Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP CCG - Expensive?

dgtimezone

Hey!

Recently I wanted to get into the CCG because it looked interesting, but it looks really expensive to get a good deck. I was looking around ebay and amazon (along with a few comic sites) and to get a good deck together seems expensive. Now, I know winning isn't everything, but there are some tournaments in my area that'd I'd like to at least be competitive in. It just seems like I'll have to spend a lot if people are getting cards like this or this.

I myself too play ccg and have spent about $30 on whichever is still a poor deck.

People can definitely stupid especially when several people are willing to scarf up hundreds of dollars for a foil nightmare moon.

In my opinion it can be expensive but it depends on how much you play.

Only play like once every year for a tournament? Waste of money.

Always playing with your friends? Go ahead, spend money.

A CCG being expensive to compete in? Now that's a shocker.

But, nah, really, that's the standard for any sort of game focused on collectibles. People who are really into the competitive scenes of Magic/Yu-gi-oh/Pokemon/etc. pretty much spend most of their expendable cash on it.

• Brohoof 1

You think those are expensive? Check out this one from MTG! This it the most expensive single-card I've ever seen--and for good reason! It's ridiculously powerful with the right hand!

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Gathering-Black-Lotus-Unlimited/dp/B005OVFVXG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1398106176&sr=8-4&keywords=black+lotus

Over the years, I've probably spent $800 on MTG cards. I kind of got addicted late in high school Now I've got thousands of cards that just sit around, but have about 1000 that are in constructed decks for different gaming styles and formats.

Amazon has MLP decks for ~$10, but new MTG decks run at about ~$15, though they've started including boosters as well so, that's been nice.