Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Pokemon Move

Carbon Maestro

There are the really annoying moves in pokemon like Fake Out, King's Shield, Protect, status, attract, Confuse Ray, Encore, flinch haxes like Togekiss Airslash...

Then there are the really fun moves to use like Play Rough, Brave Bird, Foul Play (against Aegislash is so satisfying)...

Then there the REALLY fun situational moves to use. Here's my favorite pokemon moves:

Pursuit - Double damage when pokemon is switching

Skill Swap - Switch abilities with target, I use it for my Truant Slaking in Doubles and it becomes god

Destiny Bond - faints the opponent if self dies

Boomburst - 140 base power with no drawbacks. Exploud and Chatot with STAB become beasts.

Explosion - Self-explanatory. Too bad for the nerf on Gen V that made this less prominent competitively.

Gravity - Brings all pokemon to the ground so they can get hit by EQ. Also increases accuracy of moves (Focus Blast will hit every time now)

Snatch - Steals the opponents stat or healing boosts. Oh man I've used this and it destroys setup sweepers like DDance Dragonite.
Retaliate - Takes double damage if pokemon recently fainted before. Also, amazing animation in X, Y.
Powder - Vivillion's troll move against fire types. Negates fire move and returns with 25% damage. Not useful competitively, but results are hilarious.

What's your favorite moves?

Surf. As a water-pokemon fan this is one of my go to moves. Gets me around the region and has high power and accuracy = major win.

I used to love Seismic Toss simply because of how awesome it was when Charizard used it against Magmar and Blastoise. :D 

I like Flare Blitz. Teaching to Emboar is satisfying. And I liked Thunder, electro ball, dragon pulse, draco meter, psychic, shadow ball, metronome, ice beam, flamethrower is my ultimate favorite.  I do also like the look of fusion flare even if it doesn't do much damage. I also like dragon claw and hydro pump.

I love Aqua ring, add that on top with left overs is such a fantastic combo! In terms of an attacking move, id go with earthquake, its just so. Wow :D

(edited)

in b4 Harden

Razor Leaf. It's been one of my faves since G1, and I usually always make sure any grass types I have, have it. 

Edited by Zhortac

Solarbeam. It's a grass powered Hyper Beam with a zero cooldown period if you set up a Sunny Day first. It's this reason that I still plan to run a Solarbeam team someday. 

Ugh, it's so hard to choose! 

If you're forcing me, it comes down to a tie between Brine (I'm an Empoleon kinda guy) - hits hard as it is, then double at <50% enemy HP is a great finisher, even if it happens to be resisted; and Aura Sphere, because Lucario is such an absolute boss it pains me to not have him in my team for those first 50 something levels in Platinum. 

(edited)

Scald - 80 power, 100% accurate and has a 30% burn chance. Amazing on bulky waters like Vaporeon and Slowbro.

Spore - 100% accurate two-turn sleep. Hard to argue with that and it makes Breloom one heck of a threat.

Volt Switch / U-turn - Fairly decent damage + a free switch. It can be handy, especially when the opponent switches out the turn you use it.

Edited by Celtore

You know what I'll do this by type.

Normal: Metronome

Fire: Blazekick

Water: Surf

Grass: Leaf Storm

Electric: Paraboltic Charge

Psychic: Psychic

Ghost: Shadow Ball

Rock: Rock Slide

Ground: Earthquake

Fighting: Sky Uppercut

Dark: Foul play

Flying: Fly

Bug: Silver Wind

Dragon: Draco Meteror

Fairy: Dazzling Gleam

Steel: Not really sure on any

Ice: Icebeam

Poison: Sludgebomb

• Brohoof 2

It probably can't legitamatly, but I got one traded to me on my Black Version. It was a surprise to me that, one it was shiny, and two it knew the fire type move previously stated. I of course then used a PP Max and tought it Thunder Bolt and Ice Beam as well.

Surf, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, and Crunch are good moves for their respective types.

You know what I'll do this by type.

Normal: Metronome

Fire: Blazekick

Water: Surf

Grass: Leaf Storm

Electric: Paraboltic Charge

Psychic: Psychic

Ghost: Shadow Ball

Rock: Rock Slide

Ground: Earthquake

Fighting: Sky Uppercut

Dark: Foul play

Flying: Fly

Bug: Silver Wind

Dragon: Draco Meteror

Fairy: Dazzling Gleam

Steel: Not really sure on any

Ice: Icebeam

Poison: Sludgebomb

Brohoof for Sludgebomb and Draco Meteor!

Surf is just an all-around useful attack. Not only does it do a fair amount of damage and has cool animations, but its HM status actually gives it some use outside battle as well. And unlike some other HMs, I don't feel bad about having one of my main Pokemon knowing it rather than an HM slave.

(edited)

Always depends on the situation in terms of usefulness in battle(which is what I rate a move on first and foremost), but I suppose in terms of visual splendor, pretty much any signature move of a Legendary Pokémon is always an absolute treat to see. They really seem to have put a lot of work into their animations in every game, yet most people don't have much use for high grade legendaries that often, or sometimes the moves may look really good but turn out to be crap in battle... a shame really, but I suppose they made those moves special for a reason. Reshiram's Blue Flare is a particular favorite in this regard of mine. :)

Here's an awesome compilation of most of them:

So good. :D

Edited by Radiance64