Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it just me? Or...

DDV

Is it just me that's unsettled by anthropomorphic and furry artworks? I have nothing on the furry fandom and those who draw anthro, it just unnerves me when I see those kind of artworks.

Edited by DDV
  • Brohoof 3

@@DDV

I get, and understand the furry anthros, and in some cases (if the artist is good) I will have positive opinions of their art styles. (And I do mean the SFW ones, they are cute in most cases.)

Pony anthros just look awkward to me. I like either...human ponies...or ponies. :P

• Brohoof 2

I'm guessing you didn't watch that many Disney movies in your childhood.

I've watched most Disney movies already, up to and including Tron Legacy, if you can call it a Disney movie. I don't see how that's relevant to the discussion, though.

Why is there so much furry talk lately..........GUYS I THINK WE ARE BEING INVADED QUICK GET YOUR TIN FOIL HATS AND NEVER LEAVE YOUR HOUSE!

But being a kid who grew up watching disney movies and playing Star Fox it doesn't really bother me. 

• Brohoof 2

I've watched most Disney movies already, up to and including Tron Legacy, if you can call it a Disney movie. I don't see how that's relevant to the discussion, though.

I'm implying that there are tons of anthropomorphic animals in Disney movies, and being exposed to such characters in your childhood would have given you a different view.

(edited)

I'm implying that there are tons of anthropomorphic animals in Disney movies, and being exposed to such characters in your childhood would have given you a different view.

I saw them as talking animals. I'll check out more Disney movies, though and try to see anything inherently anthropomorphic. Actually, I think it's more of my xenophobia rather than anything else.

Edited by DDV

I saw them as talking animals. I'll check out more Disney movies, though and try to see anything inherently anthromorphic. Actually, I think it's more of my xenophobia rather than anything else.

I think you might need to brush up on your definition (and spelling) of anthropomorphic.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nah, I just need to use the edit button. I hate my big fingers.

Actually, I do. Be right back, consulting dictionary

Edited by DDV

As i mentioned in the OTHER furry post. I like furries, but it depends.

In no offense to others, I just don't like the "dirty" pics really. Its just not me. yo?

I don't find animals morphed into a human nude "sexy". But, I do like the regular artwork, Like cute or just pretty cool. Its just me.

While I do not hate anthro drawings of mlp characters, I do not enjoy them either. I mean, hasbro already has a half pony/human thing, why dilute the amazing that is the equine form any further?

And antro ponies remind me of Xenos, and we must not spare the xenos to live.

I have to agree with you here. It's rather unsettling to see a "Pony" with a human body, having hands but still hooves as feet and a pony-esque face.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, furry art kind of weirds me outs me too, especially the pony ones.

When I saw them in Equestria Girls, this was me:

Jerry-seinfeld-done-best-gif.gif

Is no good. x)

Edited by Dattebayo
  • Brohoof 1

I actually quite like it. :D Especially Ratchet from Ratchet & Clank. Although I can see why it can be quite unsettling for some people. I guess you can't please everyone. :)

I'm guessing you didn't watch that many Disney movies in your childhood.

What does that have to do with the furry fandom?

Is it just me that's unsettled by anthropomorphic and furry artworks? I have nothing on the furry fandom and those who draw anthro, it just unnerves me when I see those kind of artworks.

Then don't look at them, a good portion of us prefer anthropomorphic animals and starting a thread stating it unnerves you only causes controversy.

Actually, I do. Be right back, consulting dictionary

Anthropomorphic, at its base, means to give something that is not human human characteristics. Like making animals talk.

As a furry myself, I really do enjoy looking over the different art styles (SFW please! Not a big fan of the NSFW :blink:) and just like bronies, everyone normally has their own character designs and its great to see the different patterns and coloration's for different species, not to mention the hybrid designs as well.

Otherwise, if you don't like it, just don't look at it.

• Brohoof 1

What does that have to do with the furry fandom?

Because a lot of older Furries (like me) got there through films like Disney's Robin Hood and others.

Plus, technically any talking animal counts by many definitions and Disney's chock full of those. The idea that furries are always *exactly* half human/half animal is a more recent definition.

Mind you, I basically dropped out of sight from the furry fandom back in 2001, so I have little to no idea what the current state of it is. Hrmmmm... I still have an entry on WikiFur it seems, and the Yerf archives still has my awful drawings. Odd.

• Brohoof 1

I will say though that Mrs. Brisby is best mouse.

She's anthropomorphic in the sense that she can talk and stuff, but still is primarily animal.

Human bodies covered in fur with animal faces and tails are the ones that bug me.

Edited by Dattebayo