem too happy about. Once he had left, only Cheren, Tempest, and Cecil remained in the gym.

"Ah. Two new challengers, I presume?" Cheren asked, recalling his Lillipup. "I'm afraid I didn't see which of you entered first, so you'll have to come to an agreement on which of you would like to challenge me first."

@@Umbreon

Vivian watched as the small 'accident' happened. She tried hard to not chuckle at the unfortunate event that was the Pokemon hitting its own trainer while training. But since both the girl - who later identified herself as Lurele Steele - and the Riolu with her seemed to already be embarrassed enough, Vivian decided to disregard it, and listened to what the clumsy trainer had to say.

"Steele..." She thought to herself, trying to relate that name to something or someone she could've met in the past. But nothing. However, upon closer inspection of the red-haired girl herself, Vivian was now certain that she had seen her around before. Surely, being from the same city; Aspertia wasn't that large of a town after all. Most of the residents knew each other somehow.

"No... I don't think we've ever personally met." Vivian spoke, bringing a hand to her chin and holding Blair with the other arm. "But I do believe I saw you around the town before. I also live here in Aspertia, and I remember that, most of the times when I came back from work with my mother in the evening, a girl and her Riolu were running around the block. I think that was you." She concluded with a small smile. "I must say, you two seem to be very hardworking... That's nice."

"Anyway, I'm Vivian. Vivian Galle. And this here is Blair, my Ralts." While the two were talking, Blair had been partaking in a staring contest with the Riolu on the other side. When the Fighting-type blinked, Blair blushed and shrunk inside Vivian's arms. He didn't look intimidating in the slightest, but the Ralts usually took a while to get comfortable around new Pokemon.

Their conversation was cut short when a loud, sharp cry came from the Snivy at the table. When Vivian turned around, she noticed that the place had already completely emptied out. She then turned back to Lurele and tilted her head towards the table with the Pokedexes, where another girl looked very impatient, if not annoyed.

"I'm assuming you're here to get a Pokedex as well?"

@@@Leafeon

Lurele smiles and jerks a thumb towards herself, holding Riolu with one arm.  At the new position her Pokemon starts to squirm until she lets go of him, the fighting type dropping to the ground in front of her.  "Yeah, that was probably us!  I've been with Rio for a long time, and we're usually training."  Her Riolu nods his head in agreement, crossing his arms.  He spares one more curious glance towards Blair, not used to seeing such a timid Pokemon, but stays quiet.

"But yeah, we're here for our Pokedex...  We're going to start traveling, we need to get stronger!  I plan on being a Gym Leader some day!"  Her Riolu nods again, glancing towards where the Snivy had called out a little before.  He reaches up to tug on Lurele's pant leg, nodding towards the Pokedexes.

Smiling, Lurele gestures towards the table.  "Nice finally meeting you, Vivian.  Shall we get our Pokedexes?"  She starts to walk towards the table, standing in front of it but a little to the side, to let Vivian get her Pokedex first.  The other girl had been in front of her in line, after all.  Instead, Lurele decided to focus on the girl with the Snivy who was handing them out.

"Hi there!  Cute Snivy.  Thanks for the Pokedexes by the way, it's really nice of you to be passing them out to everyone."

At Lurele's compliment, Snivy proudly puffed up her chest, and let out a soft cry. The girl curtsied slightly, handing the two pokedex's. "Oh, it's nothing!" The girl said, fiddling with the bow in her hair. "This kind of thing happens every month in Aspertia, and since there's no Professor here, they get the Seekers of Truth to hand out pokedexes. And I'm the leader of this particular establishment sooooo... That duty falls to me." The girl soon realized she was rambling. She curtsied yet again, avoiding eye contact somewhat. "Ah! Sorry about that. I sometimes talk too much. I hope you both have fun on your journeys..."

@@Leafeon,

"See? I knew we shouldn't have waited to get off the bus." Sable said annoyed that the line had gotten so long. "Oh please have some patenice Sable. We'll get our Pokedex soon enough." It seems Cilla was right as it wasn't long before the duo were reciving a their Pokedex. Sable simply took her Pokedex, not saying a word to the apparent Seeker girl at the desk. Cilla, however, acted polite despite the fact she didn't like the Seekers very much either. "Please excuse my sister she's uh...very excited." With that Cilla and Sable soon made it to Route 19.

After wondering around for a while Sable caught sight of a Poliwag playing by the pond. "Hello there. Seems I'm about to get a nice Poliwrath." she said taking out Umbreon's Pokeball. "Why would ever want one of those dreadful things?" Cilla says from behind. "Clearly I should catch it so it can become a cute little Politoed." Cilla's Espeon was already in a fighting position, ready for her first command. "Then I guess we'll have to see who catches it first, eh?" Sable said releasing Umbreon. "I guess we will." At that moment both trainers commanded their respective Pokemon to attack the unsuspecting Poliwag. Espeon with Swift and Umbreon with Confuse Ray.

