Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Guilty until found innocent

arkman575

Bushido has Cobalt wait outside just in case something went wrong. She quickly dispatched the few guards that she came across, and pulled herself into the maintenance shafts and put on her armour once she reached it. With her armour adorned, she set off for the armory to retrieve her weapins.

After tossing the body of the supply Sargent into a random crate, the wolf tapped the intercom.

"Comm office. What's up?" A pony called.

"Hey, we will be moving some gear soon. Any idea where those ninja knives are? The ones from that freak blind mare?" He asked, calm in tone.

"Still in the armory. Where's it headed?"

"A private collector. She and her kid are from Japon and have a flair for this type of culture." The wolf commented, holding back a laugh. "Listen, I'll be down there collecting it for shipping. Hold my calls." Before the comm officer could say another word, the wolf was away.

Bushido dropped down from the shaft just outside the armory and was met by a single guard. "Your'e one of the ones wh-", he was cut off as the mare's hoof was developed in a white aura. "What the....", he muttered as her hoof passed harmlessly through his skin and muscle straight to his spine where it solidified midway, shattering the spine instantly as she tore her hoof d]from his body. She slip through the door and starting looking for her weapons. Not so much looking as listening rather, but she found them quickly enough.

The wolf entered the armory rather quickly, as he was wearing a gas mask and wearing some decontamination gear. Only a fool or a genius could tell it was him. Getting into the armory, he took a step back to see a rather mangled body before him. "Well... seems im late for the party." He said, knowing the ninja was already here. "Why didn't ya wait to say good bye?"

Bushido finished gathering her weapons and tossed him his knife. "I don't do goodbyes. Last time I said goodbye, I lost my clan", she said simply as she fit her weapon pouches onto the armour and sheathed her swords. She quickly brushed past him and left the armory, not wanting to have to say goodbye. The colt met her outside the armory and hopped onto her back. "Where to now, Bushi-sama", he asked, evidently happy to see her with her armour and weapons. "I don't know yet".

Seth glared to her as she left. He knew she was angry, but he was trying to help. What could he do? ....Although, in reality, he was asking the right question. What could he do? He had just seen the mare carry the last bits of her life. She lost everything... everything. He knew that feeling, but didn't know how to help it. Plus, where would he find her again? 

Leaving the armory, he left the way he claimed, making his way to the embassy for what's left of his gear. After that, he would go after the mare.

Bushido quickly exited the prison straight out the front gate simply impaling the one guard that had been posted there with a senbon as she steeped out the of the prison, she decided to leave him hanging there. It was worth losing one senbon to see him writhing in pain with large pin jammed through his shoulder. She decided the would head for the forest for a few days, lay low, and figure out what they would do with their lives....or, what was left of them.

With a cloke drawn over him, the wolf carried a few items of interest. A tracking beacon in case he was taken by the police again, a knife, and a backpack with some food in it. He was going out for a bit, and needed some supplies. If he ran out, he would head to a small house he owned in the event of being wanted. It was cheap, and that's the way he liked it. Makes it look nothing like a wolf's home. Sighing, the wolf continued on, wondering how to fine a ninja hat didn't want to be found. The only way he could was her scent. However, even that would be hard. He needed to find it first.

Bushido would up headed out of Canterlot and down towards Ponyville but detouring for the Everfree Forest, thinking it a decent resting ground since ponies didnt typically go snooping around inside. She walked into a dragon's den with Cobalt still on her back and put the dragon to sleep with the sleep darts she had used on the wolf so they could think things through without being bothered since even the few ponies who did go poking thier heads around in the forest definitely didn't go looking in dragon cave.

Edited by Dusk Shade

The wolf had finally caught a whiff of the mare, smelling some dry blood. Slowly, Seth began to lead canterlot in hunt for the mare. He needed to make sure she was going to be all right. She had just dealt with a crushing blow, losing her entire life. He just wanted to make sure she was stable. He hated to see suffering innocence.

