Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Season 5] New intro with Twilight's new castle?

Bryght Knowledge

Do you think that the MLP staff will make a brand new opening for season 5? I ask the because in the previous season openings show Twilight Sparkle's old library house. And her library house was completely destroyed in the final episode of season 4.

• Brohoof 2

A brand new opening would be awesome since I don't like the current one. -_-

But I guess they're just going to make some little changes, like replacing Twilight's library by her new castle.

The Season 4 opening was updated for Princess Celestia Alicorn form and including other used ponies. The addition of Discord.

Opening should be completely different from the first two with new scenes. Especially showing the ones that the Mane 6 had an impact on.

Maybe even a new theme song.

Yes I think so. Though, I doubt they'll make a totally different one. I'm thinking maybe a similar one but with a few changes.

Oh yes. They have to because Twilight's library blew up. Her castle will be there, I'm sure of it.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a scene where the mane 6 and Spike are riding on Discord's back while Discord flies through the air?

I would love to see Twilight's castle in the Season 5 opening considering her poor library was destroyed  :(  also in response to Asherdangerdash, the season 4 intro also added Luna and several other ponies to the mix.

It should still start out the same with the original shots used in S1-4 and finish with a shot of the group in front of the new castle.

I'm actually hoping Season 5 gives us a whole new title sequence, not just a modified one. The current one is too girly and I'd like one that has a lot of action and excitement for what's to follow. I wouldn't mind an updated theme song either.

• Brohoof 3

Seeing as they did it for season 4 it seems reasonable, though it isn't as big of a change as Twilicorn.

Aha! Maybe we will even see Discord? Who knows!  :umad:

Actually, he's already in it:

640px-Fluttershy_S4_opening_theme_with_D

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Nah, I say they should keep the burnt-out ruins of the old library in the background, as a friendly reminder that everything eventually dies. For the kids.

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 2

I don't like the intro much..and I prefer if they made a totally different song. The EqG one was okay, and the extended version was good, but I wouldn't mind a whole new intro song. Probably most won't agree but hey its an opinion.

Most likely they will add Twilight's Castle in the intro.  However, I hope the intro is different, instead of Twi and Spike descending from the clouds, it should be a little different. 

You're not going to like the season 5 then :(

ishg... a brony can dream can't he...I want the library back waaa, *insert planet of the apes qhote here*

(edited)

My guess is that they will change maybe a few clips, but I doubt they'll do much more than that. But who knows- It seems like the animators aren't on as tight of a leash as of this last season (and that's not a bad thing).

They changed season four's opening, so I don't see why they wouldn't change this one. If they do, they're probably only going to change the castle, but I'd like to see a completely new intro with a new song.

It would be great if they made a better opening song- It's the one thing I dislike most about the show.

With the last intro I like how they added Discord creepin' in Fluttershy's window.

post-24370-0-62094100-1401743509_thumb.jpg

Hopefully they'll use the picture at the end of S4 for the new intro end if they change it.

The first one was stupid- Their eyes look like alien eyes. The second one, aside from more of the characters, wasn't much better.

post-24370-0-64879000-1395179800.jpg
Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 1