Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New-ish! Come say hi and whatnot, or you'll regret it!

TenorSounds

Hello everyone! I'm Tenor Sounds, Kylr to my friends, and I just wanted to introduce myself to these here forums!

I'm a 22 y/o dude, fan of MLP, working as a Software Engineer and playing a bunch of video games. I love hanging-out on message boards, RPing, and generally having a grand-old time with friends.

So...hello! What's up? How has your day been? :D

• Brohoof 14

Hello everyone! I'm Tenor Sounds, Kylr to my friends, and I just wanted to introduce myself to these here forums!

I'm a 22 y/o dude, fan of MLP, working as a Software Engineer and playing a bunch of video games. I love hanging-out on message boards, RPing, and generally having a grand-old time with friends.

Hello and welcome to these forums. A software engineer? May I ask for what kind please?

• Brohoof 1

I'm Rece Wagner. I am 14 y/o and currently on summer break. I play a lot of videogames and like going on YouTube. I hope to start a channel of my own someday. 

• Brohoof 1

Hello and welcome to these forums. A software engineer? May I ask for what kind please?

Sure you can! Web apps, mostly. I've only been at my current job for a year or so, but I'm learning a lot! JavaScript/JQuery, XML, Ruby, CSS, that sort of thing.

Hello darling, and welcome to MLP Forums! My day has been simply magnificent, thank you so much for asking.

Join me for tea later?

I'd love to.

I'm Rece Wagner. I am 14 y/o and currently on summer break. I play a lot of videogames and like going on YouTube. I hope to start a channel of my own someday. 

Cool beans! I actually just started a YouTube channel myself a couple months ago, post-up Let's Plays and the like for video games. Let me know if you'd like a link, I'm always looking for feedback! I'll be sure to return the favor when you get your channel up and running :)

• Brohoof 1

Sure you can! Web apps, mostly. I've only been at my current job for a year or so, but I'm learning a lot! JavaScript/JQuery, XML, Ruby, CSS, that sort of thing.

I'd love to.

Cool beans! I actually just started a YouTube channel myself a couple months ago, post-up Let's Plays and the like for video games. Let me know if you'd like a link, I'm always looking for feedback! I'll be sure to return the favor when you get your channel up and running :)

I'd love a link. I love checkin out new channels. I'm more of a countdown guy myself but let's play's are something i would like to do.

• Brohoof 1

I'd love a link. I love checkin out new channels. I'm more of a countdown guy myself but let's play's are something i would like to do.

Here ya go

Beware, the only game I got up right now is a scary one!

Welcome, TenorSounds :)

It's great to have you join the community! I hope that you enjoy your stay!

• Brohoof 1

I came to say hi because I thought I'd regret it if I didn't so... welcome to the forums! Hope we can get to be great friends and also hope you meet a lot more! Have a basket of muffins and some chocolate milk and let the party begin! I'm also curious... would you recommend me to be a Software Engineer too?

• Brohoof 1

I came to say hi because I thought I'd regret it if I didn't so... welcome to the forums! Hope we can get to be great friends and also hope you meet a lot more! Have a basket of muffins and some chocolate milk and let the party begin! I'm also curious... would you recommend me to be a Software Engineer too?

So long, and thanks for all the fish...I mean muffins. I mean hello.

Hello! I would recommend software engineering to anyone! Specifically, I believe that everyone, regardless of age or income or whatever, is capable of and can benefit from learning computer programming skills; it's like learning a new language, the language of computers, a language that is becoming more and more prevalent as technology advances. A good place to start is codecademy.com, it starts up right away with basic concepts and is a great way to easy anyone into computer programming. Codeschool.com is also good, mostly videos but it's not free.

Pro(?) tip, HTML5 is a good base! JavaScript is good for making web apps/games, CSS if you want to get into the web-design side of things (though I'd recommend learning it regardless, it's very useful). The great thing about learning programming is it's like learning to play a musical instrument; the first one is tough, having to memorize a bunch of completely new concepts and work your brain in a way it's not used to, but after that the rest are significantly easier because the proper base and concepts have been established.

Good luck!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

Ack! Deja-vu. I sent a link to CodeCademy to a friend i made on the forums not too long ago. How weird! Anyway, that's pretty awesome! I'm a Computer Science major, and into programming and coding myself (though i started with classic C, then C++ and then a bunch of other stuff i got my hands on during my free time).

I enjoy gaming as much as the next guy, so feel free to throw me a message. My internet has been atrocious lately, but it's a problem i intend to address soon. We should play something, sometime.

It's great to have you on the forums, and i'm sure everyone here would enjoy having you around!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wooohoo!! Go RP, probably see ya around frequently then. Welcome to the Forum!

And sleep well (haha beat to the punch on that one), tell ya 'bout my day some other time.

Edited by Bada3oom Box
  • Brohoof 1

Welcome to the forums TenorSounds! It's sooo nice to meet a fellow LGBT member! :);):D

• Brohoof 1

So long, and thanks for all the fish...I mean muffins. I mean hello.

Hello! I would recommend software engineering to anyone! Specifically, I believe that everyone, regardless of age or income or whatever, is capable of and can benefit from learning computer programming skills; it's like learning a new language, the language of computers, a language that is becoming more and more prevalent as technology advances. A good place to start is codecademy.com, it starts up right away with basic concepts and is a great way to easy anyone into computer programming. Codeschool.com is also good, mostly videos but it's not free.

Pro(?) tip, HTML5 is a good base! JavaScript is good for making web apps/games, CSS if you want to get into the web-design side of things (though I'd recommend learning it regardless, it's very useful). The great thing about learning programming is it's like learning to play a musical instrument; the first one is tough, having to memorize a bunch of completely new concepts and work your brain in a way it's not used to, but after that the rest are significantly easier because the proper base and concepts have been established.

Good luck!  :muffins:

Thank you a lot sir! I'll try CodeCademy out! But seriously, thanks a lot for that, you really helped me. Have some fish as gratitude  :derp:

Long may your stay in the forums be! :) Hope to see you around.

• Brohoof 1