Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Post 2014 MLPF World Cup Thread

Inactive01

(edited)

Well, in just 3 hours, we are going to end the 2014 MLPF World Cup.

Here you will see who reigns supreme and here you can KINDLY discuss all World Cup results, whether you were happy with your favourite character's final position, and all sorts of other stuff. You can even write a letter to Princess Celestia telling her what you learned from the 2014 MLPF World Cup just for the fun of it!

On this thread though, I have a lot of things to say about the 2014 MLPF World Cup. Come back here at 9:00 pm EST to see the post-2014 MLPF World Cup series begin. Here's what will be in store in the coming days!

1. My list of thank yous and acknowledgements. 
  2. More voting, this time, for AWARDS!
  3. My hopes for the World Cup results
  4. My evaluation of the World Cup (good and bad)
  5. The future of the World Cup.
Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 15

(edited)

Dear Princess Celestia,

I am writing to warn you of the impending doomstack of parchment that will shortly arrive in your study. I hope you have lots of candles because this essay will be a doozy.

~Archi

Edited by Archi the Atmomancer
  • Brohoof 4

You can even write a letter to Princess Celestia telling her what you learned from the 2014 MLPF World Cup just for the fun of it!

Dear Princess Celestia,

This cup, I learnt that one of the most intense matches of the tourney pitted you against a tiny orange pegasus with no cutie mark from a small town who is alternately referred to as a dodo, a chicken, or a squirt.

She won.

i-PDtZwdt.gif

P.S. You're my favorite princess and I'd support the Solar Empire if there was ever a civil war in Equestria please and thank you!  :squee:

• Brohoof 5

All this vote changing has pretty much killed my interest in the final round. I think using the poll system is convenient, but vulnerable to things like vote-changing and duplicate accounts. A contest based on voting by posts might be considered, even if it would be much more work to administrate.

Dear Princess Trollestia,

In the 2014 World Cup, I've learned that by spamming everyone with adorable Rainbow Dash or Twilight Sparkle pictures, 

you really can give everypony on the planet diabetes.

Your faithful student,

Sparlight Twikle~

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It has been a see-saw affair from the very beginning... I've lost count at how many lead changes we've had at the 2014 MLPF World Cup final... But such is the affair of the World Cup final. Games are the most intense. Every vote counts, and every vote makes a difference. Anything can happen at a World Cup final, and this one's no exception! Over the past month, we have gone through trials and tribulations of all kinds for our favourite character. We've had close encounter after close encounter for much of the Knockout Stages at the 2014 MLPF World Cup, particularly the quarterfinals onward. It's been a long and arduous road to World Cup glory for both characters... but for one of them... their goal has been reached, and eternal glory awaits them.... but for the other... it will be a huge wall on their way between them and the trophy... They have come so close... and yet remain so far...

Ladies and gentlemen... it's been a long road that began from December 2013... And now we have arrived. Ladies and gentlemen... your 2014 MLPF World Cup champion...

vector__twilight_sparkle_by_theimortalis

FINAL SCORE:

TWILIGHT SPARKLE: 158

FLUTTERSHY: 155

The streamers are alight for the 2014 MLPF World Cup winner! She has received a medal of honour for her endeavours, and will get her World Cup trophy, provided someone MAKES ONE FOR ME!!! I MADE A REQUEST FOR IT AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN A TROPHY DONE YET!!! DAMN IT!!!!!

Oh well. Coming up next. The thank yous.

Before I go get my thank you post ready, here's the list of all the Knockout Stage results:

post-1689-0-65904100-1405296035_thumb.png

Edited by Sterling Crimson
  • Brohoof 12

Congratulations Twilight! If I had known I would have drawn a trophy :(