I'm Confused about being a brony

PokeBolter

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: Pinkie Pie

How did you find MLP Forums?: I was looking up things about my question i'm about to ask

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: I was just watching Youtube poops and then Apple Bloom said a line I found really cute so I watched the Cutie Mark Crusader episodes, then later on I decided that Spike was cool so I started to really like him and I opened up to more episodes, then last summer I played a cutout game r63 with my sister and then I even got a few ponies of my own and called myself a brony, but now I just have one pony I really like and that's my r63 version Sweetie Belle or well Silver Belle

Ok I'm a really big Pokemon fan who likes to have new experiences but here me out Ok I think I may be becoming a brony because I really miss MLP season 4 already just because of eating snacks while watching something entertaining however I don't want to be a brony at all but still like ponies. I tried a lot of other sources and that led me to well joining the herd of bronies so please comment back what I should do about this due to my friend would make fun of me, and I really don't want to lose him either and I can't really like any brony pages so what should I do thanks fellow bronies. /)

• Brohoof 4

Welcome! /) pinkie pie is a great pony, and it is awesome to see you get involved due to the CMC, not to many other people do that, and I think it's pretty neat! And you don't have to participate in the fandom, you can enjoy the show all on its own!

• Brohoof 1

You can totally just watch the show by itself and not feel like you have to make brony artwork or fanfiction or stuff. I enjoy Pokemon games and looking up memes and stuff but I don't do any Pokemon art. Joining a site like this can be like dipping your toe in the pool to see if the temperature is right for you being more involved with the fandom. If it doesn't feel right, then so what, you can still enjoy the show. 

(edited)

Hello, welcome to the forums!

I say this many times over, but I think it'll help you.

The way I break the ice with people about me being a brony is that I start with the words, "Hey, there's these men who like My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic called bronies. Do you think that's crazy? They think it's a pretty good show. It has the feel of a magical girl show with a mix of Dragonball Z."

If they have a nice reaction, tell them that you took a peek at the show and you liked it for *insert whatever reasons here.* Tell them how great the show is but don't go too far and get too obsessed with it! Good examples are like the adult humor like the spiked punch and John De Lancie as Discord, who's also Q in Star Trek:TNG (If they're a Trekkie too).

If they are rude or have a hostile reaction, laugh it off as a joke and drop the subject, then move on. Acknowledge that people have different things they like.

Most friends that I make are those that aren't hostile to new ideas, and those are the friends worth making. Brohoof /)

Edited by Carbon Maestro
  • Brohoof 1

Don't worry about it sweetie. It's a label more than anything. If you like ponies, it's what they tend to call you. I myself probably love pokemon just as much if not more, but don't feel torn because of it. c: 

*hugs* I hope it works out for you. Welcome to the forum at any rate :)

Firstly, sugarcube, you've got great taste in ponies.

Secondly, don't worry about it. I'm a closet brony too for the most part, you just gotta accept yourself and love you the way you are! And just be careful around others. Look at brony stuff privately! :)

• Brohoof 1

I was in the same position as you, but I just keep this to myself.

Secondly, don't worry about it. I'm a closet brony too for the most part, you just gotta accept yourself and love you the way you are! And just be careful around others. Look at brony stuff privately!

This is how I am, and it works well. 

Don't worry about it :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...