Poliwag, unsuspecting, was hit with Espeon's Swift before Umbreon's Confuse Ray had a chance of touching it. It quickly dodged Umbreon's attack, leaving Basculin to be hit by the Ray produced by Umbreon. Now, both were angered. The two reacted to trying to hit Cillia and Sable with water gun attacks. Not Espeon and Umbreon, mind you, the girls themselves. Though certainly not fatal, getting drenched was never fun.

Jacques was annoyed with himself.  Why hadn't he come up with a plan during what ended up being nearly a week of travel between Kalos and Unova?  Options flooded Jacques' head, nearly overwhelming him.  Should he see what was available at the local Poke Mart?  Should he find a place to stay for the night?  Should he try to meet people?  Catch pokemon?  Train his pokemon?

He groaned, then looked down to Karel.  "Any ideas?" he asked.  With an excited squeak of, "Foo!" Karel jumped and climbed up Jacques' body to perch on his shoulder, balancing on one leg as he always did.  Jacques shook his head and sighed, and began thinking of what sort of supplies he might need to pick up at the Poke Mart.  That was when the realization hit him.  In Kalos, trainers weren't allowed to purchase certain items without first proving that they had obtained a particular gym badge.  He foresaw himself potentially being away from civilization for weeks at a time in his travels, so having a stock of good supplies was important.  He didn't know whether or not the same rules applied in Unova, but even if they didn't, obtaining gym badges was a good way to make money and earn respect from others.  He would at least need to get himself a few before anyone took him seriously.  With that in mind, he came up with a plan.  He would head over to the gym now, and watch a few battles to gauge the leader's difficulty (there had to be at least a few new trainers ambitious enough to try taking them on right off the bat).  If he thought he could take them on, he would rest up and challenge them tomorrow.  Otherwise, he would train with his team until they were ready.

Karel's weight was beginning hurt his shoulder, so Jacques shooed him off.  "Come on," he said to the little pokemon, "let's go see what we're going to be up against."  With that, he went off in search of the gym.

When Jacques had arrived at the gym, two other trainers were already there. The leader, Cheren, was talking to them, and didn't seem to notice Jacques walk in. There'd probably a wait.

@@Leafeon,@,

Cecil considered the situation for a moment. "Hmm, if I let Tempest go first, I could witness both how the leader battles and how Tempest does. Such information could give me an upper hand.  On the other hand, I would rather not waste more time then I need to, and I am not particularly concerned that either of them would be a challenge for me."

Cecil turned to Tempest, "I think I'd like to have a go at it first. Why don't you just stand back and perhaps learn something," he said with a smirk, and a determined gaze.

Cecil's muscles tensed, and he clenched his fist, "I haven't challenged a gym in quite a while, I almost forgot how much it could get my blood boiling."

(edited)

Tempest nodded slightly. "I don't see why not." He said. "My other Pokemon should be here shortly.

Drago popped out of the ground, and landed next to Cynder. He then crawled up Tempest's clothing, and plopped down on his trainer's shoulder.

Tempest smirked, and walked to the sidelines, with Cynder following him. "They have no idea what I'm capable of." He thought, as a strategy began to form in his head.

Edited by Nightfury01

(edited)

@@Leafeon,@,

Cecil considered the situation for a moment. "Hmm, if I let Tempest go first, I could witness both how the leader battles and how Tempest does. Such information could give me an upper hand.  On the other hand, I would rather not waste more time then I need to, and I am not particularly concerned that either of them would be a challenge for me."

Cecil turned to Tempest, "I think I'd like to have a go at it first. Why don't you just stand back and perhaps learn something," he said with a smirk, and a determined gaze.

Cecil's muscles tensed, and he clenched his fist, "I haven't challenged a gym in quite a while, I almost forgot how much it could get my blood boiling."

Tempest nodded slightly. "I don't see why not." He said. "My other Pokemon should be here shortly.

Drago popped out of the ground, and landed next to Cynder. He then crawled up Tempest's clothing, and plopped down on his trainer's shoulder.

Tempest smirked, and walked to the sidelines, with Cynder following him. "They have no idea what I'm capable of." He thought, as a strategy began to form in his head.

"Alright, that certainly makes things easy." Cheren said, tightening his tie. "I'm assuming this is your first gym battle in this region, correct? Most people who challenge me have no badges when they do so, so under that inference..." Cheren summoned his Lillipup, the same one he'd been battling with earlier. "I'll be starting with this pokemon. Please do correct me if I'm wrong."

"This will be a 2v2 battle. The challenger may make the first move." The referee spoke, also not bothering to check to see if this indeed was Cecil's first gym battle in the region. Nor getting his trainer ID. The usual formalities didn't seem to apply here, though it wasn't much of an issue, due to all the new trainers in Aspertia. "Battle, commence!"

Edited by Leafeon

(edited)

@@Leafeon,

"You are indeed correct in your assumption." Cecil said, setting Warden down from his arms. He motioned for his growlithe stay back behind him.

