Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will Hasbro C&D the entire fandom?

RainbowPastel

A house divided cannot stand. If Hasbro C&Ded the entire fandom, then they would lose a major source of income and viewership. They would lose much of the awareness and spreading that made the show so mainstream in the first place. Everywhere I go, I can see merchandise related to MLP, from shirts to dolls. If it weren't for us really, none of that would really take off. 

It's my understanding that they only C&D fan content that looks too close to the show, enough that it might be mistaken as something that Hasbro made. Otherwise I think they generally stand out of the fan's way.

• 4 weeks later...

For the love of Celestia's solar rump are we STILL trying to say Hasbro is out to get bronies?

Hasbro has a third party legal team handling the copyright shenanigans. Sometimes this team who is not really affiliated with Hasbro and Youtubes automated system does its rounds they are just doing their jobs. Sometimes things happen, and if they are in the wrong Hasbro makes up for it. Last I heard the guy who did the ButtonMash shorts Jananimations was in talks with Hasbro on getting a deal after his stuff was taken down without Hasbro even being notified.

They LIKE the fanbase, they keep storerooms of fanart that inspired Equestria girls, and probably used our music to inspire the second one. Chillax.

For the love of Celestia's solar rump are we STILL trying to say Hasbro is out to get bronies?

Hasbro has a third party legal team handling the copyright shenanigans. Sometimes this team who is not really affiliated with Hasbro and Youtubes automated system does its rounds they are just doing their jobs. Sometimes things happen, and if they are in the wrong Hasbro makes up for it. Last I heard the guy who did the ButtonMash shorts Jananimations was in talks with Hasbro on getting a deal after his stuff was taken down without Hasbro even being notified.

They LIKE the fanbase, they keep storerooms of fanart that inspired Equestria girls, and probably used our music to inspire the second one. Chillax.