Banner by ~ Zero

Why the pony references?

HorsesandMOARGaloar

The devs do whatever they want. If they want to reference ponies, do it. How about other games? Do it. Memes? Do it. Your mother? ...

They probably just want some publicity for putting references of the Brony controversy in their game. Or maybe they are bronies...?

From Watch Dogs to Transformers 4, references to MLP:FiM are almost everywhere, much to the chagrin and anger of so many people.

Why would developers of various things sometimes enjoy placing references to the ponies in their works, and risk much more irritated haters of their works?

Wait...

Watch Dogs and Transformers references MLP?

Please tell me.

Because MLP is good enough for it.

I do a lot of references around my friends. I was playing Battlefield with 'em and my buddy got a 1000m headshot and I said it was "20% cooler" than other headshots. None of them got it, of course.

Now I just noticed this. Transformers toys are made by Hasbro, right? So why not toss in an advertisment for your other stuff? They got a free advertisment for MLP, that's why.

Wait...

Watch Dogs and Transformers references MLP?

Please tell me.

In Watch Dogs, there's an easter egg that when you look in cars with a sniper rifle you can see a pony key chain on the car keys, that are in the car.

In Transformers 4 there's a scene where a scientist is holding a Rainbow Dash toy.

• Brohoof 1

1401504651348.jpg

350px-Terraria_1.2_-_Party_Girl_NPC.jpg

(Note: the "Pinkie Girl" to the guy's left is known in-game as the "Party Girl")

I knew about the Terraria Party Girl, but is that an RD keychain? I want me one of those.

From Watch Dogs to Transformers 4, references to MLP:FiM are almost everywhere, much to the chagrin and anger of so many people.

Why would developers of various things sometimes enjoy placing references to the ponies in their works, and risk much more irritated haters of their works?

References are put in for flavor, they don't revolve around the entire game.

You have to also realize that the developers, and producers want to pertain to as large of audience as possible, so by adding ponies that could intern actually increase their sells by having a few extra people come to see their works.

img-3004440-2-350px-Terraria_1.2_-_Party

(Note: the "Pinkie Girl" to the guy's left is known in-game as the "Party Girl")

Oh dang, you just reminded me:  I've been wanting to mention Terraria to the community and I keep forgetting.  In our Terraria server, one of our Party girls was named Trixie.  She got killed by the Destroyer, and the next Party girl to spawn in was named Sparkle.  Coincidence?  I THINK NOT.

I love seeing MLP references in anything.  It's bold, and it makes a great statement.  What's the problem?  OP, you ask why devs would willingly open themselves up to hate or criticism?  Probably for the same reason that you're a brony--because MLP is awesome.