The sandshrew, looking up at Cecil with a quizzical look on his face, muttered "...shrew?". "Don't give me that look." Cecil said, putting a hand on his hip. "You should know by now you're my lead. Now get in there." The sandshrew gave a slight nod, "shrew!", and stepped forward to face Cheren's lillipup.

"Hmm... I know that this lillipup has bite, but it can be a safe assumption it has some sort of normal type attack. Takedown, perhaps? Whatever the case, it's going to be using a physical attack, which Warden should be able to shrug off easily enough."

"Warden, use defense curl!" Cecil ordered, and his sandshrew rolled up into a ball.

Edited by Aged Rain

@@Leafeon,

"You are indeed correct in your assumption." Cecil said, setting Warden down from his arms. He motioned for his growlithe stay back behind him.

The sandshrew, looking up at Cecil with a quizzical look on his face, muttered "...shrew?". "Don't give me that look." Cecil said, putting a hand on his hip. "You should know by now you're my lead. Now get in there." The sandshrew gave a slight nod, "shrew!", and stepped forward to face Cheren's lillipup.

"Hmm... I know that this lillipup has bite, but it can be a safe assumption it has some sort of normal type attack. Takedown, perhaps? Whatever the case, it's going to be using a physical attack, which Warden should be able to shrug off easily enough."

"Warden, use defense curl!" Cecil ordered, and his sandshrew rolled up into a ball.

"Use Work Up." Cheren commanded, as his pokemon looked to be suddenly fuming. Such a move raised Lillipup's attack and special attack by one stage each. "Now, Roar." With that order, Lillipup released an intimidating roar (or at least as intimidating as a Lillipup could get) at Sandshrew.

(edited)

@@Leafeon,

"Tsk." Cecil uttered under his breath. Warden, despite being rolled up into a ball and perfectly safe, rolled backwards out of the battle stage rather than forward. The sandshrew uncurled and looked at Cecil expectantly, mummering out a sad little "shrew...", and Cecil let out a sigh. "It's alright, Warden."

Scout eagerly jumped out of the sidelines and onto the battle field, "-lithe!". "Hmm, I think I see what he has planned here. I'll have to go on an all out offensive. Thankfully, Scout should be faster than that little-pup. I mean, just look at it's tiny little legs."

"Scout, use bi-" Cecil was about to command, but the growlithe had already jumped forward towards the enemy to bite down on it. "Hopefully that'll surprise it enough for it to flinch..."

Edited by Aged Rain

Tempest raised an eyebrow at Cheren's tactics, raising his pokemon's attack before forcing them to switch. "That could lead to his defeat." He thought to himself. The young trainer then smiled, as he scratched Cynder behind the ear, elicting a growl of content from the fox.

@@Leafeon,

"Tsk." Cecil uttered under his breath. Warden, despite being rolled up into a ball and perfectly safe, rolled backwards out of the battle stage rather than forward. The sandshrew uncurled and looked at Cecil expectantly, mummering out a sad little "shrew...", and Cecil let out a sigh. "It's alright, Warden."

Scout eagerly jumped out of the sidelines and onto the battle field, "-lithe!". "Hmm, I think I see what he has planned here. I'll have to go on an all out offensive. Thankfully, Scout should be faster than that little-pup. I mean, just look at it's tiny little legs."

"Scout, use bi-" Cecil was about to command, but the growlithe had already jumped forward towards the enemy to bite down on it. "Hopefully that'll surprise it enough for it to flinch..."

Tempest raised an eyebrow at Cheren's tactics, raising his pokemon's attack before forcing them to switch. "That could lead to his defeat." He thought to himself. The young trainer then smiled, as he scratched Cynder behind the ear, elicting a growl of content from the fox.

"Annnd... Baby Doll Eyes. And make it quick." Cheren commanded, just before Growlithe could get close enough to hit Lillipup. Baby Doll Eyes almost always hit first, being a priority move and all. Hopefully, Lillipup's big, adorable eyes would slow down Growlithe enough for Lillipup to avoid their attack. 

(edited)

@@Leafeon,

Scout was indeed caught off guard by the look the lillipup gave him. However, he was far too along in his pounce to reconsider his course of action. The growlithe continued his attack, but his hesitation would cause him to bite down less hard than he normally would.

"Hmm, well, at least now I know all of it's moves. 3-status moves, huh? I suppose the little-thing isn't quite big enough to fight head on. This could prove tricky, though, with Scout weakened and it pumped up."

Edited by Aged Rain

@@Leafeon,

Scout was indeed caught off guard by the look the lillipup gave him. However, he was far too along in his pounce to reconsider his course of action. The growlithe continued his attack, but his hesitation would cause it do cause him to bite down less hard than he normally would.

"Hmm, well, at least now I know all of it's moves. 3-status moves, huh? I suppose the little-thing isn't quite big enough to fight head on. This could prove tricky, though, with Scout weakened and it pumped up."

