Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I would trade the rest of my life for one moment like this.

Justin_Case001

I was playing the youtube related game yesterday (clicking related videos and seeing where it takes you), and I stumbled on the TwiDash Hearts and Hooves day video.  I'm sure most of you are all like "been there, done that," but I've never looked into this stuff before.  I've only been here a few months, and so far I've never really been interested in shipping of any kind.  I have nothing against it, mind you, just wasn't interested.  But I was curious, and, after all, when you're playing the related video game, you have to watch, not matter how weird you think it may be.  I was half expecting something NSFW, which honestly wouldn't have bothered me, either.  Regardless of my preferences, I simply don't get offended by any sort of media.  I respect and tolerate the rights of others to create whatever they wish.  It's my choice whether or not to watch it.  The only thing that actually offends me is if someone is hateful and intolerant of others.

That said, I watched the video, and was pleasantly surprised.  Furthermore, I was surprised at how much I liked it.  Admittedly, at first a small part of me thought, oh this is kinda wrong.  They're just supposed to be friends--they're not supposed to be doing this.  But then, as I often do, I stopped and asked myself, Why not?  When I did that, I immediately appreciated how beautiful this little story was.  That's certainly not to say that I would want something like this to happen on the show, but as an unrelated little fan story, I honestly thought it was one of the sweetest and most beautiful things I've ever seen.  I'm going to go ahead and embed it now, in case there's any ponies, like me, who were late to the party and don't know what I'm talking about.

Some of the related videos are a little less sweet and innocent, but as I said, nothing like that offends me.  But this one was so well done.  The main reason I brought it up is because it reminded me of my own aching lonliness.  I'm 28, a virgin, never even been on a date.  Cheesy as it may sound, I dream of finding my true love more than anything in the world.  The fact is, I would trade the rest of my life for one moment like this.  Let's say I was given two choices: The first choice is that I live a long and successful life, alone.  I can have friends, but I'll never find romance.  The second: I get to meet my true love and we get to share one moment like this.  And then I die.  I would choose the latter in a heartbeat.  I wouldn't even think about it.  I would give up everything I have, and trade every day of the rest of my life for one, just one beautiful moment like this, no matter how fleeting.  Be it a day, an hour, a minute; it would be worth more to me than an eternity of anything else.

inb4 "Relationships are not all they're cracked up to be, they don't instantly solve problems, they're hard work.  You can be happy alone.  You're the most important person you have, etc."  Yes, I understand that.  And I don't disagree.  That's good advice.  But no one can truly understand how another feels, and no one can really tell another what they need to happy.  This is how I feel.  This is what I need.  It doesn't mean that's all there is to life, but it's the most important aspect to me.  And the only reason I keep going, keep trying, is because there's always hope, no matter how seemingly infinitesimal.

Like Chuck Noland said, "I know what I have to do now.  Gotta keep breathing.  Because tomorrow the sun will rise.  And who knows what the tide could bring."

• Brohoof 5

Daaaaw. I don't usually ship Twidash, bit that was pretty cute.

I'm sort of with you there. I'm 21 and languishing in Forever Alone territory. But I think that friendship can be just as meaningful as romance. My time for romance will come when I'm ready for it, but I think I can be happy with my friends. Romance might seem so appealing because it's something you and I haven't experienced, but don't let it blind you from the truely great things outside of it. There can be beauty of that nature in other things as well.

P.s. I'm never sure if the source filmmaker ponies look really good or really creepy.

I would trade the rest of my life for a moment of true inner peace. No inner monologues going on, no constant inbred alertness, constantly checking my surroundings for enemies that I haven't faced in what feels like an eternity. No worrying, no thinking, no planing , no watching. None of those habits that were taught to me by the military, and forced into unconscious action by my experience.

Just one moment, just one single moment of contentness. Just one moment of peace, alone on the mountain top. I'd trade the rest of my life for that.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't trade the rest of my life for it, but it would be really nice to meet someone I can see myself spending the rest of my life with. I've had relationships, but none of them ever had the kind of deep emotional connection that would make me think "Yes, I want to be with this person forever."

I'm a very independent type of person though. While it would be lovely to find someone to share my world with, I'm content on my own if it never does happen. While your primary need in life may be love, I think mine is freedom.

I probably wouldn't. I'd rather live my life to the fullest. As for the video, I saw it before, and it's simple, yet incredible. Argodaemon(The maker of the video), makes some of the best SFM pony videos. You should check out his other videos. He has another video like the one you posted. 

Even if the Source Flimmaker Pony models don't look that good...  :(

Awww!!  :wub: 
That was the most adorable thing I've EVER seen! 

I don't think they're that bad. They've definitely improved since the first Gmod models. :P

That was really sweet.  The part where RD scooted up to Twi and did the "smooth" wing thing was very cute.  I...  Did not ship TwiDash before this.  I mean, I shipped Dashie with practically everyone else lol...  But now I'd probably be okay even if this *did* happen in the show. xD  (Though RainbowPie is my OTP.)

I'm not going to judge how you feel; that would be stupid, pointless, and insensitive.  The heart wants what it wants - believe me, I know.  I think I can empathize to some degree.  I'm actually a bit older than you...  And still a virgin.  And will in all likelihood always be a virgin, as I'm a severely obsessive compulsive agoraphobe with an aversion to touch.  It's not in the cards for me.  I've been in one sorta irl relationship (online) that left me utterly crushed.  Text on a screen...  Obliterated me.  And made me bitter, sometime thereafter.  It was years until I was able to - or wanted to - "love again."  I'm currently in an imaginary relationship with an animated pegasus pony. xD  And I'm okay with that.  She has actually helped to partially heal or reawaken my heart, as sappy as that sounds.  And I don't feel...  Quite so alone.  Don't feel quite the same, occasional pangs of longing.  I don't know why I'm even telling you all this, unless it's because you were very open and brave in sharing the original post.  And that you strike me as a very open-minded and nonjudgmental type.  *shrugs*

• Brohoof 1

I'm not much of a TwiDash shipper, but that video was fantastic and really heartwarming.

Though I wouldn't really trade my life for a moment like that. I'm still young and while I'm not in a relationship at the moment, I still have plenty of time to do so when I'm ready for it.

I don't know why I'm even telling you all this, unless it's because you were very open and brave in sharing the original post.  And that you strike me as a very open-minded and nonjudgmental type.  *shrugs*

Thank you.  That means a lot.

I...  Did not ship TwiDash before this.  I mean, I shipped Dashie with practically everyone else lol...  But now I'd probably be okay even if this *did* happen in the show. xD

Yeah.  Honestly, if this actually happened for real on the show, I would love it.  I'm not saying it should happen, not even saying I want it to happen.  But hypothetically, if it did, I would love it, no doubt about it.  But I've always loved meaningful romance.  Duh, right?

Actually, if I'm completely honest, if they did this on the show, my reaction would go something like this:

• Brohoof 1