Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post 2014 MLPF World Cup Thread

Inactive01

I'll just post for what was the most entertaining match in my eyes, although I'm fairly certain Scootarella will take home the gold...

The Great and Powerful Trixie vs. Shining Armor was epic in every sense of the word. I remember going to be at 4 a.m. that night, and Trixie had a 10 vote lead. I woke up at 7 a.m. and Shining Armor was winning. 3 hours of sleep, and the lead was lost.

I posted as much as I humanely could in favor of second best pony, but the lead changes were just flat out unreal. My heart was pumping fast - it was the most intense match of the World Cup, in my eyes, and finally, during the last 30 minutes or so, Trixie broke away and came out victorious!!! :D

large.png

It was definitely the hardest fought match in the tourney, in my eyes - Scootarella had an angle to work from, and that was the Cinderella comeback - with The Great and Powerful Trixie vs. Shining Armor, it was just pure action. Lead change after lead change, vote after vote...until the bitter end, we fought hard, and The Great and Powerful Trixie emerged the victor in the match that felt like it'd never end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hsx9xGY9bc

• Brohoof 3

Well i think like this: 

entertainment team: rarity 

Overachiever: twilight 

underachiever rarity because i thought she has a good chance 

Fair poster: pinkameina pills you deserve this Fair and square (also why the hate on me?) 

Most entertaining match: rarity vs derpy she has beaten a pony on mane 6 level of famous 

golden mouse: again pinkameina pills you deserved it man 

Best moment: rarity bible verse it was creative good and fun to read 

The last one: i'll make my choice. So thanks to sterling crimson and thunder wing and PE brony for this amazing world cup! And i hope to see it again in 2018! Until then, see you guys later!  ;)

• Brohoof 1

I'm a bit sad I didn't get to see the Rarity Bible posts.

Yeahh, they were pretty fabulous :D Jeric was the mastermind behind that, though. Definitely was one of the most entertaining parts of the tourney, and, imo, the most entertaining :D

• Brohoof 3

Yeahh, they were pretty fabulous :D Jeric was the mastermind behind that, though. Definitely was one of the most entertaining parts of the tourney, and, imo, the most entertaining :D

I really regret not being involved in the tourney earlier.

There is always next years though.

I'm going to have to pull something big out of my astoundingly deep pocket of tricks to top the infamous Rarity Bible.

Perhaps we should form a coalition of character based religions on the forums?

• Brohoof 4

Good luck and congratulations to everyone nominated, I feel incredibly flattered to have been included in your company :) 

Such a shame its all over :(

I'm a bit sad I didn't get to see the Rarity Bible posts.

They were pretty epic! I Still think Jeric should do a "Prophet of Fabulosity" blog. I totally voted this as best moment!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

My name is on a poll? This is surprising. B)

Of course, I will not vote for myself. There were much more entertaining posts than my speech. So if everyone just acknowledges me as the #1 Twilight fan I'll be happy.

I need to see these "Rarity Bible" posts. They sound funny.

Most entertaining match had to be Trixie/Shining. Very close, and much effort was put into it.

Edited by Science Advocate
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

User based awards are only measured by the amount of presence and acceptance by the forum members. Which means that given enough time anyone can achieve them. But the thing is some refrain from the limelight and they are by far more deserving for the few posts they have made rather than those that were a metric ton more noticeable for their pic spam.

I for example started this tourny on the wrong principle that there would be a little back and forth on the chars. I was dissapointed to see it wasn't but i accepted it. But until that time i got the stain... I even got dissed for saying x would fair better than y against z if you voted for her.

So i voted those that didn't have presence so much but were nice. I didn't want to bother others with my apologies but if i did something wrong you know i just didn't want to act like an attention whore when apologizing.

That being said...

Dear Princess Celestia

I am not special. I am not the winner in this case. I just put the smallest of bricks -my vote- to Twilight who was the winner. I voted the ponies i did, not only because they were awesome, i voted them because they were under-appreciated. When CMC and Derpy clashed with others that got the spotlight more i believed in them. Where none saw a reason to vote them i provided one. When someone didn't see the potential in them i showed them.

I used my vote to show who should be appreciated more, to show that the spotlight doesn't always shine on the heroes of our everyday lives.

You might ask why... Well my favorite pony ((changeling to be correct)) left early but i noticed she wasn't the only unexpected survivor. I realised that these ponies ((and changelings)) that left early were left largely un-noticed because most of them had little to no spotlight time. From that time i decided that even if i was going to be a loser i would be proud of investing my support and my liking to those who were valiant and to those who were unappreciated. But most of all... To those who had future... And potential.