((Gonna be my last post before bed. These gym battles always take so long. x3))

Cheren seemed somewhat annoyed that the attack had still gone through. Lillipup wasn't the best at taking hits, after all. Lillipup let out a loud cry, before freeing itself from Growlithe's grasp, sliding backwards somewhat. "Use Bite." Cheren ordered his pokemon, who charged, head-on, at Growlithe, fangs glowing.

(edited)

@@Leafeon,

((It's alright, I was expecting it to take a while, anyways. ))

"Scout, use fire-fang!" Cecil commanded. "Lithe!" his pokemon responded, eager to have another go at the other dog-type pokemon. Scout opened his mouth wide in anticipation, baring his fangs he was so proud of. They started to glow as they were wreathed in fire.

"Fire-fang should deal more damage than his bite had done. And, with any luck, it'll burn the lillipup before its bite connects. My mentor told me that pokemon suffering from a burn were generally less effective with their physical attacks, and I'm going to need that to counter-act his pump-up." Cecil readjusted his scarf a bit, a tick he developed whenever things got exciting. "I believe in you, Scout. I know your attack should connect first. From what I've seen, your speed and reaction-time is unparalleled in your class. I can hardly imagine how you'll be once you evolve... that sheer speed, it'll be extreme."

Cecil watched in eager anticipation of the outcome of the two pokemons' clash of fangs.

Meanwhile, Warden calmly looked upon the battlefield from behind Cecil's leg. He was still a little disappointed that he was cowed out of the battle so early on, and he felt rather embarrassed by it. The sandshrew furrowed its brow, resolving to itself to make up for it.

Edited by Aged Rain

@@Leafeon,

((It's alright, I was expecting it to take a while, anyways. ))

"Scout, use fire-fang!" Cecil commanded. "Lithe!" his pokemon responded, eager to have another go at the other dog-type pokemon. Scout opened his mouth wide in anticipation, baring his fangs he was so proud of. They started to glow as they were wreathed in fire.

"Fire-fang should deal more damage than his bite had done. And, with any luck, it'll burn the lillipup before its bite connects. My mentor told me that pokemon suffering from a burn were generally less effective with their physical attacks, and I'm going to need that to counter-act his pump-up." Cecil readjusted his scarf a bit, a tick he developed whenever things got exciting. "I believe in you, Scout. I know your attack should connect first. From what I've seen, your speed and reaction-time is unparalleled in your class. I can hardly imagine how you'll be once you evolve... that sheer speed, it'll be extreme."

Cecil watched in eager anticipation of the outcome of the two pokemons' clash of fangs.

Meanwhile, Warden calmly looked upon the battlefield from behind Cecil's leg. He was still a little disappointed that he was cowed out of the battle so early on, and he felt rather embarrassed by it. The sandshrew furrowed its brow, resolving to itself to make up for it.

Growlithe was indeed faster than Lillipup, biting it first. However, Lillipup still managed to land it's bite attack as well. When the two pokemon parted, Lillipup huffed. It seemed rather tired, whether Growlithe was feeling the same way or not was anyone's guess. "Your Growlithe's speed is very impressive." Cheren noted. "However, that doesn't stop my attacks from hitting, all the same. Now, use Work Up again, Lillipup." Lillipup started fuming again, looking further upset with the situation the battle was heading. "Now Bite." Lillipup lunged at Growlithe head on once more, fangs yet again aglow.

@@Leafeon,

Scout's fangs hit their mark, but the lillipup's fangs shortly dug into him aswell. The growlithe winced a little in pain, and when the two pokemon parted, he noticeably gasped. He still had plenty of fight and energy in him, but Cecil figured 2 more hits like that and Scout would be out. "Thankfully, it doesn't seem like that lillipup will be able to stand another hit, itself."

Cheren used work-up after the engagement, and sensing an opportunity to put himself in a favorable position against Cheren's 2nd pokemon, Cecil ordered "Agility!" At that command, the growlithe perked up, and started to run around the battlefield at highspeed in erratic patterns. 

"Now, use Fire-Fang!" Cecil commanded. The growlithe sped around the lillipup, maneuvering itself to the lillipup sides, and Scout opened its mouth wide, fire fuming out.

@@Leafeon@,

Lurele smiles as she takes one of the offered Pokedexes, since the girl had handed one to both of them.  "Thanks!"  She opens it up momentarily to make sure it was working before slipping it into her pocket, her Riolu climbing up onto the table as she did to get a closer look at the Snivy.  Glancing around she noticed the building seemed to be clearing out, and since no one was in line behind them, decided it might be worth it to try and find out a little more about the Seekers.

