Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which of the mane six would make the worst mom?

toonbat

I think Rarity. I believe the others would adapt, like most moms do before they become moms. However, there's a hint that Rarity can't stand children in Baby Cakes, where she was the only person who didn't have an excuse for not helping, she just said "no no no" or something of the sort.

Well, to say they would be the worse mom is probably a bit harsh. That's essentially implying that they would be terrible mothers in general, and I am not convinced of that. Sure, some would probably make better mothers than others, but that isn't knocking the other members of the Mane 6.

As such, I'd say that one of Rainbow Dash or Rarity would be on the lower end of the scale as I think they would be much more career-focused and probably not have the time real properly dedicate to raising a foal. They could do it, I believe, but it'd be difficult.

• 4 weeks later...

Gonna go ahead and say Rarity. Of the Mane Six, Rarity was the only one who refused to babysit the Cakes simply because she didn't want any part of it. The others all had legit excuses but would have happily done so if they had been free. I think if anything, she would find raising a child to be much more challenging than the others would. Green Isn't Your Color seemed to make a point of showing Fluttershy's competence with kids in contrast to Rarity's difficulty with them.

Fluttershy is naturally very nurturing, and we've seen her handle the Crusaders exceptionally well. Pinkie Pie had her fair share of issues with the Cake babies, but she's gotten much better and has proven herself responsible as well. Applejack is essentially Apple Bloom's surrogate mother, given how strict, protective, and caring she is with her. Twilight appears to be gifted with children also, and while I wouldn't say Rainbow Dash is the most capable or qualified to be a mother, I do think she at least knows how to connect with kids and bond with them in a meaningful way because she herself is still very young in spirit. In other words, the "cool mom." B)

Top tier: Fluttershy and Applejack

Mid tier: Twilight and Pinkie Pie

Low tier: Rainbow Dash and Rarity

Its a toss up really,

Between Twilight and Fluttershy.

Maternal need, and the desire to teach, coupled with a big heart and eagerness, do not a Mother make. These two are too twitchy, too sensative, busy, soft spoken, and would only breed weak, easily ignored, and more over spoiled pups.

If anything, AJ and Rarity, along with Pinkie would be good Mothers, RD is kinda a grey area.

A Mother shouldnt be soft and squishy, she should be an Alpha Female. Personal opinion.