Deep down inside however i know that everyone is a winner. Fair posters or not, those that spent even one post showing genuine competitive spirit and genuine heart and soul, are truly exemplars to the rest of us.

Humble in victory Sportsmanlike in loss.

Your truly NioniosTheRenegade

P.S. Queen Chrysalis says hi!

Edited by NioniosTheRenegade
  • Brohoof 2

Coming sometime this week...

My evaluation of the 2014 MLPF World Cup, both qualifying and the real event. Part I will discuss the World Cup Qualifying Campaign where we had to knock the roster down to 32 characters. 

• Brohoof 3

Just a few things I want to say

1. Scooootaloooooooooooooo

2. "I shall decide this. Sorry for miscommunication... :B" - If this doesn't win ... rage ... rage on you all.

3. I seriously appreciate the comments about the Bible Verses, but Kel Grym ... holy crap ... the guy wrote in verse all damn day for a character he likely knew had no chance. He even uploaded an audio file of one. That takes serious creativity. I mean come on, the guy successfully rhymed orange! Oh, and he is probably damned for all eternity for his transgressions. You want funny? Check out his profile.

4. Finally, I am glad to see a vote for Batbrony. The whole Derpy and Friends theme was a regular highlight. I don't think I properly mentioned that before.

5. Some of the individual awards ... I thought the tournament choices could be rough. Nope.

• Brohoof 7

2. "I shall decide this. Sorry for miscommunication... :B" - If this doesn't win ... rage ... rage on you all.

3. I seriously appreciate the comments about the Bible Verses, but Kel Grym ... holy crap ... the guy wrote in verse all damn day for a character he likely knew had no chance. He even uploaded an audio file of one. That takes serious creativity. I mean come on, the guy successfully rhymed orange! Oh, and he is probably damned for all eternity for his transgressions. You want funny? Check out his profile.

4. Finally, I am glad to see a vote for Batbrony. The whole Derpy and Friends theme was a regular highlight. I don't think I properly mentioned that before.

5. Some of the individual awards ... I thought the tournament choices could be rough. Nope.

I was the one who voted Bat Brony as most entertaining! I also voted your Prophet of Fabulosity as best moment; sorry it was MY favorite :D
  • Brohoof 1

You better watch out.

All this praise is gonna go to my head and Ill make an ass out of myself.

J/k...I'm already an ass, and everyone knows it. ;)

Seriously though I appreciate the recognition, and am very flattered.

However I do believe you're mistaken about my profile. I used to have a funny about me section.

Pinkamena deleted it and ever since I got my profile back I haven't taken the time to update it to its former glory.

But thanks for reminding me abiut it, lol.

Ill try to remedy that when I get off work.

• Brohoof 2

Does anyone have any idea what page the Rarity Bible was on? Just the name makes out sound hilarious, I need to see this. :lol:

It was in the Rarity knockout matches, I believe. I know it showed up in Rarity vs Discord, since that was where I got my Jeric quote. Here's one.

• Brohoof 3

It was in the Rarity knockout matches, I believe. I know it showed up in Rarity vs Discord, since that was where I got my Jeric quote. Here's one.

OMG I forgot about the Flash Sentry post.

"And all would love him"

;)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I admit i voted KelGrym as most entertaining poster but...

C'mon Guys,I Bring The Awkwardness Funny

impressed_twilight_sparkle_by_strumfreak

This overly Large Photo Of EQG Twilight Mimicking My Face Proves This.

...Yes?

8fe.png

(Thank you to everyone who voted for me,i really appreciate it)

tumblr_m7h2jx4ohH1qe1e2v.gif

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 3

I admit i voted KelGrym as most entertaining poster but...

C'mon Guys,I Bring The Awkwardness Funny

impressed_twilight_sparkle_by_strumfreak

This overly Large Photo Of EQG Twilight Mimicking My Face Proves This.

...Yes?

8fe.png

(Thank you to everyone who voted for me,i really appreciate it)

tumblr_m7h2jx4ohH1qe1e2v.gif

Eeyup; I couldn't bring myself to vote for myself either; which is why I voted for you as "most fair poster!"
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

That's fantastic, thanks. :lol:

I'll see if I can get together all the posts and put them in one big document. That way everyone can attain true Fabulosity.

Edited by Archi the Atmomancer
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

That's fantastic, thanks. :lol:

I'll see if I can get together all the posts and put them in one big document. That way everyone can attain true Fabulosity.

Crap, now I need to go and edit for grammar. I actually sent KelGrym all the links where I referenced any biblical verses or stories.

:D

Edited by Jeric
  • Brohoof 1