Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

IQ and how intelligent you are

Discordly Cutiepie

(edited)

My IQ is 69 i am technically a retard but i dont like being called that it takes me long to type stuff and i cant spell correct or use gramma (couldent tell could you)

anyway whats everyone elses IQ (if you dont know it then here http://www.iqtest.com/ it cant really be 100% because its just a website)

i did a realy test but if you dont know your IQ then just tell me things like how smart you are (or stupid i dont care :P)

Edited by Discordly Chaos

IQ is not the end all be all of how intelligent someone really is. The test itself can be flawed, or administered incorrectly for someone.

As for myself, I personally don't put much thought in this. It's not modesty, it's just that I have what I need. I have a good memory, can read and comprehend well and with relatively decent speed, I have a knack for understanding patterns in complex systems, can help the kids with homework, and love writing. As long as I can read, write, and function at my job ... I have no vested interest in being considered smarticles.

• Brohoof 9

It better be, 'cause that's mine as well.

From what I've read, having an IQ of 107 is the normal range. I suppose that's good enough.

IQ is not the end all be all of how intelligent someone really is. The test itself can be flawed, or administered incorrectly for someone.

As for myself, I personally don't put much thought in this. It's not modesty, it's just that I have what I need. I have a good memory, can read and comprehend well and with relatively decent speed, I have a knack for understanding patterns in complex systems, can help the kids with homework, and love writing. As long as I can read, write, and function at my job ... I have no vested interest in being considered smarticles.

This is generally how I feel about it. It's just there to tell you that "Oh, you're an idiot, or a supreme genius." .-.

I just did it for the hell of it, and got an average rating.

I took an IQ test years ago when I was still in school, my score was 132. I remember hearing something like 150 and above is "genius" level, but I could be remembering incorrectly on that.

IQ has nothing to do with intelligence and common sense.

I won't post mine. Maybe because I took my last test when I was nine and I can be much more stupid than I was back then.

Also, don't trust any on-line tests. They tell you you're super smart and stuff everytime.

• Brohoof 3

Many scientists admit that IQ tests are fixed and aren't accurate to the point that even an autistic genius may only pass with a 55.

On an online IQ test, I got a 102. Most of the IQ tests in that one were "how many letters are in this sentence" and such. I did better in questions that dealt with complex patterns.

Also, don't trust any on-line tests. They tell you you're super smart and stuff everytime.

There are IQ tests that are hosted by colleges and Universities.

I put 0 faith in IQ tests. They are no real test of intelligence. The questions are usually things like, "What shape comes next in the pattern." Bah! Come back to me when you've taken some classes in advanced mathematics. 

People can be good at different subjects, And some people are just dumb all around. You can separate people into a few broad categories. There are technical fields, like math, physics, or engineering. Then there are soft fields, like biology, history, or art.

Basically, it is possible to talk to someone and figure out how smart that person is. Are they capable of talking about abstract concepts? Do they understand mathematical concepts? Are they capable of putting together thoughtful sentences? Do they only want to talk about beer and trucks?

• Brohoof 4

TBH, there are too many factors to truly tell your IQ, but my IQ, from when I last took it in HS, was 121.    And the funniest part is............im a lazy individual who doesn't like to read, yet analyzing information in a certain way.    However, we all have our own thinking methods so, like i said, to truly tell you IQ.................its pretty much, impossible, IMO. 

EDIT: My result is 114.  So pretty much, Im guessing my intelligence range is between 114 - 121.  That's the way I read my IQ. 

First off, I don't like using the we'll mail you thingie (don't trust them not to sell my email).  Second off, I don't think that was necessarily a test of IQ at all.  

IQ is supposedly a test of potential to learn.  And only in the Twilight Sparkle type method -- assuming same effort in.

I doubt you're really a 69.

That's barely fully functional.

105 was mine. I seem to remember taking one a long time ago and it was 135.

Of coruse, I.Q is a poor judgement for testing your Intelligence. It changes every day. 

IQ isn't how intelligent you are, it's your potential to learn. It was originally created to test the educational potential of children and was repurposed for adults later on down the road.

I've taken some online tests before and each time, whether they were legit or not, I've gotten 132.

Considering my previous statement you can take that score as you will.

Of course, I.Q is a poor judgement for testing your Intelligence. It changes every day. 

It depends on what do you mean by intelligence. Is it solving a logical problem? Is it the ability to participate in a thoughtful conversation? Is it something else? That's why I think measuring intelligence is stupid.

• Brohoof 1

I took the IQ test, but it made me give my email, and I'm a little skeptical of those "we'll mail you" things.

Anyway, I think my intelligence level would be average, since I'm pretty good at certain subjects (like French) and awful at other ones (like math). So I guess it balances out.

• Brohoof 1

well my IQ is 69 but i back up that bad number with i cant spell write work fast i get lots of things wrong and i act really stupid like mega stupid

As long as you don't let it hold you back, then your IQ means little. 

The whole Intelligence Quotient system is full of holes anyway.