mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Here this one is for all you Slipknot fans out there, because you guys are fucking maggots. Hahahah get it? Maggots LOL.

I'm going to try to learn how to play this song.

• Brohoof 2

anypony who who loves doom sill never stay away from this. infact, i already listened to this over and over. so plug your earphones turn it all the way up and smile as you bleed out from the head truama you're about to experience called bliss.

• Brohoof 1

anypony who who loves doom sill never stay away from this. infact, i already listened to this over and over. so plug your earphones turn it all the way up and smile as you bleed out from the head truama you're about to experience called bliss.

That's funny because I've just finished Doom on hurt me plenty with brutal mod, and now I'm playing it again on Black Metal (the highest difficulty with brutal mod). I must say that this game is so much better than all those crappy shooters we're getting these days (yes, you CoD!)

Anyway, to keep it on topic:

Why is this thread so dead lately? Damn, man.

I'm beginning to listen to DIllinger again after hearing Prancer, and they are alot better than I ever gave them credit for. They really prove you can be heavy without blast beats and breakdowns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E4IgUww2Yc

Also, what's your favorite anime? Bored as hell recently and in the mood for something good to watch.

I don't really think that this thread is too dead, maybe not getting as much attention, but the Metal thread is far from dead

Also, what's your favorite anime? Bored as hell recently and in the mood for something good to watch.

Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt

Watch it

And also since this is the metal thread and to keep this post relevant, here's an Isis song

• Brohoof 2

Taking a quick break from homework to post.  Listening to some Disarmonia Mundi.  Melodeath is my go to choice while working:

I've been getting into Last Exile recently.  If you like airships/ steampunky themed animes, its for you.  Plus, if you have Netflix, it's all up there. 

Panty & Stocking With Garterbelt

laugh.png  Haha, this is one funny ass anime.  I would recommend watching it.  

• Brohoof 1

Oh come on now, this thread is far from dead.

I'm going to leave some Cannibal Corpse here.

And some Deicide because,well why not?

• Brohoof 1

This thread isn't really so dead. Maybe undead, I guess, because metal zombies.

Glad I found this thread! Metal Bronies? I'm home! Since it's snowing balls how about some Amon Amarth. Snow always makes me listen to viking metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3WJX1cIuY4

Dudebro, I'm listening to some Amon Amarth right now. Their latest album is currently my favourite, as is Johan Hegg's sexy beard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYskE011SxY

And I'm psyked as fuck for their upcoming 2013 release!

• Brohoof 2

Djenty showed me the magic of hardcore punk several months ago, but back then I thought it sounded just like noise.

huehuehue

I'm going to leave some Cannibal Corpse here.

Cannibal Corpse is why metal is never taken seriously. :(

Yuru Yuri :3 I'm watching Spice & Wolf right now, though.

And also since this is the metal thread and to keep this post relevant, here's an Isis song

tfw I went to a record store today and saw Pelican and Russian Circles but didn't buy them

I did get The Wonder Years - The Upsides, The Velvet Underground & Nico, and Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise, however. :3

• Brohoof 1

Cannibal Corpse is why metal is never taken seriously.

Bro, are you kidding me? Chris Barnes is like one of the most influential metal vocalists ever. 

Guess I'll post some Death because, why not? It's an awesome Judas Priest cover in my opinion.

Black Lagoon.

On topic: Posted a song by these guys a while back. Absolutely fantastic band from Lebanon. Filthy and evil in all the right places, its like black metal, crust punk and just a touch of industrial here and there, all in one ugly little package.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phNwHEQ-3hQ

Now these two bands are certainly not the heaviest. But I saw them both live at the same concert, and they were both fucking insane. They sounded studio quality I swear. Its been the best concert I've gone to so far.

This is a local band from Aus, they were support and fucking amazing. Some kid dove like 9-10 meters from the balcony into the mosh pit during their set. It was wicked.

Enter Shikari. What can I say. They radiate energy and their set was just amazing. You mightn't like their sound, but I think its genious. 

(edited)

Quick post from work since I have the time.

Lately I've been having epic Within The Ruins feels, their new album is fucking rad.

Not to mention the new Hundredth, Defeater, and Gideon.

Oh, and Grieves.  Not metal, but you're missing out if you don't check him out.

Edit: Home now!  Have some Capsize.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I20cZd3K0Ko

Mmmm Melodic Hardcore.

