Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

toonbat

With IDW already having done a whole story focusing on a background pony, namely Big Mac, do you have any hopes that they might do something similar for another background character?  If so, which would be your three favorite picks?  I include my own:

Zecora:  She really deserves to step out of her plot device status and have a real conflict of her own for the story to focus on.

Derpy Hooves:  The comics have shown that they embrace fan headcanons moreso than the series itself ever could, so it'd be interesting to see what sort of story they might do with her.

Doctor Stable:  I've already mentioned at every opportunity that I feel he's the best background pony in the show, being smarmy and cynical while being kind as well, and he has so many cool side characters to work with, like Nursery Rhyme and Screw Loose.

Derpy, of course...

Maud, if they ever decide to delve into that.

And Zecora. They have great potential with her, especially because she was good in Zen and The Art of Gazeebo Repair.

Derpy, of course...

Maud, if they ever decide to delve into that.

And Zecora. They have great potential with her, especially because she was good in Zen and The Art of Gazeebo Repair.

As much as I would adore a Maud issue, I didn't place her higher on my own list because she already had a whole episode about herself, which is something almost no other background character can boast.

As much as I would adore a Maud issue, I didn't place her higher on my own list because she already had a whole episode about herself, which is something almost no other background character can boast.

You can never have enough Maud :wub: Edited by Dattebayo

A background character is one that stays in the background.  Big Mac, Zecora, and Dr. Stable are not background characters.  They are secondary characters.

Vinyl Scratch

img-2571317-1-vinyl_scratch_by_alexsvar-

Thunderlane

img-2571317-2-FANMADE_Thunderlane_Happy.

Actually, Thunderlane is a secondary character too.

Regarding secondary vs background characters, point taken.

I'd love a Vinyl Scratch comic!  They already gave Octavia a few lines of dialogue on the Big Mac comic, but I don't think they've done anything that interesting with Scratch yet.  We can only hope.  Thunderlane?   He's pretty cool, but he's gonna have his work cut out for him if he wants to make it to the top of my list.  Too many awesome characters for him to compete against.

Probably Derpy. We don't know the true reason whats wrong with her eyes and I want a story focused around her.

Nice!  You know, seeing as how the comics have already addressed her by name (kinda), had her work as a mailmare, shown her obsession with muffins, and even had her have a conversation with Doctor Whooves (sorta), it looks like they've hit upon every popular fan theory about her... except one.  I'd die of happiness if a Derpy comic depicted her as being motherly to Dinky.

IDW is already using Zecora with Fluttershy in an upcoming 'Friends Forever' storyline;

Zecora and Fluttershy?  I'm already looking forward to the shipfics!

IDW will probably make a comic book series or a comic book centered around Derpy's shenanigans. :lol:

Seriously?  Is that just your suspicion, or did you hear that from somewhere?