What do you think is the best kind of fanfic (for mlp)

Crystal Mint

That really comes down to personal opinion. With MLP, I'm a sucker for Romance fics. For general stories, I'm all about Science Fiction and Adventure stories. I don't think there is a "best" genre to affix to any show.

oOo RIP Forums Writing Centre ;_; oOo

I've read fanfics and heard of fanfics which are good within all kinds of genres, so really i feel like it's more about if the writer is capable of pulling it off or not.

I think if your just asking about the genres which are closest to what the show generally is then I think slice of life and adventure are generally common in MLP episodes, but some are humorous, and some are even sad at times, so it's hard to say.

Really I think if it's done right any of them can work, idk if i'd say there's a "best" plus it's up to personal preference too.

Ru8aWjK.png

Thanks to Gone Airbourne for the awesome sig!

My Oc's,

Ponysona, Bella

It is a pretty subjective answer since it all boils down to preference but my favorite has to go to comedies both for reading as well as writing. Comedies are a lot of fun to write and a well written comedy is always fun to read.

It depends how well it's written really. Any genre can be bad or good depending on the writer. Generally speaking I love a good adventure/comedy/romance. :)

AcXXucv.jpg

Credit to Kyoshi for the awesome signature!