Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you rank the Mane Six in terms of intelligence?

Azureth

Not just in terms of lots of knowledge but also things such as common sense, knowing a lot of facts, capable of using good judgment etc.? 

I think for me it'd be:

1. Twilight Sparkle.

2. Rarity.

3.Applejack.

4. Fluttershy.

5. Rainbow Dash.

6. Pinkie Pie.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1. Twilight Sparkle (We all know how smart she is so no explanation needed here)

2. Pinkie Pie (Memorized everypony in Ponyville and always plans things decades in advance also one of the few ponies that can keep up with Twilight)

3. Rarity (Shown to be a really competent detective)

4. Fluttershy (Shown to now be capable of solving problems on her own)

5. Applejack (Kind of ignorant some of the time)

6. Rainbow Dash (Pretty sure people already know why)

Edited by Peter16373
  • Brohoof 2

1. Twilight Sparkle - She can do Quantum Physics, and is probably the most intelligent pony within a good few hundred miles of Ponyville. 

2. Pinkie Pie-  She may act really dim, but she has memorized the preferences, names, and locations of THOUSANDS of ponies and other species of sentient beings. Is capable of planning out events for every single last one of them DECADES in advance, and has by far the most detailed and organized mind. 

3. Rarity - Rarity has shown have have very high critical thinking skills, as well as the power to make deduce series of events to a logical conclusion based on evidence and information gathering. 

4. Fluttershy - Fluttershy, as a nature of her love of animals must be very intelligent in terms of medical and biological knowledge concerning a plethora of species of animals. She is seen to work along side of vets, and has shown other clues that suggest she is definitely not the dumbest of the mane six, but I wouldn't put her on the top three. 

5. Applejack - Applejack has a lot of "common sense" knowledge, and has an extreme practical mindset. That, along with the skills one would pick up on living on a farm, I would say she isn't quite "stupid", but more rather ignorant of anything that doesn't have to do with farming. She has shown her ignorance on a multitude of topics many times before. She is basically a A-Typical Ignorant American Southerner. Knows a lot of about everything she grew up around and does for a living, but absolutely nothing about anything else in the entire world. Worst of all, she has at times shown to believe that she knows more about X topic she knows nothing about and will try to stubbornly argue about how she is right. Just like your Typical Ignorant Southerner. Not quite as dumb as the last pony on the list. 

6. Rainbow Dash - It is glaringly obvious that RD is the dumbest pony in the Mane Six. Probably the dumbest pony for miles. I wouldn't say she is "retarded" per se, but as far as general common sense, maturity, critical thinking, and every other facet of intellect, including her ability to have the attention span of a fly, and next to zero ability to actually learn anything, unless she is flying around looking at stuff, she is without a doubt, not just the dumbest pony, but a dumb pony in general. The CMC has been shown to have a higher intellect than RD. 

• Brohoof 3

They all have their own moments of cleverness as well as their moments of thick-headedness. If I had to rank them, I'd guess something like this: 

1. Twilight Sparkle
  2. Rarity
  3. Fluttershy
  4. Pinkie Pie
  5. Applejack
  6. Rainbow Dash
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hello, nice wondering!

I'll rate them under two scenarios, first under day to day circumstances (which is what I think you're asking) and second at their worst judgment scenario.

Normal (day to day):

1. Twilight

2. Rarity

3. Fluttershy

4. Applejack 

5. Rainbow Dash

6. Pinkie Pie

At their own worst judgment scenario (from bad decision making to worse decision making):

1. Applejack (Somepony to Watch Over Me): alright, no one is judging AJ for being overprotective, a lot of parents and big siblings go through that phase, but she's being regressive! She has seen Applebloom helping with chores under supervision for at least a year now, there's no reason at all to childproof all the farm!

2. Rarity (Honest Apple): First she decides to ask someone with no experience to be a fashion judge, ok she had her reason as weird as it was, but then she's seeing how AJ is starting to go over the top with her criticism; then even when they took a break, she didn't call AJ to tell her what was fine and what was wrong about her role as judge; and at the next day she still let it all scale without even a hint to AJ.

3. Twilight (Lesson Zero): yes, she was going through a really stressful issue which had never happened before, but making a friendship problem to help solving it later is childish to say the least.

4. Pinkie Pie (Swarm of the Century): she knows what parasprites are from the beginning yet she tells no one, then when she's trying to assemble her one mare orchestra (and actually asking her friends to help her find the instruments) she doesn't bother to tell them to just listen how she actually knows a way to get rid of the plague and keeps working alone.

5. Fluttershy (Swarm of the Century): parasprites are cute and she loves to care for little creatures, but she just saw what happens when there's only one of them and multiply, she's looking the problem to the eye, working with her team to get rid of them and what did she does? She still kept one. ¬.¬

6. Rainbow Dash (Tanks for the Memories): nothing says bad judgment as much as sabotaging the entire weather factory to the point of explosion (good thing it was snow) for not wanting to accept reality.

*I would've picked AJ from Where the Apple Lies between Twi and Pinkie, but it all happened as a teenager and they're being compared as adults.