"And don't worry about talking too much!  In fact, I'm kind of curious if you could tell me a little about the Seekers?  I mean, I grew up here in Asperita, and I still don't really understand what it is you guys do...  I'm Lurele, by the way."  Lurele smiles as she asks the question, placing one of her tape-wrapped hands on top of her Riolu's head.  The smaller Pokemon sighs and tries to move out from under her hand as she does, but she quickly pulls him back so that he wasn't walking across their table.  To be honest Lurele was eager to start her journey...  But, she could spare a few minutes to chat.  The Seeker girl seemed friendly enough after all - who knew, she might walk away from the building knowing a new friend!

@@Leafeon,

Scout's fangs hit their mark, but the lillipup's fangs shortly dug into him aswell. The growlithe winced a little in pain, and when the two pokemon parted, he noticeably gasped. He still had plenty of fight and energy in him, but Cecil figured 2 more hits like that and Scout would be out. "Thankfully, it doesn't seem like that lillipup will be able to stand another hit, itself."

Cheren used work-up after the engagement, and sensing an opportunity to put himself in a favorable position against Cheren's 2nd pokemon, Cecil ordered "Agility!" At that command, the growlithe perked up, and started to run around the battlefield at highspeed in erratic patterns. 

"Now, use Fire-Fang!" Cecil commanded. The growlithe sped around the lillipup, maneuvering itself to the lillipup sides, and Scout opened its mouth wide, fire fuming out.

Growlithe's speed - now nowhere near matched by Lillipup - easily let the pokemon dodge Lillipup's fangs, then hit it with a Fire Fang. When Lillipup was let go, it fell onto it's side.

"Lillipup is unable to battle!" Shouted the referee. Cheren returned his pokemon to it's pokeball. "Most excellent. I'm rather impressed." Cheren said, not seeming impressed at all. "Now... Aipom!" With his command, an Aipom was summoned to the field, balancing atop it's tail. "Use Work-up." Aipom looked to be fuming, just like Lillipup had.

@@Leafeon@,

Lurele smiles as she takes one of the offered Pokedexes, since the girl had handed one to both of them.  "Thanks!"  She opens it up momentarily to make sure it was working before slipping it into her pocket, her Riolu climbing up onto the table as she did to get a closer look at the Snivy.  Glancing around she noticed the building seemed to be clearing out, and since no one was in line behind them, decided it might be worth it to try and find out a little more about the Seekers.

"And don't worry about talking too much!  In fact, I'm kind of curious if you could tell me a little about the Seekers?  I mean, I grew up here in Asperita, and I still don't really understand what it is you guys do...  I'm Lurele, by the way."  Lurele smiles as she asks the question, placing one of her tape-wrapped hands on top of her Riolu's head.  The smaller Pokemon sighs and tries to move out from under her hand as she does, but she quickly pulls him back so that he wasn't walking across their table.  To be honest Lurele was eager to start her journey...  But, she could spare a few minutes to chat.  The Seeker girl seemed friendly enough after all - who knew, she might walk away from the building knowing a new friend!

"Oh. Alright!" The girl said, somewhat surprised by Lurele's words. "My name's Comet." She said, pushing away a few stray pokedexes left on the table. "Well, calling us 'The Seekers' is a bit broad. That'd include the Ideal Seekers, but we're the Truth Seekers." She said, pointing to one of the Reshiram statues. "What we wish for is a happy world where no one is bound by the shackles of lies! And we ask Reshiram to help us with this." As she spoke, Comet began to smile awkwardly, and looked somewhat nervous. "Sorry! I'm really bad at explaining this sort of thing!"

(edited)

@@Leafeon,

Scout was happily bouncing around the battlefield, "lithe! lithe! lithe!", excited by his victory over the lillipup. "Now, now, Scout, the battle isn't over yet." Cecil reprimanded, and motioned for his growlithe to return to just in front of him. When Cheren summoned his Aipom, directly across the field from his growlithe, an idea popped into Cecil's mind.

"Hmm... the gym leader keeps boosting his pokemon fighting capabilities by working them up. But... yes, yes, of course! After all, force is equivalent to mass times acceleration!" Cecil thought to himself, a determined scowl across his face.

"Scout, use Agility again, but run straight towards the aipom!" Scout's ear twitched at the oddly specific command, but heeded it any way. The growlithe bounded towards the aipom, picking up more and more speed, "Now! Put all of your weight into a Take-Down!"

Cecil's fist tensed up in eager anticipation. "I don't know if such a tactic would cause a victory here and now, but it should hit quite hard. That is- if it connects."

Warden also tensed up, and grabbed onto Cecil's leg, uttering a small "shrew...".

Edited by Aged Rain

@@Leafeon,

Upon seeing her trainer was in danger Espeon quickly used Confusion to move Cilla out of the way. Umbreon, on the other hand, was too slow to help Sable who was promptly drenched by the Water Gun attack. "Uhgg, Umbreon what gives?" Sable said quite annoyed. The dark type responded only with his equivalent of a shrug. "Whatever. Just get back to the Pokeball, this isn't your fight anyway." she said before retrieving Umbreon and switching him out for Haunter. "Ok Haunter get that Basculin out of the fight with Hypnosis." Haunter obeyed by getting closer to the fish and rotating both of his hands in a circle causing Haunter's eyes to glow red and a pulse to hit the Basculin, hopfully making it fall asleep.

