Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Season 5] New intro with Twilight's new castle?

Bryght Knowledge

it wouldn't be a very big change. I just watched the intro to the show and I just noticed, that the library only shows up for about a second before fading into a silhouette and then disappearing from view, so it wasn't a significant part of the intro anyway.

As the CMC have cutie marks in the season 5 opening.

This. Make it happen please...

Anyway as I said, we should get a brand new opening. Seriously the current one is getting dull. Just some changes in images isn't gonna cut in anymore. If they can make it as impressive as the Japanese Opening I would be so happy.

And as in the Japanese opening, it's this one.

I don't like the intro much..and I prefer if they made a totally different song. The EqG one was okay, and the extended version was good, but I wouldn't mind a whole new intro song. Probably most won't agree but hey its an opinion.

They should use "The Liberty Bell March" for the new theme. Then at the end, a giant hoof could come down and squash everypony!

• Brohoof 1

Nah, they need the burnt, destroyed ruins of Ponyville in the intro. To serve as a reminder to all why Twilight is princess.

The intro would start off with a patrol of her security drones, then break through the smog her factory produces, to swoop over the desolate wasteland that was once ponyville, to see the ruins of the library, and atop them sit the statue of overlord twilight. A reminder that the old will never return.

But yea, they will have the castle, or just keep the library in the intro and bring it back.

Probably. Except they hardly changed much for Season Four. Twilight was a unicorn for the whole first half of it.

But I doubt the entire library will be rebuilt. I mean, it's a tree. XD I'm just wondering where Ponyville will get their books now...

• Brohoof 1

Seeing as they did it for season 4 it seems reasonable, though it isn't as big of a change as Twilicorn.

Aha! Maybe we will even see Discord? Who knows!  :umad:

Discord is in the season 4 opening. You can see him in the window of Fluttershy's cottage.

post-23129-0-19291000-1401854063_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

mlfw228_small.jpg

Ick, do they really have to? Fine, whatever. Ugly castle, here we come.

Excuse me while I gouge my eyes out prepare my body. I do hope they'll put more Discord in the new opening.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2

Could go either way. My personal hope is that we get a fully new animated season opening since S4 just felt pasted together at the last minute, which is a real shame.

As for changing the music, I think a remix might be in order since as many have noted the target dem has grown, so having something a bit more up-tempo and less saccharin sweet would be enjoyable for all watchers I believe.

As for changing the music, I think a remix might be in order since as many have noted the target dem has grown, so having something a bit more up-tempo and less saccharin sweet would be enjoyable for all watchers I believe.

That's actually a brilliant idea, though they did improve the opening scene when season 2 came out, they really do need to come up with a better song for the opening...  :eww:

Probably. Except they hardly changed much for Season Four. Twilight was a unicorn for the whole first half of it.

But I doubt the entire library will be rebuilt. I mean, it's a tree. XD I'm just wondering where Ponyville will get their books now...

Why couldn't Twilight run the library out of her new castle? If there is a lack of books, she can just teleport them from the castle of the sisters.

(edited)

Totally off-topic but this picture is so funny. :lol:

Nice find.

This picture basically describes feelings towards anything I don't like.

Its a face of disagreeing acceptance, or reluctance. Also, its hilarious looking.

Edited by crazitaco

Though seriously, new animation is totally in order. I say keep the song, but we SO need some new footage.

Oh, and have the group picture in the end go back to being the Mane 6 without nigh useless supporting characters cluttering it up (why added Snips & Snails I'll NEVER understand :| )

• Brohoof 2

Yeah; the castle'll most likely be added to the next season's intro somehow. It'll probably be like season 4's intro except with the characters taking a picture in front of the castle instead of the treehouse at most, though. But they could prove me wrong, we'll just have to wait and see. :huh:

If the opening theme of Season 5 in 2015 has premiered, then Princess Twilight's castle will be there instead of her old library treehouse. :D

I'm sure they'll make some changes...they'd almost have to. It'd be very interesting to have a whole new intro but even if they don't change the song I'd love to see new scenes used.

I would love to see new clips and a remix of the original song. But I think they will keep the song as is for consistency and just update the last few clips like they did for season 4. I'm almost positive they will add the castle.