• Flight to the Finish
+Finale

+Keys episodes were generally good

+The CMC

+Songs

+Animations and Backgrounds

Cons

-The rest of the 18 episodes were okay or just terrible

-The Equestrian Games subplot failed with the actual episode devoted to it and with the next con

-Rainbow Falls which all of the characters were OOC and had to have Derpy to save it

-It Ain't Easy Being Breezies was a board fest for a key episodes

-Weak Opening

-Two unresolved cliffhangers in the beginning of the season (i.e. Bats! and Castle-Mane-ia)

-How Spike was treated

Overall

The season overall was okay and it wasnt the best. One major thing that brings down the season were 2 key episodes. The first is Rainbow Falls because of its stupid plot and the characters being OOC. What hurts was that this was major story episode for the for both the Equestrian Games and the season as a whole. It Ain't Easy Being Breezies was horrible key episode too because it was an  overall board fest and logic with the Breezies was confusing. Another thing that hurts was its beginning with episode 1-7. The opening was weak and wasnt exciting as others before it and with episodes following it also hurt this season with unresolved cliffhangers and completely forgetting a lesson in Power Ponies with Spike. In the end, the cons out weigh the pros and that why I am getting the season:

7.5/10 (Average)

If Equestrian Games didn't fail and Rainbow Falls had an overall better story the rating may have gone up. Another thing that may have helped was if had a stronger opening and if Spike was treated as an actual character instead of a punching bag.

Also, Josh Haber, the writer for 'Castlemania' confirmed that the shadow pony in it was Tirek in disguise

Oops, old necro post. Sorry.

This last season has been done in a way that feels more opened to a wider viewership. The kind of humor was a little less "childish" than before. Which I don't find particularly good, since they might have lost some depth in the process, in comparison to some of the previous seasons. For example, there has  been "some" episodes when the amount of wasted potential has been huge.

Same happened with Tirek. There isn't much place left for plot development or any kind of depth, when you set up your standard at such levels. There wasn't barely any emotional play, there wasn't a grey zone, from which we could somehow understand the villain standpoint. There wasn't credibility nor impact to what was happening on the screen. It happened as with King Sombra.

This season was...OK.

I thought It had some Worthy episodes like, Rarity takes Manhattan. The moral was descent and I know people who have gone through similar problems like this.

Flight to the finish was a good character building episode for Scootaloo but I just thought sweetie bell and apple bloom would be good friends and encourager Scootaloo to be her self, and the fact that she couldn't fly never seemed to bother her. I guess what I'm saying is that I was looking forward to a RD and Scootaloo sister bonding time instead of hearing the same lesson the main 6 did in "Lesson Zero". Friends should listen and help friends in any situation.

It Ain't Easy Being Breezie was boring and I still don't understand why Fluttershy was crying after she made the Breezies go. It was the best thing to do and she had just met them. Fluttershy logic makes no sense to me.

Pinkie Pride was probably my favorite ep, because of the double party pony fun. :lol:

The season closer was AWESOME! Nice idea; bringing back Tirek and Twilight giving up her magic for her friends. It was just

Over all I Give season 5 a 6 out of a posible 10. Nice try keep up the good work Hasbro. :smug:

• 6 months later...

I like the 4th season!

the show development is more dynamic, pony vile has seen more mapped areas of travel

The main six are seeing more story thought in the season four, Something i hope too

see in the

5th season is the ponies individual triumph over mastering their elements and

how their elements spread through new areas of pony-vile! 

Edited by Pinkdasher7

I generally refrain from the ten point scale thing when it comes to MLP.  Because I don't stop and rate everything I enjoy on a ten point scale lol.  "Wow, this sandwich is delicious!  I'd say it's a...  Seven point five.  At least.  Would have been an easy eight with more mustard."

I most enjoyed:

Flight to the Finish

Daring Don't

Rainbow Falls

Pinkie Pride

Maud Pie

Testing Testing 1 2 3

Trade Ya

I consider Rainbow Falls to be an excellent episode.  Daring Don't is more fun every time I watch it.  Testing Testing 1 2 3 has just about everything you could possibly want.  Trade Ya is probably one of my favorite episodes in the series.

I do find it easier to enjoy things when I don't sit there picking them apart, though.  Funny how that works.

Season 4 was awesome!!!! :D 

Rarity: Best pony

Applejack: Awesome

Rainbow Dash: She was a lot better 

Twilight: Great

Fluttershy: Meh... 

Then there's Pinkie Pie....

Pinkie Pie was, for the most part, horrible. She was amazing in Pinkie Pride, and she was pretty good in Pinkie Apple Pie. Unfortunately, she was horrible, especially in Filly Vanilli. I mean she had no reason to be like that. She didn't even learn a lesson. The episode would be fine, probably better, if she acted like her normal self or if she was cut out from the episode completely. 

Season 4 overall was a 9/10 with Pinkie Pie being my only complaint. 

Since season 2 was the season I just so happened to walk on into MLP FIM with I still love season 2 but this had to be my favorite season of all time. I thought it was the best work of art I could ever make in my entire lifetime.

Edited by ~Flash Brush~

I don't have a least-favorite episode in this series, I barely have any episodes on my list that I even dislike. Most are just "meh" for me since I don't much care for repetitive slice-of-life stories. An episode that stood out for me was Pinkie Apple Pie, even though I don't care for Pinkie Pie I just love Apple Family oddities, reminds me a lot of my own family. Princess Twilight Sparkle and Twilight's Kingdom were my favorites of the season, but I love the premieres and finales of every season.