The mare laid out a map and ran her hoof over it reading the braille pressed into the parchment. "Japon is out of the question, since they are convinced are clan betrayed the rest by uniting....the senile old fools.....badlands......no, we won't go back there since our camp has been located, maybe.....no, that won't work. We can't head for any major cities, we'd stick out like sore thumbs. we cant go home, we can't just return to camp....I'm out of ideas", the mare said and rolled up the map and started sharpening her swords after passing her kunai to the colt which he immediately went to work sharpening. "Well camp here for the night ad then figure something out in the morning".

Finding the scent going all the way to the edge of the everfree, the wolf wondered if he even had the right blood trace. If so, he 'really' fucked up. "Well damn..." He muttered, looking around. He never liked the Everfree, but the one thing he did like was free game hunting. He could use the meal. Deciding to trust his nose (and his liking for fresh squirrel), the wolf entered the forest.

After picking up a snack, a small rodent hanging in his mouth, the wolf continued the hunt. However, he stopped dead at the entrance to a very large cave. Usually, it wouldn't bother him. However... there was one problem. The entrance has crotch marks. Dragon. "Damn..." He muttered again. He could smell their scent within... but he now was questioning his skin vs a dragon. "Um... Hello?" He called from outside, seeing if he could escape if he needed to.

Bushido heard a voice she instantly recognized as Seth's and exited the cave, curious as to why he would have come to the Everfree and more specifically, to a dragon's cave, which was typically a suicide attempt by another name. "Can I help you, Seth", she asked, a little sleepily with a yawn. "Though now might not be the very best time for me to help you with whatever since we were just about to go to sleep and the kid is dead tired".

"I should ask why you came all this way." He asked, glad to see her. He did notice her sleep-deprived looks. "I was looking for you to make sure you are ok... I...I know what you are going through... and I didn't want to leave you alone. " The wolf spoke, sitting before her, his tone more stoic than normal. "Look... I know you don't entirely need help and you and I are square and all... but... I still want to help if you need it."

Bushido just sat there rubbing her eyes to keep herself awake. The colt had already fallen asleep at this point he and the mare were more mentally drained than anything, though, this drain coming from what was left of their clan being slaughtered. "What....do you mean, you know what we are going through.......you too failed twice to protect your family and threw away your honor the first time by running away and leaving half of your family to die...and then you fail to save the other half....you never brought up anything like that...", she said said, barely awake and as such didn't bother thinking if what she said was rude, she was too drained to worry about it.

Edited by Dusk Shade

"Why would I?" He said, looking away. "I told you about my friend and the blood... but that isn't my full story. Do you ever see wolves in Equestria? Real wolves? Not those mutant wooden replicas. Im a diplomat from my homeland. The empire only recently sending me as the first due to a long isolation from the ponies of Equestria. During the Discord Era, that tyrant started a war with our people. I was in it. I was one of the best. Yet... I let my nation down because I was weak. One battle, I slipped up, nearly got killed and lost the mission. Due to that one loss, we were forced out of Equestia, and even invaded back. And yes... we invaded Equestria first. It was a dark time... Our race was nearly wiped off the face of the earth. Don't ask why I am here, just know I know what you feel. I lost a lot..." He then got up, and looked into the cave. "It's getting late, and I won't hold you. I'll top by in the morning to say goodbye, but if that's that, then I wish you luck."

Bushido just stood there looking at him. "I didn't mean it like that. But at least you didn't run away like a coward just because death was all that awaited you", she said as she curled up with her katana in hoof just in case the dragon woke up earlier than she expected it. "Good luck to you, your'e the one who will need it, your'e going back to Canterlot, right where we just escaped from", she reminded him. "But at least you know where your'e going. I still haven't figured out where i'm gonna take him", she finished pointing ti the sleeping colt and let her yes close and sleep take her.