Edited by DonMaguz

It depends--there are many different types of intelligence. For instance, you can be extremely knowledgeable about many subjects, yet be too unwise for said knowledge to be of any use to you.

Smartest:

1. Twilight

2. Pinkie (as weird and crazy as she is, she clearly is very intelligent)

3. Fluttershy

4. Rarity

5. Applejack

6. Rainbow Dash

Wisest:

1. Fluttershy?

2. Twilight (later seasons)

3. Applejack

4. Rarity 

5. Pinkie

6.Rainbow

• 3 years later...

In their own  abilities profile:

1. Twilight (genius-level intelligence)

2. Applejack & Pinkie Pie (high intelligence)

3. Fluttershy & Rarity (intelligence)

4. Rainbow Dash (????)--------she is the only member who has no ability in intelligence, but we know from "Testing Testing 1,2,3" that Rainbow Dash has her own way of study, and it was pretty brilliant

I don’t like topics like these lol.  They are  all smart in their own way and dumb in others. 

I have to say to those that say RD is dumb for her inability to learn like others is pretty insulting to those of us who have a hard time learning things the same way others do.   All of her other flaws are fair game though.  

Anyway.  I can’t rank them.  >_>

• Brohoof 4

1. Twilight or Pinkie - I can't decide between the two. Pinkie seems to know about nearly everything... even stuff Celestia doesn't know about.

2. Twilight or Pinkie

3. Rarity - She is clearly very intelligent.

4. Apple Jack - She is not dumb but she can be pretty ignorant at times.

5. Fluttershy - She is pretty average in intelligence imo. Nothing she's does makes me think she was smart or dumb.

6. Rainbow Dash - Besides a few remarks of observation no one else in the show seem to notice, "When you think about it... They don't really help." she's not the smartest person. She's not dumb either but she definitely does the most dumb things.

21 hours ago, AppleButt said:

I don’t like topics like these lol.  They are  all smart in their own way and dumb in others. 

I have to say to those that say RD is dumb for her inability to learn like others is pretty insulting to those of us who have a hard time learning things the same way others do.   All of her other flaws are fair game though.  

Anyway.  I can’t rank them.  >_>

Exactly...:ph3ar:
I can't too, I think TS is the smartest of 6 but she owes it to her friends right? And cmoon... how people can say that RD is dumb. She is the most practical pony ever - sleeples in  Ponyville, hurricane Fluttershy (she is not so stubborn and knows where the line is... similarly in the episode where Scootaloo took offense at her friends. Dash knows what to say subtly and how not to press her) idk - the end in friend - she showed so many times she's cunning and resourceful. She impressed me especially in the episode about the wonderbolts' academy... And I agree that she doesn't like to think too much but it doesn't mean she's stupid. It's the only way to be like her. Think lazily and not too much. It seems to me that if she allowed herself to think more, she would be very helpless and lost. She just prefers to act than whimper like others. If we are to judge her by knowledge, then yes. She's maybe stupid in this part. But she is certainly not unintelligent or valueless. Her light spirit gives her a lot of lovers and haters at the same time.

• Brohoof 2

OK I have slightly different ideas now and also I'm gonna be more specific so: Mane Six ranked by how good they are at math, including some wild guesses: 

1. Twilight Sparkle (duh)
  2. Rarity (probably great at accounting)
  3. Fluttershy (Equestria Girls has shown us that she is very good at it)
  4. Pinkie Pie (she knows many things, but math isn't her greatest skill)
  5. Rainbow Dash (has a learning disability, does fine when she's taught the right way)
  6. Applejack (generally doesn't seem to like math)

• Brohoof 1

1. Twilight Sparkle
  2. Fluttershy
  3. Rarity
  4. Rainbow Dash
  5. Applejack
  6. Pinkie Pie
  • Brohoof 1

1. Applejack. She has so much hands on experience and common sense.

2. Twi. Book and research smart.

3. Rarity is pretty cultured.

4. Fluttershy. Also seems like have decent life skills. And probably patience the learn.

Can't pick between pinkie and dash rly.

1. Twilight.

2. Applejack.

3. Rarity

4. Fluttershy.

5. Pinkie Pie.

6. Rainbow Dash.

Out of them, Rainbow Dash is a fairly arrogant and unintelligent pony and seems easily mislead. Pinkie Pie seems to be intelligent somewhat, due to her Pinkie sense but her actual intelligence is doubtful, but she did manage to organize a whole file folder of all the ponies in the town.

On 2017-07-28 at 6:00 AM, Peter16373 said:

1. Twilight Sparkle (We all know how smart she is so no explanation needed here)

2. Pinkie Pie (Memorized everypony in Ponyville and always plans things decades in advance also one of the few ponies that can keep up with Twilight)

3. Rarity (Shown to be a really competent detective)

4. Fluttershy (Shown to now be capable of solving problems on her own)

5. Applejack (Kind of ignorant some of the time)

6. Rainbow Dash (Pretty sure people already know why)

This list exactly. Pinkie is a fourth wall breaker who also randomly knows precise things you wouldn't expect. Whether it's intellect or literally just some supernatural thing who knows.

Rarity is a successful businesswoman with multiple stores including in the big city.

