IQ and how intelligent you are

Discordly Cutiepie

I am convinced that I am a moron or some type of fool. It's a very simple thing to do. I don't know how easy it is, but it's certainly simple enough to do.

For one, I have taken several of these tests through out my lifetime, several of which were taken at varying institutions, and upon averaging them together (again, in the most simple and crude of ways...) it results in a 147.

The number is meaningless, as scores of us have so boldly stated here and there, and it likely always will be. Along with the sheer diversity of tests on the internet and off, there is also the individual's personal aptitudes to take into account. My math skills aren't up to snuff, and my linguistic skills seem fabricated at times. My analytical skills contain traces of mental and logical cancer, and my argumentative traits tend to be too yielding.

I can't accept any such score when I know that I have so much to work on.

Maybe if I come into class wearing a funny hat, I will feel more like what I believe my averaged score should have been.

IQ tests are more a test of your problem solving skills and pattern recognition - often linked to intelligence, but not an indication thereof.

I got 137 in mine, but dear christ was it fucking boring. It's almost more a test of patience.

I took one of those online tests for sh*ts and grins awhile back.  I forget what I got (that's how little I care), but it wasn't good.  Far below average, I think.  But the fact is that I'm extremely intelligent.  The IQ test I took was basically "how fast can you solve arithmetic problems in your head?"  It was just a number crunch game, and if you took too long to answer, you were penalized.  And if you answered incorrectly, you were penalized.  Yeah, real great measure of intelligence.  You want to know a better way to measure intelligence?  Walk up to someone, say, "Hi, how ya doin?"  And talk to them for about five minutes.  You'll get a far better sense of their intelligence than any IQ can give.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

One-hundred and twenty-two, but that's the test treating me like a normal person when really I have mild autism. However, I don't one-hundred percent trust the accuracy of the intelligence quotient. Things such as cultural biases, unforseen disabilities, and the possibility of the test taker simply having a bad day are all factors to consider.

Also, here's a quote from the website:

Edited by Asterisk Propernoun

IQ tests arent really accurate.basic intelligence cant be measured by numbers in my opinion.Anyways I think my intelligence is average.I made it this far in life right?

I have an IQ of 148. I have a way with thinking, and i constantly value the pursuit of knowledge. I have this natural curiosity, and i like to explore new things. I read a lot, and i like tempering my intellect. However... i'm often hindered in academics and other learning pursuits because I'm terribly lazy. 

That being said, IQ usually means nothing nowadays, it seems. I know people who have higher IQ than me and are humble janitors... and in reverse, i know ones with lower IQ than me that do better on most of their exams.

Everyone is gonna be like I have an IQ of like atleast 100. I have an IQ of 72 if i can remember last time I checked. It is either mid to slight mental retardation. I dont know some charts out them in different categories.

(edited)

that website.... costs me money.......

BOO!

EDIT

*five seconds later*

(they send the email before they make you pay, lol)

I got 131. is that any good?

Edited by PonyFan101

• 1 month later...

IQ is mostly based not on your knowledge but the speed reaction of your brain. You're still more intelligent than most beings on this planet, and that's already saying a lot.

I'm proud to have an IQ of 134, however.

I don't know my IQ, and, to be honest, I don't care to know it. I don't need anymore potential reasons to feel incompetent compared to everybody else.