Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is Vinyl Scratch associated with dubstep?

Vinyl Scratch.

EDIT:This is going of strictly canon evidence

Okay lets get a few thing's straight, first of all, Vinyl scratch is a "DJ" not a music producer which everyone appears to think. 

Now I don't know about you but I don't know many DJ's that get hired to mix dubstep. Sure, there might be a few out there but they're not common. 99% of DJ's will mix "dance music" not dubstep. And please don't tell me that there are people out there who think dubstep is dance music, because I really don't want to have to slap a bitch.

So, Most DJ's mix dance music. So it's easy to assume that Vinyl would be the same. I don't know where this dubstep stuff came from, but it doesn't really make much sense to me.

And the thing that pisses me of the most!

DJ's and Music Producers are not the same thing!

Everyone who think's that she is a Music Producer.

Music Producers don't turn up at clubs and parties with a set of turntables and a mixer! And as you should remember from that one episode where at the end all the posh ponies and the mane 6 are partying and Vinyl is there. She is standing behind a set of turntables! And in the newer episode where they try and teach rainbow dash stuff and pinkie does the rap. Again, Vinyl is standing behind Turntables!

Also the name DJ-Pon3 kind gives the fact that she's a DJ away too.

So to sum it up: (Skip to here if you're lazy)

>Vinyl is a DJ not a Music producer

>DJ's will (99% of the time) be mixing dance music

>Dubstep is not dance music

>Therefore Vinyl + Dubstep = No logic

Okay, that's my rant over :P

Peace out

Edited by Vinyl Scratch.
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

What about Skrillex? He does dubstep and his music is dance-floor oriented.

Yeah but alot of his stuff more drives towards electro even though its labled as dubstep

Edited by Vinyl Scratch.

So I know a lot of people consider Skrillex as electronica, not specifically Dubstep. People like Mitis and Tut Tut Child are considered Dubstep artists. Their music uses dance beats as a base, so Dubstep does have a connection with danceable beats.

• Brohoof 1

Fan Service.

Canon.

You're argument's invalid.

This happened because of the fan base and still have no logical reasoning behind it

@,

I still stand by the fact that when you go to a club, you will hear mostly House music and not people flopping about to dubstep 

This happened because of the fan base and still have no logical reasoning behind it

@,

I still stand by the fact that when you go to a club, you will hear mostly House music and not people flopping about to dubstep 

That is true what you say about the clubs, but honestly, what you here most are just remixes of popular mainstream songs, which drives people to those clubs. Personally, I would rather hit up a rave or a paint party where it's more heavy than it's more customer based cousin.

Electronic dance music.

Sub-Genres-of-EDM-1024x766.jpg

Dubstep is also EDM so it's one of the dance music sub-genres.

Anyway, it's mostly because she's a DJ and dubstep is probably one of the most known genres of electronic music. Also with all the "Drop the bass" jokes, so it's not strange she is associated with dubstep. I think it's mostly because of the whole bass cannon thing. Besides as a DJ she would be mixing genres so dubstep could be mixed with something else. The drop or build up and etc. Also DJ's mix what they want so it's not limited. I think it's also just her rave appearance, dubstep and raves. So yeah I think it's mostly just because it's one of the most known genres.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 1

@@Vinyl Scratch., you expect logic while your own logic is invalid. You assume that Vinyl Scratch could have only one of these jobs: that she's either a DJ, or a music producer. That is, you use it as if it were an exclusive or, while it might rather be the plain or where both options can be valid at the same time (they don't have to be both true, but it is allowed). It's like saying that Vinyl Scratch cannot live with Octavia because she's a DJ: one doesn't necessarily exclude the other.

As to the main question (why DJ PON-3[1] is associated with Dubstep in particular): I think this is simply that popular things attract each other. Ponies are popular. DJs are popular. Dubstep is currently popular in the mainstream. So it is quite natural to guess that people liking ponies (one of the popular things) who also like Dubstep (another popular thing) will once mix these two. The same goes with ponies and fedoras, ponies and moustaches, ponies and steampunk, ponies and popular video games etc.

---

[1] DJ PON-3 is Vinyl Scratch's artistic pseudonym. Vinyl Scratch is her real name ;)

a_glasses_makes_the_difernce_by_coltstee

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...