Does anypony own a real pony?

AmaraEveinson

I'm curious since I own a norwegian fjord named Sven and mom owns another norwegian fjord named Oscar. And yes, these are real horses. My mom has been crazy for horses since she was a little girl and I got riding lessons when I was around 10 years old. I've owned Sven for about 4 or 5 years and we keep him and Oscar at a horse ranch where we pay to keep them there and to keep them feed. If you have any other questions about Sven or Oscar, feel free to post or message me. Also, attached to this is a photo of me and Sven visiting my high school for my Comparative Anatomy class. 

post-28935-0-41366400-1408074500_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Awww so cute <3. 

I don't own a real horse, I don't have the cash, nor the resources or time really. But It might be cool. I don't know how to ride any or anything, but maybe sometime I might atleast go out and learn how to ride one.

Horses IRL are still pretty cool and cute. And I also hear they're pretty intelligent too. 

But like I said, I don't really have the time for it honestly, it might be cool every now and then, but I don't think I could own one of my own.

I'll stick to dogs and stuff for now ;p.

But your horse is cute :).

Edited by Zygen

Never ponies, but my family used to own a pair of horses that we would take out riding occasionally.  They were pretty old though (mid or late twenties if I remember correctly), and had to be put down several years ago.

Neat! Do you have a favorate color of horse? And how far away is Sven from where you live?   (Cute OC by the way)

I don't really have a favorite color of horse, but if I had to say I would choose Sven's colors. From my house it's around a 30-15 minute drive on the highway. And thanks, I love how my OC looks too!

I wonder what his cutie mark is.

Probably some type of food since he LOVES to eat non-stop. :lol:  

Awww so cute <3.    I don't own a real horse, I don't have the cash, nor the resources or time really. But It might be cool. I don't know how to ride any or anything, but maybe sometime I might at least go out and learn how to ride one.   Horses IRL are still pretty cool and cute. And I also hear they're pretty intelligent too.    But like I said, I don't really have the time for it honestly, it might be cool every now and then, but I don't think I could own one of my own.   I'll stick to dogs and stuff for now ;p.   But your horse is cute .

You could always learn to ride and just do that. You wouldn't need to spend as much money on lessons and you can still take care of them. That and you wouldn't need to see them as often since they would be taken care of by the farm hands that work there. Also, yes they are pretty smart since Sven has figured out how to escape his lead rope a few times. :P  

I own 2 but, I don't have a picture of one so here is my horse named Lilly

She is so cute! 

I used to own a horse, but I had to sell him He's a Friesian and his name is Merlin.

Sorry to hear that. I'm sure he was a wonderful horse, also love the name!

Never ponies, but my family used to own a pair of horses that we would take out riding occasionally.  They were pretty old though (mid or late twenties if I remember correctly), and had to be put down several years ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. Before we got Oscar, my mom used to own another named Pockets (don't ask what breed she was, I can't remember). She broke her leg slipping on some ice and we had to put her down as well. :(  This was back in 2007, I think. 

• Brohoof 3

10606183_10202710725584236_1960247894813

That's the most recent picture we have of them. The filly is three months old. We have another, but sadly don't have a picture to show of him.

• Brohoof 1

My family used to have a few, but not anymore. We had a little Shetland pony and a few others of different breeds.

The two in the picture are both fresians, but I'm not sure what breed our stallion is. Maybe shetland, I'm not quite sure.

My mom has two horses.

This is Zip (she's a true POA [Pony of America]) - she's an Appaloosa:
6612964103.jpg

We've had Zip for a long time.  She's pretty old, probably about 17 or 18 years old!  She's partially blind, but she's very strong, I mean, you can see the muscle mass in that pic!

---

This is Sangelina... We haven't had her very long, and thb, I myself don't know much about her:
f28dc04c7d.jpg

I think, though I'm not for sure, she might be Arabian... she's less muscular, but probably has more stamina.

• Brohoof 3

I used to have a morgan when I was younger :)  Her name was Brittany and she was the bitchiest animal I have ever had!  Still loved her though XD  We trained her to pull carriages and do a couple of jumps, but she gave you attitude if she didn't get to eat first!

post-28589-0-23409800-1408134270_thumb.jpg

(I didn't have a photo on hand, but this google image is the spitting image, minus a small white spot on her lip.)

• Brohoof 2