Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Venomous

I don't think there's much difference between Cutie Mark Crusaders and blank flank.

And parasprite>breezie

But yeah breezie as a new rank can be great. :)

I have to agree, with Bio on this one.

Oh come on, people! Ranks have absolutely nothing to do with popularity. There may be pride, but it's no big deal. It's just new fun ranks for other members...it gives them something to look forward to, say getting a new rank.  I feel bad for those with unicorn rankings, because it kinda feels like an 'end of the line' thing. I would feel sad knowing there aren't any more ranks to look forward to after that. T^T
We could have a breezie, a diamond dog (freaking coolz), OR you could have element ranks! 

Edited by PeachBlink
  • Brohoof 1

And Batman

I second, third, and forth this.

By the way, here's an idea. While it may seem silly, bare with me. Why not after a member exceeds 7,000 posts, they can select their own? I don't mean customize their own, but select one of all the ranks to have as their badge. That could work, right? I mean, say a member has already gone over 7,000 posts, and wants something different. Like some members, there will be some who enjoy a specific rank more than others (like Phoenix or Parasprite), so why not just let them pick one they've already passed to go by for as long as they please? I guess maybe it could be some sort of -message an Administrator- kind of deal and the Admin could work their magic in the Admin CP, at least that's how you could do it when I was an Admin on several forums, that kind of stuff was possible. ^^

I hope that makes sense. ^^"

By the way, I also strongly support the Breezie and Bat Pony idea. ^^ (\

• Brohoof 2

By the way, here's an idea. While it may seem silly, bare with me. Why not after a member exceeds 7,000 posts, they can select their own? I don't mean customize their own, but select one of all the ranks to have as their badge. That could work, right?

Eh...

'IPBoard fails', example #584

• Brohoof 2

I have an idea.

At 7,000, you get the Elemental rank, where you can choose between a Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Twilight, Fluttershy, or Rarity badge.

fail idea, but seriously griffon, bat pony and wonderbolt rank please

Eh...

'IPBoard fails', example #584

Dang, but you can't say I didn't try! ^^"

There has to be something special members over 7,000 posts can get.

Why not give them a special premium member badge, and let them freely edit their member title?

I know it's a Donor/Subscriber thing only, but come on now, these bros and broets have posted over 7,000 times, that's a lot of posts. Why not give them a pat on the back for it? ^^

There has to be something special members over 7,000 posts can get.   Why not give them a special premium member badge, and let them freely edit their member title?   I know it's a Donor/Subscriber thing only, but come on now, these bros and broets have posted over 7,000 times, that's a lot of posts. Why not give them a pat on the back for it? ^^

Well personally, I don't really feel the need to have extra attention such as a premium badge just because I have over 9000 7000 posts. That someone has made a lot of posts doesn't mean that those posts are of high quality.

Let's say user "TwilightFan123" has made 5,000 posts, which mostly look like this: "yes this episode was awesome I liked how cool twilight was" The user "FluttersBoi" has made 750 posts, which are posts with a lot of detail and thoughts from the user.

TwilightFan123 is not more worthy than FluttersBoi just because he has posted more. Anyone can go into a lot of threads and make posts with just a sentence or two, but it takes time and dedication to create quality posts. Though, note that long posts doesn't always mean that the text is of high quality... but writing "this episode was so good because fluttershy was so cute and the part where pinkie pie threw a pie was funny" is not something one should get rewards for. At least in my opinion.

[edit] to add more, I'd like to mention that badges are just for fun. We don't need a reward system based on post counts.

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 3

It'll be cool if they had a bat pony rank.

I agree......that would've been a cool rank to have........alongside Wonderbolts, :D

Let's say user "TwilightFan123" has made 5,000 posts, which mostly look like this: "yes this episode was awesome I liked how cool twilight was

Hey, Twilight Sparkle is always cool. Just realizing that deserves a medal itself.  :D

• Brohoof 1