Edited by Dusk Shade

The wolf nodded to the mare, knowing their time today was up. grabbing a blanket from his pack, he tossed it onto the mare and left a small container of food for their breakfast. With it, there was a card.

"I don't plan on staying in Canterlot long. With me being wanted, my diplomatic work is ruined. I plan on leaving fairly shortly back to the Wolven Empire. The preparations are already made for me to take a cargo flight to my homeland. My departure will not be recorded, so I will be a ghost to Equestria. From there, I will return to my life in my homeland. I never spend any of my earning as a diplomat, so I can live off my savings. If that were to ever run dry, I can rejoin the military from the rank I held before. 

I say this, because I want to say good bye. I know you have a plan somewhere, and I know you want to keep that kid safe. By doing that, you will make yourself untraceable... even to me. I won't be able to hunt you down again, so I wanted to meet you in the morning to bid our fairwells.

Seth-

P.S. That moment i nearly got killed, that wasn't from combat. That was from fear. Fear of myself. During the war, I killed a filly. When I knew what I did, I locked up. I didn't notice the pony charging at me. It was fear... fear that nearly destroyed my people. My fear.

You are not alone."

With that, the wolf left, planning on returning in the morning.

(I'm just gonna assume it's in braille so she can read it)

Bushido woke up in the morning and felt a blanket that had been draped over her. She quickly shook the colt awake who grabbed the container and passed her some since she hadn't seen the container, which has she ate quickly and read the wolf's note and waited for him with the colt atop the cave .

The wolf returned as he promised. He had spent the night in a cave on the Canterlot mountain range. As he returned at the cave, he saw the two sitting atop rocks. "So, you two have a plan for the next chapter of life?" He asked, sitting before them. They seemed good compared to last night, seeing as they weren't sleep deprived.

The pair just looked at him and the mare shrugged as the colt climbed into her back and perch on her neck. "Like I said last night, I don't really know yet. I figure I'll pick a direction and start walking. See if that works out. If not, we'll, I don't know, go on living in forests and caves. That's all I can figure since the cities aren't the best place for ninja", she said honestly having no plan for the pair of Ponies.

The wolf gave a small frown. "Well... I'll be out of the country withing a day or two. Unless you like frozen isolation and a lot of wolves..." He said, his voice trailing. Sighing, he then looked up to the two. There was a bit of a pause. "Look... I came by today to say good bye. You are an amazing mare, and I wish I could have done better. If it wan't for me... your clan would be safe." He said, his head lowering. "I'm sorry..."

The mare couldn't really make sense of his comment about frozen isolation and wolves, since she didn't remember saying anything about wolves. The wolf's comment about her being an amazing mare and his apology threw her off. "No.I'm not. If i were so amazing, i wouldn't have failed my clan over and over again. A proud clan of a few thousand reduced to a blind fool and a child by my stupidity. What is so amazing about that"?

"What is amazing about that is that that 'blind fool' managed to break out of the largest and most secure prison in the nation, while keeping a wolf from bleeding out, and has the power of Swiss-army knife blood. if it wasn't for me revealing the clan, your clan would have survived. You are the future of your clan. You have done more than I have ever seen. You will survive. You will thrive. Do not make the mistake I did. Do not let your bloodline die with you." He finished, compassion, honor, and praise in his eyes. Standing up more, he walked closer to them. "Come with me... come with me to the Empire. The law can't touch you and you can find the isolation you need." At the time, he didn't realize his slight blunder with his despite request.

The mare just stood there as the colt hopped down from her back. "You want her, a blind pony to come to a place full of meat eating wolves. Nice try", the colt started only to be silenced with a glare from Bushido. "You really want us to go to the Wolven empire? Wouldn't that be a bit suicidal, considering the valid point Cobalt has just brought up? I'm not too keen on the idea of being eaten just so you know, though if a wolf were foolish enough to try, there would be one less wolf......when do you leave", she said after thinking his offer through and finding no real reason not to.