Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Petition to get a new music forum!

MrJK

Hello! I am making this thread to make a petition for a new thread. (Possibly under Octavia's hall[Which i dont like because it suggests DJ Pon3 is lesser to Octavia, but whatever lol])

It would Be called something like "DJ's Club" Or something along those lines where people can make all their music related threads and share their music they have created. I think this would be a nice addition since right now everyone posts their music related things in Everfree forest. This isn't necessarily important, but i think it would be cool and would clean up the Everfree forest a little more.

And i understand there is a sub-thread for music, but i think it would be better for it to have its own thing for EVERYTHING music related, not just your creations. (On further inspection, that little button under "Non-pony art" Just brings up a search for music threads.)

So, tell me what you think and if you support this idea go ahead and say so! Maybe we can get a new thread! :lol:

Edited by DJ-JK

1) This should probably be in Canterlot Castle as it is a feedback/question

2)There are topics in Octavia's Hall for music, one under the pony section named "Fan music" the other is under the non-pony section named "Music". :)

*facehoof*

MAYBE I SHOULD LOOK AT OCTAVIA'S HALL BEFORE I SAY ANYTHING >.>

• Brohoof 2

But my point is i think it would be awesome if we had an entire Forum. Like the Everfree forest. And it would be for anything music related, since right now things like "What are you listening to right now" Are constantly at the top of everfree forest with tons of posts. I think it would be cool for a place with all that stuff together.

As much as I love music, and this idea (to an extent though), I don't think this forum should actually be allowed. Everfree is a complete hub for anything that isn't a silly website game, roleplay or related to forumers/the show - which means Gaming, Music, Movies, everything that has to do with anything away from our interest in MLP.

So I actually would be against this idea.

But my point is i think it would be awesome if we had an entire Forum. Like the Everfree forest. And it would be for anything music related, since right now things like "What are you listening to right now" Are constantly at the top of everfree forest with tons of posts. I think it would be cool for a place with all that stuff together.

Octavia's Hall is a place to share all of your artistic talent. There are sub-forums dedicated to music and the basic discussion/praise of everyone's music. It would probably be better if the "Music" sections were left as sub-forums as, whilst there are quite a few musicians here, all of the other forums are something that every single person can go into and discuss/post their thoughts on subjects but the "Music" section would only ever be used frequently by musicians. I think we're fine with just the sub-forums personally but you can still ask Feld0 about it if you want :)

• Brohoof 1

As much as I love music, and this idea (to an extent though), I don't think this forum should actually be allowed. Everfree is a complete hub for anything that isn't a silly website game, roleplay or related to forumers/the show - which means Gaming, Music, Movies, everything that has to do with anything away from our interest in MLP.

This guy got a point

I can see your point but then why would we have a separate forums for art? It seems to me this are one in the same and should be treated as such. I dont know anything though, i just think a music forum would be awesome.

Octavia's Hall is a place to share all of your artistic talent. There are sub-forums dedicated to music and the basic discussion/praise of everyone's music. It would probably be better if the "Music" sections were left as sub-forums as, whilst there are quite a few musicians here, all of the other forums are something that every single person can go into and discuss/post their thoughts on subjects but the "Music" section would only ever be used frequently by musicians. I think we're fine with just the sub-forums personally but you can still ask Feld0 about it if you want :)

*Sigh* That moment when you realize your point has definately been shot down lol. Agreed

I can see your point but then why would we have a separate forums for art? It seems to me this are one in the same and should be treated as such. I dont know anything though, i just think a music forum would be awesome.

Because a lot of "art" can be represented in many ways - music, visuals, acting, etc., and on top of that a lot of the art that we have is based on MLP, so we've already got a sub directory for non-pony stuff. If you're asking for a music forum for MLP music ONLY, we have that. If for music in general, that's Everfree's job.

Another thing you'll have to take to account is that if this does happen, then the gamers will ask for their own sub forum. Then the guys who want a forum for movies will ask, and so on. The point is that soon it will lead to the clutter of many useless forums that will be used a lot within a few days to about a week and a half to not being used at all/used rarely by two months. It'll be a waste of time, planning and work.

I kinda do wish for a music forum, but based on the circumstances, I don't want the idea to happen.

Edit: Wait... you've ag... bloody internet connection! :angry::(

We're not really interested in creating a bunch of super-specific boards that cater to a bunch of extremely narrow interests, such as gaming, music, movies, sports, etc. While additional boards and sub boards may be added in the future as demand develops, and such roll-out will be slow and measured.

The Art Discussion board in Octavia's Hall is primarily focused toward people discussing their own art or art projects, looking for ideas, attempting to find people to help with things, etc.

• Brohoof 1

For our purposes, "art" = any creative work, including music.

Octavia's Hall already caters to your needs. You can post any My Little Pony fan music you've made here, any non-pony music here, and you can have general discussions about composition and production techniques here.

• Brohoof 1