Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Obscure pony clothing

RainboomCrash

Hey there everypony. I have a question for you: do you know of any pony paraphernalia which I could wear which is obscure enough so anti-bronies and people who might look down on me for wearing it wouldn't get it, yet fellow bronies would recognize it? Thanks.

I've always wanted the same kind of thing. I think the best you can do is have things related to ponies but not something anyone can readily as identify as pony merch. For instance, I have a Derpy keychain that also had a muffin on it. I took Derpy off the keychain and left the muffin. The muffin is obviously in the style of MLP so I think certain bronies would definitely pick up on it while anyone opposed to bronies wouldn't. I think another option is to color coordinate. For instance, if you could find a shirt that is exactly the same color as Fluttershy's coat, then that might make you a brony hiding in plain sight. 

What do you mean by obscure, like...grimdark?

Obscure. Not obscene. (maybe that's the word you were thinking of)

Obscure is the opposite of obvious. He wants to be a brony hiding in plain sight. Anti bronies wouldn't know but bronies would pick up on it. 

I've always wanted the same kind of thing. I think the best you can do is have things related to ponies but not something anyone can readily as identify as pony merch. For instance, I have a Derpy keychain that also had a muffin on it. I took Derpy off the keychain and left the muffin. The muffin is obviously in the style of MLP so I think certain bronies would definitely pick up on it while anyone opposed to bronies wouldn't. I think another option is to color coordinate. For instance, if you could find a shirt that is exactly the same color as Fluttershy's coat, then that might make you a brony hiding in plain sight. 

Obscure. Not obscene. (maybe that's the word you were thinking of)

Obscure is the opposite of obvious. He wants to be a brony hiding in plain sight. Anti bronies wouldn't know but bronies would pick up on it. 

Oh, okay. Maybe an american flag with a saluting Rainbow Dash hidden in the flag. I think someone could make that. Probably the only place you'll find obscure shirts is welovefine.com. 

• Brohoof 1

Things that just have cutie marks are great, especially Twilight, Luna, or Celestia's mark, because they look cute and decorative just as they are.

I think i'm going to watch this thread for merch recommendations so i can find some subtle pony apparel. Not because i want to hide my fandom, mind you, but just because i find a lot of pony apparel to be so gosh-darn gaudy!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

There are some cutie mark shirts I've seen at Hot Topic before, that are pretty obscure.

I bought a Twilight one. It's just a plain purple shirt with her cutie mark on the bottom left. So you could get a shirt of your favorite mane 6, and nobody would even know it was a pony shirt. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

There are some cutie mark shirts I've seen at Hot Topic before, that are pretty obscure.

I bought a Twilight one. It's just a plain purple shirt with her cutie mark on the bottom left. So you could get a shirt of your favorite mane 6, and nobody would even know it was a pony shirt. :)

Hmm time to look for a Luna cutie mark t shirt :D

Edited by RainboomCrash
  • Brohoof 2

I've gone the hiding-in-plain-sight route lol.  I ordered a TeeFury mash-up that combines Link's horse Epona (originally from Ocarina of Time, if I'm not mistaken) with My Little Pony.  Which makes it My Little Epona :P.  I don't think I'll really get any flack for it (I'm not a frequent visitor of the outside world, anyhow), but if I'm spotted I could always be a Zelda fan.  Which I am, btw.  I do kind of desire a Rainbow Dash necklace that I can tuck under my shirt collar, though.  And I could now and then furtively produce it and hisssss sweet nothings of, "Myyyy preciousssss."  I can't help it if I'm awesome.

• Brohoof 1

I've gone the hiding-in-plain-sight route lol.  I ordered a TeeFury mash-up that combines Link's horse Epona (originally from Ocarina of Time, if I'm not mistaken) with My Little Pony.  Which makes it My Little Epona :P.  I don't think I'll really get any flack for it (I'm not a frequent visitor of the outside world, anyhow), but if I'm spotted I could always be a Zelda fan.  Which I am, btw.  I do kind of desire a Rainbow Dash necklace that I can tuck under my shirt collar, though.  And I could now and then furtively produce it and hisssss sweet nothings of, "Myyyy preciousssss."  I can't help it if I'm awesome.

What I really want is this:

http://www.redbubble.com/people/rozasupreme/works/8191163-smack-a-filly?body_color=white&p=t-shirt&print_location=front&ref=shop_grid&style=mens

But that's a slight bit obvious :(

• Brohoof 1

You SHOULD own and wear that shirt lol.  You're younger than I and probably far less strange, but there's always the option of, you know...  Not giving too much of a damn what other people think.  Don't be like ME and end up regretting all those filly-smacking shirts you didn't wear when you were younger.  Or, um...  You know what I mean xD.  Stupid people are stupid; it's an incurable illness from which the majority of the human population suffers.  To be fair, it's taken me years to get anywhere near the "not give a damn" mark, and I'm still tentative / uneasy about things.  But you can't change the stupid that's out there.  You can, however, change your shirt.

Just words of "wisdom" from a complete stranger :P.

• Brohoof 1

You SHOULD own and wear that shirt lol.  You're younger than I and probably far less strange, but there's always the option of, you know...  Not giving too much of a damn what other people think.  Don't be like ME and end up regretting all those filly-smacking shirts you didn't wear when you were younger.  Or, um...  You know what I mean xD.  Stupid people are stupid; it's an incurable illness from which the majority of the human population suffers.  To be fair, it's taken me years to get anywhere near the "not give a damn" mark, and I'm still tentative / uneasy about things.  But you can't change the stupid that's out there.  You can, however, change your shirt.

Just words of "wisdom" from a complete stranger :P.

I agree that you shouldn't really care what others think. However, I'm at uni and am struggling to make good friends as it is - I don't need the fact that I like MLP as an extra barrier...then again I could just wear it in my room :D

• Brohoof 1

If I were you, I'd look on redbubble.. they have over 10,000 designs under the category "My Little Pony" (http://www.redbubble.com/explore/my+little+pony)-  They have designs  ranging anywhere from 'im a brony look at me' to very subtle designs that only hardcore bronies would get. Its a really great site, it may be a little pricey but there are so many designs and styles to chose from. 

Here are some of the more subtle designs that I really like off of their website, 

http://goo.gl/TjtKfc

http://goo.gl/VNmL8A

http://goo.gl/jdcpeO

• Brohoof 1