Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you deal with trolls?

Boxxi The Brony

Use my grammatical prowess to make fun of their terrible grammar until they quit commenting back. (I'm only nice on this website, peeps.)

Depending on the type of troll (many kinds, you'd need a survival/guide book)

Sit back, investigate, gather knowledge, Knowledge is power, hide it well, use it as you see fit.

Report it, ignore it, or if time and the location allows it (without bothering others too much and the like) you could have an interesting conversation.

I have actually gotten interesting discussions out of some supposed to be trolls. I ended up with their knowledge(/perspective) :lol:

Also, having a thicker skin than them helps. Keeping your calm is ultimately better for yourself. Both for your own benefits from the encounter and your "internet reputation"... depending on what kind of reputation you want :P

First thing first: are you sure that 'troll' you see are the real Troll, not just some idiotic brat who just learned how to type various profanities?

A good troll will try to make you angry while acting all innocent. He try to imply it's your fault that you are angry, not his. If you encountered someone who just like to call you names and generally being stupid, that's no troll, that's an ogre

• Brohoof 1

I talk to them on a equle level depending on what they say, if thay seem to show signs of logic i show my respect. i rely dont like seeing a troll get dog piled by Bronies and if i see it go out of hand i'll step in and defend the troll.

you need to remember that were all human and everyone is allowed an opinion even if its out of context and negative.

Here is every step you take to fight a troll!

Scroll VERY slowly to the top right of your browser.

Be very careful as you approach the red X.

Click it, then sigh to yourself.

Then if you're still angry, go outside.

The end.

If I were a troll, knowing that I made someone do this would have me in hysterics. It's so indulgently melodramatic, lol.

It always baffled me how the amateur trolls that would occasionally pop on sites I went on could suck the fun out of everything for nearly everyone. They're not that big a deal and, trust me, most of the "trolls" any of us are seeing are doing it plainly wrong.

I used to rub shoulders with a couple of guys who made trolling into an art. It's a good thing we're occasionally attacked by such novices, lol, take my word on that.

Trolls ? Those are tough bastards, Usually you will need at least a hundred of pikemen in spearwall formation pointing at them, and also a catapult, and you should consider using cavalry on their flanks... uh you mean these trolls ?

Love & Tolerate them in my mind, don't reply. If they are on internet and keep trying, I keep ignoring them. If they keep trying and are IRL, I try to answer them as politely as I can, and if they keep trying even then, ignore :).

I don't think it's good to me mad at them just for trolling. Although it seems stupid, it is not a big deal, not something I can't L&T over.

• 2 years later...

I just treat it lighthearted and laugh about trolls and flamers.

Most of the time, I humor them and talk back. Remember, they're just people too. They want to get on your nerves. If you treat it in a very chill demeanor, most times you can defuse the troll.

• Brohoof 7

I just treat it lighthearted and laugh about trolls and flamers.

Most of the time, I humor them and talk back. Remember, they're just people too. They want to get on your nerves. If you treat it in a very chill demeanor, most times you can defuse the troll.

Thanks, I'll try that next time

• Brohoof 1

Really, the best way to deal with them is to completely ignore them. They feed off getting a rise out of you. Even if they DO make you mad, you can still deprive them the pleasure of knowing that they succeeded. Ignoring them is also the way to get them to stop the fastest, as they will get bored and leave if they don't get what they want.

• Brohoof 9

(edited)

Really, the best way to deal with them is to completely ignore them. They feed off getting a rise out of you. Even if they DO make you mad, you can still deprive them the pleasure of knowing that they succeeded. Ignoring them is also the way to get them to stop the fastest, as they will get bored and leave if they don't get what they want.

The thing is that I commented on a youtube video and people started replying nasty things and my notifications started blowing up so I just deleted my comment. But thanks

Edited by Scarlet Letter

Oh i've been trolled and time and time again the one mistake i've kept making, is 'responding' to them.

Don't reply to them is key though and keeping composure, don't get angry, its only what they want. I know easier said then done!

• Brohoof 3

Oh i've been trolled and time and time again the one mistake i've kept making, is 'responding' to them.

Don't reply to them is key though and keeping composure, don't get angry, its only what they want. I know easier said then done!

Thanks and I made the same mistake

I used to actually be the one who trolled bronies but now I don't anymore I probably won't go back to it but usually all they want is an argument just scare them away or have a really long one and they won't bother you anymore that or they'll get mad.

• Brohoof 1

I used to actually be the one who trolled bronies but now I don't anymore I probably won't go back to it but usually all they want is an argument just scare them away or have a really long one and they won't bother you anymore that or they'll get mad.

Thanks, really appreciate it