This left Cilla and Espeon to deal with Poliwag. "Go for another Swift attack. We don't want to hurt the poor thing too much." she said. Espeon once again shot a stream of homing stars at Poliwag.

@@Umbreon,@@Leafeon,  

"Yeah, that was probably us!  I've been with Rio for a long time, and we're usually training."  Her Riolu nods his head in agreement, crossing his arms.  He spares one more curious glance towards Blair, not used to seeing such a timid Pokemon, but stays quiet. "But yeah, we're here for our Pokedex...  We're going to start traveling, we need to get stronger!  I plan on being a Gym Leader some day!" 

Vivian suddenly became quiet for a few seconds, staring blankly at Lurele with a somewhat amazed look on her face. "Becoming a Gym Leader, you say?..." She slightly lowers her head, but soon looks back up - now with a joyous, warm smile present - at the energetic girl in front of her. "That's nice! Creating goals for yourself with such confidence... That's really nice." Vivian concluded, giving the slight impression as if she was trying to hide something.

"Nice finally meeting you, Vivian.  Shall we get our Pokedexes?" 

"Oh, um..." She snapped out from her thoughts. "Yes! We'd better get going."

Once they approached the table where the Pokedexes were, Vivian picked up one of them before Lurele took the other. In order to try out the device and see how it works, she put Blair down on the table, where she would hopefully be interacting with and getting to know the Snivy and the Riolu that were there. As she silently skimmed through the Pokedex, she overheard the conversation between Lurele and the Snivy's owner: Comet. Nothing in particular drew her attention, except for the part where the Seeker girl mentioned Reshiram as their guide to happiness. For Vivian, it meant nothing but a reminder of the tragic nonstop-growing worship of the two legendary Pokemon that ruled Unova, which resulted into two opposite religious ideals that divided the region. After a small sigh, she resumed her silence, as she carefully planned her next steps as a Pokemon trainer.

Something about that girl, Lurele Steele, kept Vivian wondering. They both wanted to do the same with their lives: to grow stronger, to achieve success and make their dreams come true. Vivian thought of that, not precisely as an opportunity to work together and make new friends, but rather as a challenge. She saw in Lurele, not precisely a partner, but rather someone to overcome. She would become stronger, without a shadow of a doubt. And no one would - no one could prove her wrong.

"So... Lurele." Vivian finally broke her silence and approached the girl. "If you don't mind me asking... What are you planning to do now? Where are you headed to?"

(( OOC: Rivalry, maybe?~))

(edited)

@,@@Leafeon,  

Lurele smiles and nods at Comet, a happy look on her face.  "Oh, umm, that's okay.  Thank you for the information Comet!  Maybe I'll see you again sometime!"  She turns back towards Vivian and grins, jerking a thumb towards herself.  "Oh, I'm heading out immediately!  Unova has more than eight gyms, so we're not going to waste any more time around here...  I'm going to aim for Virbank and challenge Roxxie."

As she was speaking, her Riolu was standing near her on the table, looking at the other Pokemon with his arms crossed.  He had recovered from his embarrassment at his earlier slip-up and was back in his serious, protective mode.  He stayed quiet, just watching the Ralts and Snivy like he was trying to assess them.  At least he was until Lurele abruptly picked him up!  Riolu starts to squirm at first, before Lurele sets him down on the ground next to her.  

With a wide grin, Lurele was already starting to walk towards the door.  She waved back at Vivian and Comet happily, calling out "Good luck Vivian - Hopefully I'll run into ya during our travels!"  She meant it too - she sort of liked Vivian!  She gave Lurele the impression that she was going to be a great trainer...  Definitely one to keep an eye out for!  Riolu chased after his trainer, and abruptly Lurele was back outside.

Smiling down at her Pokemon, Lurele pumped one of her fists in front of her.  "Alright Rio!  Let's go!  First step on our journey, we're taking it at a running start!"  "Olu!"  Lurele quickly turned and raced right out of town, Riolu running right behind her as they ran towards Route 19.  She hardly slowed as she passed the other trainers on the Route - she didn't really recognize any of them, and she was ready to go!  Lurele raced straight towards Floccesy Town.  She was finally off, and in the right direction!

((OOC@Driz:  Sounds good to me!  Rivals don't normally travel together though, figured was a good idea to split off early ;) ))

Edited by Umbreon

(edited)

Jacques passed by what looked like a very disappointed trainer who was leaving the town's gym.  Clearly, this was not Unova's latest gym victor.  When he made it to the room with the gym leader, he saw that there were already two other trainers, one who looked about to ready to fight and the other waiting patiently on the sidelines.  He vaguely recognized them as some of the other trainers who had just obtained their pokedexes.  Perfect! he thought as he smiled to himself.  This way, I'll really get to study this guy's strategy.  The battle was already underway when he took a seat on the sidelines.  Then he pulled out Mara's poke ball and released her.  "Figured that you'd want to watch," Jacques said to her.  "We'll be taking this guy on pretty soon, maybe even tomorrow."  Emotions of approval were projected to Jacques before Mara began to concentrate intensely on the battle.  He would have wanted Karel to watch too, but there was no chance of getting the Mienfoo to stay still long enough.