1. Twilight

I know this is cliche but she‘s definitely the most intelligent of them all, though she tends to be nervous at times. 

2. Applejack

I think she‘s really mature when it comes to important decisions.

3. Fluttershy

4. Rarity

She‘s reckless at times.

5. Pinkie Pie

She sometimes predicts the future, though she‘s not intelligent

6. Rainbow Dash

Well, Twilight is clearly the smart one, and Rainbow is clearly the stupid one, so...

1. Twi

2. Rarity

3. Fluttershy

4. Pinkie (rather, early season Pinkie when she was more brilliant but eccentric)

5. AJ

6. Rainbow

• 4 months later...
On 2017-07-28 at 3:05 AM, DonMaguz said:

Hello, nice wondering!

I'll rate them under two scenarios, first under day to day circumstances (which is what I think you're asking) and second at their worst judgment scenario.

Normal (day to day):

1. Twilight

2. Rarity

3. Fluttershy

4. Applejack 

5. Rainbow Dash

6. Pinkie Pie

At their own worst judgment scenario (from bad decision making to worse decision making):

1. Applejack (Somepony to Watch Over Me): alright, no one is judging AJ for being overprotective, a lot of parents and big siblings go through that phase, but she's being regressive! She has seen Applebloom helping with chores under supervision for at least a year now, there's no reason at all to childproof all the farm!

2. Rarity (Honest Apple): First she decides to ask someone with no experience to be a fashion judge, ok she had her reason as weird as it was, but then she's seeing how AJ is starting to go over the top with her criticism; then even when they took a break, she didn't call AJ to tell her what was fine and what was wrong about her role as judge; and at the next day she still let it all scale without even a hint to AJ.

3. Twilight (Lesson Zero): yes, she was going through a really stressful issue which had never happened before, but making a friendship problem to help solving it later is childish to say the least.

4. Pinkie Pie (Swarm of the Century): she knows what parasprites are from the beginning yet she tells no one, then when she's trying to assemble her one mare orchestra (and actually asking her friends to help her find the instruments) she doesn't bother to tell them to just listen how she actually knows a way to get rid of the plague and keeps working alone.

5. Fluttershy (Swarm of the Century): parasprites are cute and she loves to care for little creatures, but she just saw what happens when there's only one of them and multiply, she's looking the problem to the eye, working with her team to get rid of them and what did she does? She still kept one. ¬.¬

6. Rainbow Dash (Tanks for the Memories): nothing says bad judgment as much as sabotaging the entire weather factory to the point of explosion (good thing it was snow) for not wanting to accept reality.

*I would've picked AJ from Where the Apple Lies between Twi and Pinkie, but it all happened as a teenager and they're being compared as adults.

I disagree with rainbow dash

I can't  list them, I think TS is the smartest of 6 but she owes it to her friends right? And come on... how people can say that RD is dumb. She is the most practical pony ever - sleeples in  Ponyville, hurricane Fluttershy (she is not so stubborn and knows where the line is... similarly in the episode where Scootaloo took offense at her friends. Dash knows what to say subtly and how not to press her) idk - the end in friend - she showed so many times she's cunning and resourceful. She impressed me especially in the episode about the wonderbolts' academy... And I agree that she doesn't like to think too much but it doesn't mean she's stupid. It's the only way to be like her. Think lazily and not too much. It seems to me that if she allowed herself to think more, she would be very helpless and lost. She just prefers to act than whimper like others. If we are to judge her by knowledge, then yes. She's maybe stupid in this part. But she is certainly not unintelligent or valueless. Her light spirit gives her a lot of lovers and haters at the same time.

smarty | My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic | Know Your Meme

Edited by Scootaloo9074090

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-05-26 at 4:43 PM, Starforce said:

1. Twilight.

2. Applejack.

3. Rarity

4. Fluttershy.

5. Pinkie Pie.

6. Rainbow Dash.

Out of them, Rainbow Dash is a fairly arrogant and unintelligent pony and seems easily mislead. Pinkie Pie seems to be intelligent somewhat, due to her Pinkie sense but her actual intelligence is doubtful, but she did manage to organize a whole file folder of all the ponies in the town.

I disagree with rainbow dash

I can't  list them, I think TS is the smartest of 6 but she owes it to her friends right? And come on... how people can say that RD is dumb. She is the most practical pony ever - sleeples in  Ponyville, hurricane Fluttershy (she is not so stubborn and knows where the line is... similarly in the episode where Scootaloo took offense at her friends. Dash knows what to say subtly and how not to press her) idk - the end in friend - she showed so many times she's cunning and resourceful. She impressed me especially in the episode about the wonderbolts' academy... And I agree that she doesn't like to think too much but it doesn't mean she's stupid. It's the only way to be like her. Think lazily and not too much. It seems to me that if she allowed herself to think more, she would be very helpless and lost. She just prefers to act than whimper like others. If we are to judge her by knowledge, then yes. She's maybe stupid in this part. But she is certainly not unintelligent or valueless. Her light spirit gives her a lot of lovers and haters at the same time.

smarty | My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic | Know Your Meme