Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media The Recommendation Thread

EpitomeOfTruth

Anything? Well....

I kinda want to recommend two bands: Supercell and Panic! At the Disco. These two bands are amazing and I totally recommend it to anyone who likes rock bands!

And if anyone have some good animated films to recommend that would be nice.

edit: Okay there's this movie I think you should watch called "The Last Unicorn" I think that's a really good movie.

Edited by LazuriteDreams*

A movie about humans attacking a alien planet, and the aliens being inferior. And no, I don't mean Planet 51 or Avatar

How about Starship Troopers? the 1997 or Starsip Troopers:Invasion(Animated 3D).... (though i think for the most part the aliens are stronger.. but shows struggle of humanity) the first one.. the second and third sucked

How about Starship Troopers? the 1997 or Starsip Troopers:Invasion(Animated 3D).... (though i think for the most part the aliens are stronger.. but shows struggle of humanity) the first one.. the second and third sucked

Did you just say the first starship troopers sucked?!! I should feed you to a brain!

My recommendations watch RWBY rooster teeths new 3d anime (those are the guys who do red vs blue) its got decent animation great characters and story andbthe fight scenes are un freaking believable. Monty oom does them if you have heard of dead fantasy on the youtubes look it up.

Just cuz his other stuff is kinda violent and should be watched in order i give you monty oum

Dead Fantasy - Gee:

Edited by Digit
  • Brohoof 1

And if anyone have some good animated films to recommend that would be nice.  

I dont know how you feel about the comic book/superhero genre, but there are a lot of good movies in that category. Some of my favorites are Flashpoint Paradox, Batman/ Superman: Public Enemies, and Wonder Woman

• Brohoof 1

My recommendations watch RWBY rooster teeths new 3d anime (those are the guys who do red vs blue) its got decent animation great characters and story andbthe fight scenes are un freaking believable. Monty oom does them if you have heard of dead fantasy on the youtubes look it up.

I only seen 2 episodes of RWBY. xD What do you think about it? Is it good?

Did you just say the first starship troopers sucked?!! I should feed you to a brain!

no.. the second and third sucked(hero of the federation and marauder).. the first one was awesome.. my first gory movie.. seared into my heart

I only seen 2 episodes of RWBY. xD What do you think about it? Is it good?

Its awesome season 2 just came out with ep 4 and it was great fighting and good laughs.

no.. the second and third sucked(hero of the federation and marauder).. the first one was awesome.. my first gory movie.. seared into my heart

Good save you are safe from being brain food click here to know more :P

• Brohoof 2

For those who can't quite get into Fighting Games, but want to learn to play one well, I introduce Divekick. Divekick is a minimalistic fighting game; 2 buttons, 5 moves, One hit KO's. I am exceptionally good at it, and I love it too death

A show that went off the air after two seasons but is on Netflix that I highly recommend is Code Monkeys, completely love the show. And while I believe most people have probably heard this album but the Marshall Mathers LP, anybody who loves  music I believe will love the album, to me its just a great work of art, Stan and The Way I Am :D. Lastly for anyone who hasn't watched Space Dandy I highly recommend it, probably one of if not the funniest anime I have seen recently.

Edited by Dunky

Other recommendations:

Ah my goddess!-This is such a good anime. All of the characters are so funny and likable, even the villains. One of my favorite romance/fantasy animes.

Any Makoto Shinkai film- Just watch them. No need saying else, his animations are gorgeous. They're like another Ghibli.

Dragon's Nest- A good RPG. Just started playing it and it's quite fun. I recommend to anyone who likes fantasy MMORPGs.

Steven Universe-Another good animated series.

Its awesome season 2 just came out with ep 4 and it was great fighting and good laughs.

Good save you are safe from being brain food click here to know more :P

Ok I guess I'll watch more of it. But I really like the show's music too.

Edited by LazuriteDreams*
  • Brohoof 1

My face when I read the OP:

553101__safe_solo_fluttershy_animated_sm

Oookay, where to begin here... *ehem* ... well first of all, it's a must that I share some music from my favorite band, Adema (I've posted some Adema stuff on other threads before, but this thread seems more fitting)...

