movies/tv Does anyone remember Digimon?

Rarity Paige Belle

The show was always better than Pokemon's. Cause it actually focused on adventure, and character conflict and development.

Both shows had an awful, awful knack for puns, though. You can blame 4kids and Saban for that.

I remember recording as many episodes of the first season as I could, and I had a beta back then, so I was able to fit a lot. Also, the Japanese themes>all, especially Brave Heart :D

I remember recording as many episodes of the first season as I could, and I had a beta back then, so I was able to fit a lot. Also, the Japanese themes>all, especially Brave Heart :D

Nah, man, Slash! from Tamers was way better than Brave Heart, though Brave Heart was good in its own way.

Then again, I absolutely adore Tamers, so I must admit I am biased.

"Remember" Digimon as if they ever stopped being relevant. :lol:

I think there are still Digimon shows going on, aren't there?

I really wish Frontier (season 4) would go on DVD so I can buy it and love it as much as I did when I watched it on TV.

Still need to get the Digimon World games too. The PS1 ones as well as Digimon World Dawn or Dusk. Probably Dusk cuz my brother has Dawn already and I've played that.

I loved Digimon Rumble Arena on PS1. I never got to try the sequel.

The only part of Digimon I never got into was the card game, and only cuz I never had a start pack that would explain the game's rules back when it was still a thing. I'd jump on it if I had the money to get a starter deck or three now.

• Brohoof 1

I still can't believe that's still around, to be honest.

I've dabbled in and out of it, but I constantly get Pokemon vibes from it, and it makes me just wanna play that again.

No. Digimon as an existing entity, has been wiped from every single living person's mind. Only the dead remember.

Seriously, though. Digimon is awesome. Can't say I like it more than Pokemon, but it was certainly amazing, and people who complain about one being a clone of the other are just blind and ignorantly defending their preferences.

Yeah!!! that was my favorite show when I was a kid, I watched the first three seasons, but then I stopped watching it for some reason. I always thought the Digimon show was better than the Pokemon show, although I loved the Pokemon show as well. The Pokemon games were better than anything Digimon-related though.

• Brohoof 1

Now that theme is stuck in my head again. I always really liked Digimon, but I haven't seen it in such a long while I don't remember all that much. I remember thinking the Digimon show was a lot better than the Pokémon one. I should look it up and watch it again.

I love Digimon (ya know you can watch both the English and Japanese dubs on Netflix bty ), it was a big part of my childhood and honestly was kind of a preparation of sort to MLP in an odd way. Subtract all the big fights and you have a group of friends trying to overcome evil with an item representing a virtue the character is associated, which parallels quite nicely with FiM in my mind.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah!!! that was my favorite show when I was a kid, I watched the first three seasons, but then I stopped watching it for some reason. I always thought the Digimon show was better than the Pokemon show, although I loved the Pokemon show as well. The Pokemon games were better than anything Digimon-related though.

Personally I never liked the Pokemon games after Gold and Silver. Too slow-paced for my taste and no real flair to keep me coming back in spite of that.

I've pretty much always been a Digimon > Pokemon guy but Pokemon is so much more readily available than just about anything Digimon.

Digimon show is better than the Pokemon one, but the Pokemon games are better

Also, how has this not happened yet?

Catchy song is catchy but I always preferred the Frontier opening.

• Brohoof 1

Always preferred the original. But hey, each to their own

I always thought the Frontier opening had much more emotion and meaning to it. It fit the series much better.

Mmm, maybe. I had kinda got bored of watching it by then though.

Well, there was another reason why frontier isn't nearly as popular as the first 3 seasons.

It suffered the misfortune of being the season when rights and broadcasting of the series was in a state of limbo, and thus did not enjoy the same billing as the first three did. So not only did people lose interest in the series from general fatigue, fans and newcomers who otherwise would've watched it were not actually capable of following along with the confusion.

Though, I agree with Discordian, frontier's theme is way better.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I re-watched loads of series from my childhood a few months ago, So I brought the PS1 game to give a try, It wasn't as good as Pokemon but still a fun game.

I remember Digimon! :D

I remember seeing the movie in theaters as a kid. I remember watching both the original series, and the Frontier one as well. I also played Digimon games on the Digimon website all the time as a kid too.

Man, this getting nostalgic. I may have to rewatch the original digimon on netflix.

I definitely remember Digimon.

I enjoyed the series more than Pokemon, but I guess both are different. I watched the show on Fox Kids. I believe the first two seasons are the best.