Edited by Crispy

Cannibal Corpse is why metal is never taken seriously. 

I gotta agree with you there, I never did like Cannibal Corpse at all. If If I were to ever wanna listen to a Death Metal band from the same sort of time period as Cannibal Corpse, I'd prefer Morbid Angel, but that might just be my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Ya know, I might actually be able to get into death metal if it wasn't for the vocals. I just can't stand them most of the time. Like for example, I'll like the instrumental stuff, but then when the vocals come in, it just ruins it for me and I can't get into it.

There's nothing wrong with that at all, it's completely understandable, I myself am not a huge Death Metal fan at all, not because of the vocals but because it's not something that I'm really huge on. You mentioned about not liking the vocals in Death Metal, maybe you should try out Opeth, they're not a 100% pure Death Metal band, but they're a band that might appeal more to the masses than other Death Metal bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvLn8j4c5l4

I gotta agree with you there, I never did like Cannibal Corpse at all. If If I were to ever wanna listen to a Death Metal band from the same sort of time period as Cannibal Corpse, I'd prefer Morbid Angel, but that might just be my opinion.

Oh come on now. Eaten Back to Life is a solid release. Although, I admit that I'm only into their stuff with Chris Barnes.

Ya know, I might actually be able to get into death metal if it wasn't for the vocals. I just can't stand them most of the time. Like for example, I'll like the instrumental stuff, but then when the vocals come in, it just ruins it for me and I can't get into it.

Gee... that's sure is a shame. I actually enjoy the vocals quite a bit but, then again there's plenty of metalheads out there who dislike black metal and grindcore. But ya know, some stuff just isn't for everybody. Maybe you should give melodic death metal a try.

If you don't like growly vocals (GRAAAAAAH GROOOOOH GRUUUUUH) or overly splatty, dipthongy screaming (BWAAAAAH BWAAAYOOOOWAYAAAAAAH), because I'm sure you've heard both and that's what's turning you off....

Try bands like Isis or Mastadon who, in my opinion, are good singers.  I've noticed a couple metal bands lately starting to sing like TypeONegative- an industrial/gothic band and it gives a cool creepy vibe while still pleasing the ear.  Can't think of an example off the top of my head.

OR! Go for something left field wacky like these guys:

Finnish folk metal makes me grin like an idiot.

Knock knock! Who's there? Gettuda! Gettuda who? GET TO DA CHOPPA!

I'm in mood for melodeath. Could you guys recommend me some bands (except Amon Amarth which I know)?

Solution .45 (Because Chris Alvestam)

Scar Symmetry (But only the releases with Chris Alvestam in it)

Miseration (Their first release is slightly more melodic than traditional, also Chris Alvestam)

The Few Against Many (Chris Alvestam)

Torchbearer (Guess who?)

But like, are you looking for the modern MDM stuff or earlier melodeath?

Also, Chris Alvestam.

M_jxvwMl9PA.jpg

• Brohoof 3

On the topic of Cannibal Corpse, I will have to agree to some extent that they are a contribution to the genericism of metal, but they do a good/decent job at what they do, so I won't complain. Besides, I'm not a GIGANTIC fan of Death Metal in the first place.

On the melo-death note, I'm not a fan of the majority of the genre, almost to the point of complete dislike.

--

On ANOTHER note...

Black Lagoon.

I will second this. The Roberta OVA was fucking intense.

• Brohoof 2

I'm assuming you've heard their newer album?  One of the best metal albums of last year by far.  Alvestam has a throat of adamantium damn.

BFFFFFFFFFFF it's awesome that you mention it! That album certainly is amazing, in fact, it's my desktop background since just yesterday! Just took a screenshot, this is Xubuntu BTW. Installed the OS just yesterday.

First the Amon Amarth coincidence, now this? Dude holy shit.

• Brohoof 1

On the topic of Cannibal Corpse, I will have to agree to some extent that they are a contribution to the genericism of metal, but they do a good/decent job at what they do, so I won't complain. Besides, I'm not a GIGANTIC fan of Death Metal in the first place.

tumblr_m8qb0pcZSb1r73qq5o1_500.jpg

Well, you heard him.

Yea, so what with all the Cannibal Corpse hate on here? Were you guys force fed broken glass and then fucked with a knife or something?

• Brohoof 1