Every time Cheren's Lillipup bit the opposing pokemon, Mara would flinch as though she were on the receiving end.  Don't worry, Jacques thought, knowing that the Kadabra would be able to sense his thoughts, I wouldn't have you going up against that unless I had to.  That was a great relief to Mara, and she visibly relaxed.

The battle was certainly heating up.  It appeared that the trainer had the advantage at the moment, but he wasn't sure what else Cheren might have up his sleeve...

Edited by Antismurf9001

(edited)

Tempest noticed that another trainer had entered the gym, and smirked. "Hey. If you're here to challenge the gym leader, then you'll have to wait." He said, smirking slightly. "Anyway, who're you?" The trainer then noticed that the new arrival had a kadabra. "You wouldn't happen to be from Kanto, would you?"

Cynder glanced at the Kadabra, and tilted her head in curiosity.

Edited by Nightfury01

(edited)

@@Leafeon,

Scout was happily bouncing around the battlefield, "lithe! lithe! lithe!", excited by his victory over the lillipup. "Now, now, Scout, the battle isn't over yet." Cecil reprimanded, and motioned for his growlithe to return to just in front of him. When Cheren summoned his Aipom, directly across the field from his growlithe, an idea popped into Cecil's mind.

"Hmm... the gym leader keeps boosting his pokemon fighting capabilities by working them up. But... yes, yes, of course! After all, force is equivalent to mass times acceleration!" Cecil thought to himself, a determined scowl across his face.

"Scout, use Agility again, but run straight towards the aipom!" Scout's ear twitched at the oddly specific command, but heeded it any way. The growlithe bounded towards the aipom, picking up more and more speed, "Now! Put all of your weight into a Take-Down!"

Cecil's fist tensed up in eager anticipation. "I don't know if such a tactic would cause a victory here and now, but it should hit quite hard. That is- if it connects."

Warden also tensed up, and grabbed onto Cecil's leg, uttering a small "shrew...".

Jacques passed by what looked like a very disappointed trainer who was leaving the town's gym.  Clearly, this was not Unova's latest gym victor.  When he made it to the room with the gym leader, he saw that there were already two other trainers, one who looked about to ready to fight and the other waiting patiently on the sidelines.  He vaguely recognized them as some of the other trainers who had just obtained their pokedexes.  Perfect! he thought as he smiled to himself.  This way, I'll really get to study this guy's strategy.  The battle was already underway when he took a seat on the sidelines.  Then he pulled out Mara's poke ball and released her.  "Figured that you'd want to watch," Jacques said to her.  "We'll be taking this guy on pretty soon, maybe even tomorrow."  Emotions of approval were projected to Jacques before Mara began to concentrate intensely on the battle.  He would have wanted Karel to watch too, but there was no chance of getting the Mienfoo to stay still long enough.

Every time Cheren's Lillipup bit the opposing pokemon, Mara would flinch as though she were on the receiving end.  Don't worry, Jacques thought, knowing that the Kadabra would be able to sense his thoughts, I wouldn't have you going up against that unless I had to.  That was a great relief to Mara, and she visibly relaxed.

The battle was certainly heating up.  It appeared that the trainer had the advantage at the moment, but he wasn't sure what else Cheren might have up his sleeve...

Tempest noticed that another trainer had entered the gym, and smirked. "Hey. If you're here to challenge the gym leader, then you'll have to wait." He said, smirking slightly. "Anyway, who're you?" The trainer then noticed that the new arrival had a kadabra. "You wouldn't happen to be from Kanto, would you?"

Cynder glanced at the Kadabra, and tilted her head in curiosity.

"Use Dig, Aipom!" Cheren commanded his pokemon, who quickly disappeared into a small hole. Aipom's size was much smaller than Growlithe, meaning Scout couldn't follow. Once Aipom reappeared, she was behind Scout. "Alright. Swift!" With that order, Aipom fired a barrage of stars at Growlithe. A move that was unavoidable.

@@Leafeon,

Upon seeing her trainer was in danger Espeon quickly used Confusion to move Cilla out of the way. Umbreon, on the other hand, was too slow to help Sable who was promptly drenched by the Water Gun attack. "Uhgg, Umbreon what gives?" Sable said quite annoyed. The dark type responded only with his equivalent of a shrug. "Whatever. Just get back to the Pokeball, this isn't your fight anyway." she said before retrieving Umbreon and switching him out for Haunter. "Ok Haunter get that Basculin out of the fight with Hypnosis." Haunter obeyed by getting closer to the fish and rotating both of his hands in a circle causing Haunter's eyes to glow red and a pulse to hit the Basculin, hopfully making it fall asleep.

