Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Creepy Ponies; G1 Vs. G4

The JLmle

Which ponies creep you out?  

36 users have voted

1. 1. Which pony designs do you find creepy?

• Generation 1
    • Generation 4
    • Neither, they're both cute in their own ways.
    • Both of the designs actually, but I still like the show(s)
    • Genration 3.5

(edited)

So when my friend at work found out about my love for MLP; she laughed; Said she watched as a little girl and occasionally with her daughter; but that she found the new designs used in Friendship is Magic "creepy." Stating that the eyes were huge and they "look like deer, not ponies."

I laughed because I always found the old designs creepy; In fact the first time I saw G1 MLP at a friend;s house I had nightmares.  I know now that they were hand drawn and that the artists were striving for at least a pseudo photo-realism...  But as a little girl,something about those ponies just scared me...

Just curios if anypony else finds any of the designs creepy, or if her and I are crazy...

Edited by JLmle

Who in the world would think the G4 ponies look creepy???? That's completely ridiculous.

For my friend it's mostly the eyes which, according to her, "take up like half of their faces."

Personally, I love the way they are stylized, as do most people according to current poll results.

• Brohoof 1

How in the world are the G1 designs creepy?

Honestly, that sounds like something a die hard G4 fan would say.  :mellow:

They're both cute and adorable to me.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

So when my friend at work found out about my love for MLP; she laughed; Said she watched as a little girl and occasionally with her daughter; but that she found the new designs used in Friendship is Magic "creepy." Stating that the eyes were huge and they "look like deer, not ponies."

I laughed because I always found the old designs creepy; In fact the first time I saw G1 MLP at a friend;s house I had nightmares.  I know now that they were hand drawn and that the artists were striving for at least a pseudo photo-realism...  But as a little girl,something about those ponies just scared me...

Just curios if anypony else finds any of the designs creepy, or if her and I are crazy...

lolwat

:derp:

well,they were supposed to look like real horses,so I guess they got that part right.

(G1-G3 were fine,G3.5 is creepy,and G4 is adorable)

Edited by Alpha9571
  • Brohoof 1

How in the world are the G1 designs creepy?

Honestly, that sounds like something a die hard G4 fan would say.  :mellow:

They're both cute and adorable to me.

I think it was the faces, particularly from specific angles that creeped me out... I should clarify I was like 6 or 7 when I had the nightmares.

Stating that the eyes were huge and they "look like deer, not ponies."

Your friend is a silly pony :D 

Personally, I find that the G1 designs look a bit *too* much like horses, to the point where it's a bit aesthetically painful to watch. Not very pleasing to see, honestly :D 

G4, on the other hand, is pretty cute, with the big 'ol eyes and what not :D 

• Brohoof 3

I think it was the faces, particularly from specific angles that creeped me out... I should clarify I was like 6 or 7 when I had the nightmares.

Yep,sounds about right.

You should add G3.5 ponies.

G3.5 was scary.Just look at Scootaloo.

• Brohoof 1

Your friend is a silly pony :D 

Personally, I find that the G1 designs look a bit *too* much like horses, to the point where it's a bit aesthetically painful to watch. Not very pleasing to see, honestly :D 

G4, on the other hand, is pretty cute, with the big 'ol eyes and what not :D 

Well, they are horses, so shouldn't they be drawn to look like horses?

On another note, I don't think that they looked "too" much like horses; If they did, it would look a little something like this:

ka5vd5.jpg

• Brohoof 3

No they shouldn't cause they wouldn't be cute if they were. And they aren't supposed to look like actual horses anyway.

• Brohoof 2

On another note, I don't think that they looked "too" much like horses; If they did, it would look a little something like this:

Why would you want to show that picture

Aesthetics is a big part of a cartoon's success; honestly, part of the beauty in cartoons is the fact it doesn't look like real life; it makes it easier to escape from this cold, cruel world into a fantasy land where you feel comfortable and safe, if only for a while. Real life sucks in general, and having a bit of time away from it all while investing yourself into a cute little cartoon like MLP is one of the great things about cartoons in general.

• Brohoof 5

I think your friend has not seen G3.5 before. D:

Seriously, that generation is terrifying. :C

• Brohoof 2

I don't find the G1 designs creepy... I just don't care much for them

I find G3.5 extremely creepy and just plain bad :eww:

G4 designs are perfect and not creepy in the slightest, just cute :squee:

• Brohoof 1

I voted 3.5, and apparently a lot of people agree.

Oh and one more thing before I go-

gen_1_ponies_by_sammyw28-d4yikqf.jpg

Phfft, if people cared about accuracy in looks, Anime wouldn't be nearly as popular. :P

• Brohoof 2

Gen 3.5 are the only pony designs that really creep me out, the rest of them are cute in their own ways. G1 is not as cute as G4 but I think has its own charm.

Yep,sounds about right.

Presuming that G3.5 Scootaloo is the abomination that Rainbow Dash is holding? Yes. Wow! That's creepy..

Yep,sounds about right.

Presuming that G3.5 Scootaloo is the abomination that Rainbow Dash is holding? Yes. Wow! That's creepy..

Can't resist, just one more-

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Reference this pic to my above post...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yeah,that's Scootaloo.She's pretty ugly.

As opposed to chicken pony.

Edited by Alpha9571
  • Brohoof 1