Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So... this isn't a meme?

Commander Bubbles

I am so very confused right now.Okay, so just so we're clear here:

The Safety Dance was a song by Men Without Hats released in 1983 and reached #3 on the Billboard charts that year.

So how and when was it a meme, if at all? Because as far as I know it's just a really old Pop song.

It never was a meme. It was just a super popular song. The Rick Roll however is considered a meme.

It never was a meme. It was just a super popular song. The Rick Roll however is considered a meme.

So... the people in this thread have no idea what they're talking about then?

• Brohoof 1

Yes, it didn't become a meme. Because let me ask you this; how would you use it? On twicane you have tons of options, trollestia you have tons of options too, they really led your creativity go wild, but this. How could this make your creativity go wild.

Also, you can't 'make' a meme. They just happen.

Edited by Shift

Why is this not a meme yet? I mean... it's a hell of a lot more entertaining than that Twicane cancer and Derpy bullsh!t. I'm honestly surprised nobody made the dancing cop a meme yet...

Rapidbeta came up with it first

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, it didn't become a meme. Because let me ask you this; how would you use it? On twicane you have tons of options, trollestia you have tons of options too, they really led your creativity go wild, but this. How could this make your creativity go wild.

Also, you can't 'make' a meme. They just happen.

If that's the case, then let me ask you something; How many options is there with "Sitting Lyra"? Is it really that creative to make an obsolete background character sit on random objects?
  • Brohoof 1

@@ShadowPirateX,

Well, honey...

...you asked for it...

sitting-lyra-037.jpgsitting-lyra-032.pngsitting-lyra-036.jpgsitting-lyra-023.pngsitting-lyra-007.jpg

See more here.

Also, by your logic, Twicane shouldn't be a meme. I mean, how many options are there with "Twicane"? Is it really that creative to make an obsolete background object replace the held items of random characters?

Listen, i'll repeat this; you cannot make a meme. Memes just happen. The video is funny, but I cannot see how this would be a meme.

Edited by Shift

@@ShadowPirateX,

Well, honey...

...you asked for it...

sitting-lyra-037.jpgsitting-lyra-032.pngsitting-lyra-036.jpgsitting-lyra-023.pngsitting-lyra-007.jpg

See more here.

Also, by your logic, Twicane shouldn't be a meme. I mean, how many options are there with "Twicane"? Is it really that creative to make an obsolete background object replace the held items of random characters?

Listen, i'll repeat this; you cannot make a meme. Memes just happen. The video is funny, but I cannot see how this would be a meme.

For the first, those images prove my point.

For the second, i didn't say anything about what should or should not be a meme. Besides, didn't you just say that there are a lot of options with "Twicane", but now you say there isn't? (It really isn't, if you ask me)

For the third, i didn't say anything about making memes, nor did i mention that video in any way.

Edited by ShadowPirateX

@@ShadowPirateX,

No, listen.  I was just throwing your words back at you. You just asked me how 'Sitting Lyra' could be original, so as a comparison, I used Twicane. Sitting Lyra is a meme because it kinda shaped Lyra into the character we know today, and it isn't forced. Sitting Lyra is a meme because it lets people use their creativity, like putting Lyra in random sitting positions. That's fun and creative.

I can see the cop dancing go so far as people putting his intense dance moves to certain fitting/uniffing music or blend him in certain parts of shows or movies where everyone is dancing.

@@ShadowPirateX,

No, listen.  I was just throwing your words back at you. You just asked me how 'Sitting Lyra' could be original, so as a comparison, I used Twicane. Sitting Lyra is a meme because it kinda shaped Lyra into the character we know today, and it isn't forced. Sitting Lyra is a meme because it lets people use their creativity, like putting Lyra in random sitting positions. That's fun and creative.

So you're trying to throw my words back at me by bashing Twicane. I don't see how that works.

Besides, why do you hammer Twicane into the coversation all the time? If you're trying to prove a point, then i don't see what it is.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will not lie, that was probably one of the most interesting yet entertaining videos I believe I've ever seen on the web.

The cop dancing next to Potato Head was the best part, hooves down. ^^