Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Creepy Ponies; G1 Vs. G4

The JLmle

Which ponies creep you out?  

36 users have voted

1. 1. Which pony designs do you find creepy?

• Generation 1
    • Generation 4
    • Neither, they're both cute in their own ways.
    • Both of the designs actually, but I still like the show(s)
    • Genration 3.5

(edited)

Galaxy.jpg

This is a G1 pony, and I sure as shit wouldn't want it in my bedroom when I tried to sleep. It looks like it wants to suckle my intestinal goodness.

Edited by Troblems
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

G3.5 is only creepy because they're BABIES. What the hell...

G4 are not exactly creepy, but the EYES, what's up with the EYES. Why are the eyes so big?! 

In G1, they're not creepy, they're really cute.

• Brohoof 1

G4 ponies *do* look more like deer than horses, but I still find them to be very cute myself.

However, I don't find the G1 ponies to be creepy. I think they're cute in a different way. The generation that I actually have the hardest time finding cute is G2 because they kind of look like lizards... I'm not meaning to be down on G2, they just aren't for me, I guess. (Which is good because they're the rarest generation to find, I believe)

attachicon.gifGalaxy.jpg

This is a G1 pony, and I sure as shit wouldn't want it in my bedroom when I tried to sleep. It looks like it wants to suckle my intestinal goodness.

Aw... :(

Either way, this is also G1:

3078888326_228e37113a.jpg

And she is undeniably adorable!

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 2

So it's been a long time since I started this topic; but now that it's been resurrected, I feel that I need to make an update to my own thoughts... I've watched (and enjoyed) all of G1 and a fair amount of G3 and G3.5 since this was originally posted... 

G1 I actually find to be mostly cute these days, with the notable exception of the "gem eyes" though I've gotten used to them, there was just something about a pony with red gems for eyes that creeped me out as a little girl...

G4 I've always found to be adorable... Big eyes or not

G3.5 doesn't bother me, but I can see how the oversized heads may creep some other out... Note that I haven't seen any full animations with the "newborn cuties;" but I can see how they creep some people out... Personally they make me smile. Seriously.  I don't think they look like chickens but rather the baby from an old sitcom called Dinosaurs! I can't help but think "not the mama!" or "again!" and that makes me laugh rather than creeps me out... 

• 7 years later...