Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you feel about Season 4's new intro?

Adorkable

Hello, all!

This is my first topic, so I hope I don't screw this up somehow. ^^"

Anyways, I want to know what you all think about Season 4's new and somewhat remade into?

Really, not much has been changed/added, but still room for opinions!

Honestly, the night before the Season 4 premiere I was beyond excited, I kept waking up in the middle of the night constantly checking the clock, and having dreams of the "new" intro in many many different ways. When I watched the intro, I'm afraid to say my hoped had gotten pretty high up and had a major fall. I was expecting a completely new intro with possibly the Equestria Girls version of the theme song.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I hated/disliked it or anything, just mildly disappointed from what I was hoping to see.

Which was a completely remade intro.

The intro isn't a big deal, but since I didn't really know what to expect from the premiere (excluding what we seen from commercial previews!), it's really all I could think of. I heard many Bronies speak of how it was possible of them to switch to the Equestria Girls theme and such, and it just got me excited. Not to mention how since Twilight Sparkle (a.k.a. best pony ever) was now an Alicorn, they would have to remake that part as well, which they did in a clever way, but I feel there was so much potential for a new intro.

I just want to hear what you all think, feel free to share your views and opinions! I'd love to hear what you have to say! ^^

• Brohoof 4

At first, I was going to ask why you'd randomly bolded letters in your post, but then I noticed a pattern: "twilight sparkle is best pony".  Nice puzzle. ;)

I like how the new version of the intro includes more of the secondary characters than before - it helps to meld them all together into one cohesive world.  As a Luna fan, I also like the fact that she's shown in the intro now.  But I think Twilight's wings steal the show a bit, especially given how little focus her role as Princess has gotten this season.

Also, I thought the Equestria Girls intro was terrible. :P

Edited by Pixel Stick
  • Brohoof 2

It's fine I guess, although I just noticed for the first time, strangely enough, that Twilight is only shown with wings after introducing the other friends.  Quite clever actually.

I don't like having so many ponies in the photo scene, it just is too much to focus on.

• Brohoof 1

I like the new Intro visuals a little better (Still don't like and WON'T like the intro song). I like how Discord is stalkerishly creepin' in Fluttershy's cottage window now. I also like the final picture more only because it includes more characters. Both pictures still look like everybody just got back from the eye doctor (or something illegal). Their eyes are all dilated. That's one thing that aggravates me. Pretty much anything promotional for the show has the characters' eyes looking stupid. Does Hasbro think it looks cute? I just think it looks really stupid and they don't normally look like that ever. I mean look at Rainbow Dash in the new picture lol.  I'm sure the old picture (used on Netflix for example) has kept more than one person from even giving the show a try.

post-24370-0-64879000-1395179800.jpg

post-24370-0-42306600-1395179981_thumb.jpg

Dat hidden message doe :P

But anyway, I love the new intro. In my opinion every change improved it: all of the mane 6's other friends in the photo, Discord in Fluttershy's cottage, Twilight spreading her wings, and of course Luna appearing alongside Celestia. It just feels more, I dunno... "complete" now, and it shows how much Twilight has progressed since she moved to Ponyville.

Edited by Frostgage
  • Brohoof 1

I appreciate that they've altered it to reflect the changes the show has gone through, but not so happy about how crowded the cast picture is when some of those people don't deserve it and/or haven't done crap since

I Suppose the new intro is ok, I can’t say I think it’s really that much different to the old one, I do like how they got Scootaloo and some other characters like Luna in it now and Twilight raising her wings up looking cool.

I was kind of wondering when they’d do a new intro since Twilight has wings, though to be honest and did a video on predicting the wings thing in a pervious thread, don’t really remember which thread, also I liked your hidden message and I need a Y to finish mine off but I can’t think of a word to add with a y in it so I cheated :D

Edited by Asherdangerdash

I would just tweet 2 things for this introduction.

1. Give Luna a throne to sit in instead of just standing by her sister.

2. Get rid of Snips and Snails in the photo.

• Brohoof 2

Nice touch with bolding the letters and hiding a secret message. That was very clever of you; Twilight would be proud   ^_^!

