Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chinese teens taking cabbages for walks to get over loneliness

AppleGearRising

Err...yeah I have absolutely no idea what's going on here.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/05/02/chinese-teens-taking-cabbages-for-walks-to-get-over-loneliness-4716551/

I wonder if there'll be vets that accommodate treating cabbages before long?

I think this is a bit strange but wonderful. Like the boy said, he likes walking cabbages when he feels lonely because when he's done he can throw the cabbage and his loneliness away with it. I see no problem with this practice  :)

Brb buying a pet cabbage

• Brohoof 6

If the people of China can except this why the hell can't other countries except bronies and other things they may not find normal.

• Brohoof 1

It must be a strange thing that they do to overcome loneliness, a weird tactic. :P

Yup......I have to agree, for it is the strangest thin I have seen. 

• Brohoof 2

tumblr_m8ko3dHPqL1qd9kcuo2_500.gif

But in all seriousness, this is kinda sad. Mainly because there's apparently so much dog-hate. They hate loneliness but can't stand the company of a real pet? :(

• Brohoof 1

I feel and think it's pretty sad and odd, but if they've chosen it and think it helps for them to get over their loneliness, I don't want to get into their business. They don't harm anyone and if the method works for them, then it's fine enough.

(edited)

I want a pet cabbage, too...

That seems like a good idea. However, all I have are apples and a cantaloupe... that's not a cabbage. Oh well, I'll just have to settle with what I've got. C'mon guys, let's go for a walk before it gets too dark. Don't worry, you're still just as important to me as any cabbage could ever be.

Edited by Regulus

First Wilson, now this.....entertaining and endearing (I read everything about this)....but at the end of the day, I still giggle at this...

funny-Cast-Away-Wilson-ball.jpg

• Brohoof 4

^ This

No, it's not about people using cabbages as replacements for pets - it's about an art project started up a by Chinese artist, Han Bing.  Possibly an artful expression of social critique on Chinese society and classism.

It seems these people participated in the project and brought them out to the Beijing Music festival; seems the UK Metro and Huffington Post need to do more background checking really.  That or they are working on the policy of, if it's weird enough from Asia, report on it to sell more papers/garner viewers.

• Brohoof 2

I can tell who reads the thread and who doesn't after being told that the story is false and that Chinese kids do not keep cabbages as pets.

• Brohoof 2