This left Cilla and Espeon to deal with Poliwag. "Go for another Swift attack. We don't want to hurt the poor thing too much." she said. Espeon once again shot a stream of homing stars at Poliwag.

Hypnosis easily hit Basculin, causing him to sink to the bottom of the water. Though it wasn't exactly deep, this made Poliwag rather scared. Not so much for Basculin's safety, as water types didn't exactly drown, but rather for the fact she was now all alone. Poliwag's worried state left her vulnerable, causing her to be hit by Espeon's swift. Crying out loudly, she fired another Water Gun. This time, at Espeon.

@@Umbreon,@@Leafeon,  

Vivian suddenly became quiet for a few seconds, staring blankly at Lurele with a somewhat amazed look on her face. "Becoming a Gym Leader, you say?..." She slightly lowers her head, but soon looks back up - now with a joyous, warm smile present - at the energetic girl in front of her. "That's nice! Creating goals for yourself with such confidence... That's really nice." Vivian concluded, giving the slight impression as if she was trying to hide something.

"Oh, um..." She snapped out from her thoughts. "Yes! We'd better get going."

Once they approached the table where the Pokedexes were, Vivian picked up one of them before Lurele took the other. In order to try out the device and see how it works, she put Blair down on the table, where she would hopefully be interacting with and getting to know the Snivy and the Riolu that were there. As she silently skimmed through the Pokedex, she overheard the conversation between Lurele and the Snivy's owner: Comet. Nothing in particular drew her attention, except for the part where the Seeker girl mentioned Reshiram as their guide to happiness. For Vivian, it meant nothing but a reminder of the tragic nonstop-growing worship of the two legendary Pokemon that ruled Unova, which resulted into two opposite religious ideals that divided the region. After a small sigh, she resumed her silence, as she carefully planned her next steps as a Pokemon trainer.

Something about that girl, Lurele Steele, kept Vivian wondering. They both wanted to do the same with their lives: to grow stronger, to achieve success and make their dreams come true. Vivian thought of that, not precisely as an opportunity to work together and make new friends, but rather as a challenge. She saw in Lurele, not precisely a partner, but rather someone to overcome. She would become stronger, without a shadow of a doubt. And no one would - no one could prove her wrong.

"So... Lurele." Vivian finally broke her silence and approached the girl. "If you don't mind me asking... What are you planning to do now? Where are you headed to?"

(( OOC: Rivalry, maybe?~))

@,@@Leafeon,  

Lurele smiles and nods at Comet, a happy look on her face.  "Oh, umm, that's okay.  Thank you for the information Comet!  Maybe I'll see you again sometime!"  She turns back towards Vivian and grins, jerking a thumb towards herself.  "Oh, I'm heading out immediately!  Unova has more than eight gyms, so we're not going to waste any more time around here...  I'm going to aim for Virbank and challenge Roxxie."

As she was speaking, her Riolu was standing near her on the table, looking at the other Pokemon with his arms crossed.  He had recovered from his embarrassment at his earlier slip-up and was back in his serious, protective mode.  He stayed quiet, just watching the Ralts and Snivy like he was trying to assess them.  At least he was until Lurele abruptly picked him up!  Riolu starts to squirm at first, before Lurele sets him down on the ground next to her.  

With a wide grin, Lurele was already starting to walk towards the door.  She waved back at Vivian and Comet happily, calling out "Good luck Vivian - Hopefully I'll run into ya during our travels!"  She meant it too - she sort of liked Vivian!  She gave Lurele the impression that she was going to be a great trainer...  Definitely one to keep an eye out for!  Riolu chased after his trainer, and abruptly Lurele was back outside.

Smiling down at her Pokemon, Lurele pumped one of her fists in front of her.  "Alright Rio!  Let's go!  First step on our journey, we're taking it at a running start!"  "Olu!"  Lurele quickly turned and raced right out of town, Riolu running right behind her as they ran towards Route 19.  She hardly slowed as she passed the other trainers on the Route - she didn't really recognize any of them, and she was ready to go!  Lurele raced straight towards Floccesy Town.  She was finally off, and in the right direction!

((OOC@Driz:  Sounds good to me!  Rivals don't normally travel together though, figured was a good idea to split off early ;) ))

- Floccesy Town -

Floccesy Town was rather barren. Next to no buildings were around. The only two places of note were what looked to be an odd looking house, and a Seekers building which looked near identical to the previous one. The only wild pokemon about was a Lillipup, who had probably wandered in from a different route.

((I'll do the next route's description here as well. Floccesy is boring.))

- Route 20 -

Route 20 was much more lively than the town before it. A Sewaddle and Sunkern played together under a formidable oak tree, where a Pidgey was sleeping. A flock of Wingull flew overhead. An Azurill poked an odd tree. A Venipede could be seen, seeming rather angry.

Edited by Leafeon