With that aside I really do appreciate the visual overhaul that the season 4 intro gave us. We've had the same intro for three seasons already so it was nice of them to change it slightly, albeit still using the same song since the 1st season.

An intro to any show is used to catch the audiences attention and get them excited for the program. I feel that FIM's intro doesn't really do that and I end up skipping ahead anyways.  

I think we've reached the point where we need to desperately change the song. Just to compare, the Japanese dub already has 3 intros and 2 endings while we're stuck with the the same intro and ending for nearly 4 years now!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think we've reached the point where we need to desperately change the song. Just to compare, the Japanese dub already has 3 intros and 2 endings while we're stuck with the the same intro and ending for nearly 4 years now!

As I said before, I wouldn't mind if they did something with the remix of the theme from Equestria Girls.

Oh, oh oh! OR they could do something with the rest of the theme song they didn't use, you know:

When I was young, I was too busy to make any friends! Such silliness did not seem worth the effort it expends. But my little ponies, you've opened up my eyes! And now the truth is crystal clear, as splendid summer skies, and it's such a wonderful surprise! ?

And we can't forget the part:

When danger makes me wanna hide, you'll Rainbow Dash to my side. Kindness is never in short supply, once smitten twice with Fluttershy. With Honesty that nopony can deny, you are the Applejack of my eye. A heart that shines so beautiful, a Rarity to come by. And you all make fun and Laughter, as easy as Pinkie Pie! ?

I don't want to spoil anything, but I feel like whatever is in that box may have a new intro for Season 5...

3025-if-you-know-what-i-mean.png

Edited by ThatOneSonicFan
  • Brohoof 1

• 6 years later...

I only liked the theme song from Season 1, as it was clean and catchy. Season 2 destroyed the theme, and the intro animation never got better. I didn't even find the school intro for Season 8 fitting, but my main problem was always the theme song. It was good as it was for Season 1, they should have left it that way!

On 3/18/2014 at 7:34 PM, Bakugou is my Man said:

I would just tweet 2 things for this introduction.

1. Give Luna a throne to sit in instead of just standing by her sister.

3 years later or so, Luna finally got her own throne(first showing in the movie).
Sadly it happened off-screen, it got no acknowledgement at all(like everyone is acting like its there this whole time), first appearing in the thing where Luna got badly humiliated.
And the fact she basically didn't get to keep it for much long due to the stupid retirement stuff..

• 11 months later...
On 2014-03-18 at 3:09 PM, Cirrus. said:

I like the new Intro visuals a little better (Still don't like and WON'T like the intro song). I like how Discord is stalkerishly creepin' in Fluttershy's cottage window now. I also like the final picture more only because it includes more characters. Both pictures still look like everybody just got back from the eye doctor (or something illegal). Their eyes are all dilated. That's one thing that aggravates me. Pretty much anything promotional for the show has the characters' eyes looking stupid. Does Hasbro think it looks cute? I just think it looks really stupid and they don't normally look like that ever. I mean look at Rainbow Dash in the new picture lol.  I'm sure the old picture (used on Netflix for example) has kept more than one person from even giving the show a try.

post-24370-0-64879000-1395179800.jpg

post-24370-0-42306600-1395179981_thumb.jpg

Yeah, their eyes are super dilated in that photo!

The Season Four opening was my favourite. :wub: It had the right amount of focus on the Mane Six as well as the other characters. The intro from the last two seasons is the one I don't like as much, mostly because of the Student Six's presence. :dry:

• 11 months later...
On 2021-09-03 at 2:57 AM, Tom Gallagher said:

The Season Four opening was my favourite. :wub: It had the right amount of focus on the Mane Six as well as the other characters. The intro from the last two seasons is the one I don't like as much, mostly because of the Student Six's presence. :dry:

Yes, I like all of the intros except the last one.

I liked all of them, which I guess isn't surprising, as the differences weren't huge (except for the last intro). :adorkable: I prefer the music used in the first intro, though, and the season 8 opening should have had another new version of the song (it didn't sync as well with the visuals as it did in the earlier intros).

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...