request shop i need some sculpting practice! can i make your oc?

PonyFan101

I have recently began sculpting ponies! Not really show accurate, but they are (in my opinion) adorable! I can make them posing (some don't work, i can do (unless you suggest, and i succeed in creating) standing, laying, sitting, and "begging") i have no base mold, so each one is completely unique! I can do pegasai, but their wings must be folded. I have no idea if i am even decent, lol. Please, no highly detailed cutiemarks, it is very stressful to sculpt something that thin with such detail. I am working on images of my past sculptures. 

I dont know if i am commission worthy, so i will sculpt your pony for free! (If you would like to receive said sculpture, I'd simply like for you to pay shipping, if you so choose after the sculpture is presented to you.) 

Also: i am unable to sculpt eyes, so the are all closed, with a line of black, or similar contrasting, color.

Please be gentle!

EDIT:

Please read all of my posts on this thread before posting.

Edited by PonyFan101

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there! :) Considering everything, think I can offer one of my OC's, Arcanel?:

arcanel_reference_sheet_by_xwhitedreamsx

Standing would be nice, if since you can't do open eyes, a nice smile on his face would be good too, if possible :3 And don't worry, folded wings is pretty good to me too ^^ Think that's good enough to help you there?

Oh my god... I would litterally kill for something like this. If anything i would move heaven and earth for shipping funds if needed.

That being said could you do Terra Lionmane? He is in my sig and all pics of him in deviantart also located in sig.

EDIT:pose should be saluting like a royal guard maybe?

Edited by NioniosTheRenegade

Sculpting eh? I'm always willing to lend my OC's to those who are looking for subjects to practice their art with. I've never offered any to a scuplter, but there is a first time for everything.

So I will offer up Puddlejumper. http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/puddlejumper-r1809

She could even just be done up in the same open mouthed, happy pose she is in at the top if you'd like. Or whatever works for you that goes with her character profile.

Can't wait to see some of what you've done.

Ooo, sculpting ponies. I would love to see my OC done if you don't mind doing it.

Any pose you want to go for is fine by me.

Pclh7ki.png

N2zRsUN.png

Cl73I7q.png

Thankies in advance for taking the time to do this. :)

Edited by Haven

My goodness!! I will get loads of practicd now! I am out of clay, but i have scraps, so if my scraps, after being made into a mass of clay, matches any colors, i will get to work. I am hoping to get som  more clay today, so i will have a selection of colors i need to get!

Thank you, i wil  get to work! 

Okay, i have a greyish brown light color. I will start on the bat pony, but i will just do a normal pegasus version

I finished the bat pony's body/tail/wings/head, her wings are normal pegasus wings, but her tail remains. 

I am hoping to sell them some day, but for a much cheaper price than most commissions. People who commission their sculptures now tend to charge 20+ dollars for a scuplture that was a uniform mold, and more for pegasai or unicorns. I'd charge no more than 10 dollars at most, and that'll be with props, like simple books, bags (leather bag), a base, maybe clothes, etc. I mostly just want to gte paid for more clay and shipping. I an working to get images, i am out of state, and the only reason i can access this page is through my tablet. I may manage to have my boyfriend (he is ponyfan102) to post them after i take a picture through a phone and send it to him via facebook.

if anyone has any brown ponies, i can start it now. 

=P I've been working on those all day today. I made two more poses, laying on back and  butt in the air. It is supposed to replicate a playful dog. I also do foals, in the same poses as adults. I will make two ponies interacting if requested.

Most of these ponies were ws, i will be more careful when making ordered pieces 

Those are better than anything I could do. No matter how clearly I can picture something in my mind, I'm not nearly as good with clay as I am at drawing. The sleeping catpony is funny, makes me want to see a pony done in this pose my cat likes to lay around in. We say that he's flashing.  :lol:

Lol =P the cat pony is actually a bat pony that doesn't have a tuft on it's tail yet. 

I am actually horrible at drawing. It seems that i do better with things that are physical, while you do better with flatness. 

@@PonyFan101, Ummm... I had a question? Any idea when mine will be started? Seeing as you started with the rest first, or is it because white clay is harder to get or something like that? XD 

I have a brown pony if you want to take a crack at sculpting her :)

3cc66fb8c9f3c81766a166c37f21ed49.jpg

There's a link to her page in my sig (she's Cocoa Pod)

I'm looking forward to seeing the result!

OR

Since you just posted that you were wondering if someone would request a sculpture of a zebra, I'll also suggest that you sculpt Elixir. I didn't before as he's a blonde zebra and I didn't know if you'd have the colours. His page is also in my sig.

You can do either of these, or both, if you want. :)

Edited by Hibiscus Bloom

I started with a more recent request because i do not have the right colors to do the others! The last few images are the color i had left. I am trying to get more clay! My apologies. I simply don't have enough money to buy anymore clay. The clay i used on the last few ponies was actually all my scrap clay, little bits of color that were too small to make a pony, that were mixed together to make a solid color.this is why i will eventually have commissions, i simply do not have enough money to afford the clay! After i get some more clay, it will be first come, first served.

That'll be fun! I was wondering when someone would suggest a zebra, but i believe that is an okapi! Once i get some clay, you'll be on the list!

If anyone wants to, you can donate a few dollars, so i can afford more clay, and get the job done faster. $5 is enough to buy two small bars of clay, seven is for a pound. If you donate, i will move you to the top of the list, based on how much you donate.

If anyone has any suggestions for poses, please let me know. I still have some grey clay to experiment with new poses.

I assume the pony in your avatar?

I got clay today, but i accidently go clay that doesn't harden. I am trying to get some polymer clay tomorrow. My bad! Once again, any donations will be very useful.

Ive decided that i will begin making requests with the bad clay, so i can post images of what they'll look like when they are done for real.