I just hate the fact that we're only allowed 2 youtube videos per post here... so, you'll have to just follow links to youtube for some of the things I'm going to share you...

This is the last song on Adema's first album (it's self entitled), "Trust"

This is from their album called Planets, the song "Sevenfold"

Of course, these are just 2 songs from them, but I love basically everything that Adema has put out.

---

Btw, I now know that everything I'm going to share is music, lol.

---

These guys are pretty awesome, you should listen to more covers than just this, but here's their cover of Chevelle's "The Red"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXS7F6R-vbM

---

Rabies Bun is one of my favorite Brony music makers... He does some awesome PonyDubs.  Here's a couple of them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEChu3hnJhU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkxKd1dvhhw

Check out his channel for more if you want

---

Here's a pretty awesome PMV from AppleRainbowJack, "Ring of Fire" (Krewella):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Crd1QGSHVuY

---

Lol, I could keep posting links forever, but I'll just quit now...  ^_^

Well, where to start....

Video Games

• Payday 2
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series
  • Kerbal Space Program

Music

• Sabaton (Metal)
  • Red Army Choir (Classic,Military,and folk)
  • Almost anything by Eduard Khil
  • Almost anything by Audiomachine

Movies

• "Zvezda"

I might come back and add some other stuff, particularly the anime I am currently watching.

Well, I recommend My Little Pony: Frie-oh wait...

Well, I do recommend the following:

Music: E.S. Posthumus and Streetlight Manifesto

Games: The Witcher 2 and Dragon's Dogma

TV: Babylon 5 and Game of Thrones

Movies: Atlantis: The Lost Empire and Dragonheart

Cutesy and hella funny. I believe It's from the same studio as Sargent Frog. (bad quality, sorry!)

Whether or not you grew up watching it or are already a fan of the Bat mythos, BTAS is a classic and joy to watch:

(I would probably spam y'all with Cap stuff but I know he's quite controversial)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq0TKC-jx_I

For music i would like to recommend "Dead by April"

The band is a type of Boyband sound mixed with a bit of screamo.

Not all of their songs are like that like Losing you the radio edit, Incomparable and leaves falling.

But if your into the hard core stuff go for Two faced and Empathy. 

Most of their songs are romantic or against bullying.

They are a truly wonderful band.

Losing you:

(I suggest you listen to this before any other songs)

As a butterfly:

(A very sad and romantic song)

Hold on: 

(Comforting song)

Hope someone likes my suggestion :)

Cartoons/anime:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2003 aka TMNT- very close to the original comics yet also maintains some of the humor of the 80's/90's cartoon and it has the best villain of the entire franchise Tengu Shredder. The most recent 2012 reboot is also quite good though except for maybe a few nitpicky things and one big thing I don't like about it.

One Piece- if you don't mind things getting a little weird and random and like a good adventure story this is the show for you. This show dosen't take itself too seriously for the most part. There are some sad moments including some of the main casts backstories but the humor tends to take enough of the edge off without destroying the meaning of the more tragic moments.

Death Note- what would you do if you had a magic book where whoever's name you write in it dies? Yagami Light under the alias Kira got such a book and used it to punish whoever he felt deserved it. It raises questions of how far is too far and when ever do the ends justify the means?

Video games:

Tales of Xillia (PS3)- one of the best games in a great series, has responsive fluid controls, a relatively manageable battle system and an engaging story with interesting characters.

Super Mario Galaxy series (Wii)- these games will really kick your ass but they are some of the best Mario games to come out in a long time.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- it is tough but for the right reasons, Donkey Kong Country Returns was cheap and unfair with motion controls that clearly were not meant for a game like that but with more control options like being able to use the Wii U gamepad in addition to the Wii Remote or the "Classic Controller". It has a rather interesting Norse theme in level design and enemies that is a interesting buildup on Donkey Kong Country Returns tropical island theme.

Bravely Default (3DS)- this game will keep you busy for a while, lots of bonuses including the ability to rebuild your own city, bonus missions and quite a bit of gameplay and story in the main quest.

I'd recommend "One Finger Death Punch" it's a game on steam that's relatively cheap, but also quite fun, and challenging too, I got it on sale for like 1 dollar or so, and it's definitely the best 1 dollar game I think I've bought.