Strange Things Parents Do

Marcato

FIRST THING I MUST SAY NOW I AM NOT TRYING TO OFFEND ANY ONE HERE. This is mainly targeted for people to laugh at themselves or what their parents have done. If you ever find anything very offensive here please let me know, or if need be report the post to a moderator. I'm sorry if i am offending any one.

Something strange has been happening. Lately i noticed my Mom has been using more modern terms for things, like slang words, but it wasn't until today that i decided something.

Today, when i crossed my eyes, she described it as "derping." THIS BLEW MY MIND RIGHT HERE.

My mom is using INTERNET phrases. She even called my Dad a troll the other day. At first i thought she was just being silly now she seems to be serious. She is legitimately saying these things out of humour and interest. Perhaps its finally safe to come out of the brony shadow and reveal my love for MLP. PERHAPS SHE WON'T BE SURPRISED. For all i know she browses memebase or reddit while i'm at school. I DONT EVEN KNOW. It would be pretty awesome if she turned out to be a pegasister.

What kind of things have your parents done that made you laugh or simply blew your mind?

~Relax and enJOY life. True joy is a BLESSING.~

~Musician, poet, writer, and all-around storyteller~

Interests: Old literature, ancient history, MUSIC, fantasy, anime

Best Pony: Tiaaaaaa!

My mom censored herself in a text to me. The word she censored? "Damn"

• Brohoof 1

ICeIx2X.jpg
MLP Forums' resident timelord, sports dilettante, and purveyor of wit and humor
~*Traveling Timelord Nonpareil*~

I was playing piano and my Mom and Dad were in the next room talking and the next thing you hear them say is "WHY CAN'T YOU BE ADDICTED TO SOMETHING NORMAL LIKE HEROIN INSTEAD OF PIANOS??" XD

XDThey were kidding of course :P

• Brohoof 2

fluttershy4lifesig.jpg

Silly nostalgia thread :P

When I was a toddler, I once took a piss on the bath tub right before my father hop in

The next day he forced me to drink a glass of black beer

And then the day after that I broke his sandals

Then he told me to run around on the yard with bare foot

I can't remember what happened next, but yeah my parents are weird :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

k3v45pe.jpg?1

My dad goes to some pretty ridiculous lengths to hide his smoking habit from me. Even though I'm old enough to respect his decisions without trying to guilt him out of it, he still tries to shelter me from his bad habits. It's kind of sweet, in a way.

But there have been several times I've walked in on him smoking, only to have him hastily shove the lit cigarette behind his back. Almost lit himself on fire once!

• Brohoof 2

blood guts and chocolate cake

Uhm. When my mom gets road rage she pretends to shoot people with her 9. (Her fingers making a gun) She blames it on her Ghetto roots since she's from Detroit, Michigan.

She also calls people Douchebags.. That's pretty weird.

• Brohoof 2

oei8U.png

So many hilarious stories. :3

Once my grandpa hit his finger with a hamar when i was way younger, but i still remember it so well. He yelled: "CLARN DARN THE FLABBERGHASTED THING." At the hammer. XD whats a flabberghast? ._.?

• Brohoof 3

When i told my dad i was a brony he tapped me on the shoulder and said "Calum i have one thing to say to you" he then smacks me gentle on the cheek and runs down stairs shouting "I still love action man!"

• Brohoof 2

Credit for the Sig go to Kyoshi

I don't know what it is, but my mother is terrible at texting. She might as well be wasted. Usually she sends me just the letter T, and a few minutes later the rest sloppily comes along. And the worst part is she refuses to turn her iPhone on its side because she doesn't like holding it that way. It'd be soooo much easier for her.

Never thought I'd share this story but if you can't share with internet strangers, who can you share with? :P

So, I was having a discussion with my mom on how I believe the Catholic Church is unreasonable with its views on contraception. I told her I was taught in medical school that the "church-approved" rhythm method (ie following your periods closely and only having sex at times that conception is least likely) is not very reliable. She countered with, "Yes it is! Otherwise you'd have like 43 brothers and sisters right now!!!"

I do not remember the last time I laughed so hard. Once I was done laughing, then my reaction was "Oh God why?" I am scared she gave such a precise number - waaaay too much information for me. :blink:

Gonna change the name to strange things relatives do! XD

My dad looks like he could kick your ass (long beard, fairly tall, wears boots all the time and has a really loud, deep voice... people don't believe he's my dad when I tell them because I'm scrawny and pale), but I've noticed that he can get really emotional during sad movies/tv shows

Once he and my mom were watching some crime drama, and this really sad song played at the end (I'm going to admit that it was a pretty sad song, although I really wasn't effected by it), and when I walked by I noticed a tear rolling down his cheek... He then promptly got up and went to the restroom

He also talks to himself sometimes

I don't know what it is, but my mother is terrible at texting. She might as well be wasted. Usually she sends me just the letter T, and a few minutes later the rest sloppily comes along. And the worst part is she refuses to turn her iPhone on its side because she doesn't like holding it that way. It'd be soooo much easier for her.

My mom can't text either... It takes her like 10 minutes to send "where r u"

1080657448_1218611__safe_solo_fluttershy_underhoof_spreadwings_cloud_sky_signature_falling_artist-colon-miokomata2.jpg.b66a3f8b89a05cc464d47a4c38bf96e1.jpg

My dad goes to some pretty ridiculous lengths to hide his smoking habit from me. Even though I'm old enough to respect his decisions without trying to guilt him out of it, he still tries to shelter me from his bad habits. It's kind of sweet, in a way.

But there have been several times I've walked in on him smoking, only to have him hastily shove the lit cigarette behind his back. Almost lit himself on fire once!

mmy dads the same way. he told me quit but its a hard habit to go cold turkey but yeah i respect his decisions i mean its his life but yeah he hides it whenever im near lol kinda funny sometimes

WOt8T.gif

my dads a little weird he doesnt talk much but sometimes he walks in the living room and looks at me wit like a " what the hell are you doin man" or a " what what i gonna do" face, then walk back to his room lookin confused. lol he also gets really confused in the morning. Ive found the coffee pot, in the fridge one day, a box of cheerios another, his phone in the freezer, the milk in living room, and just last night he spent 30 minutes looking for his phone, which he was using to talk to his boss...its pretty funnyh to watch

• Brohoof 1

WOt8T.gif

My dad has several times replied to a question with an enthusiastic "Yiff!"

I reckon (strongly hope) that he still thinks it means yes. Or it was just gibberish. I don't even know how he knows of... them. Probably just unfortunate gibberish though. But still...

• Brohoof 1

My dad has several times replied to a question with an enthusiastic "Yiff!"

I reckon (strongly hope) that he still thinks it means yes. Or it was just gibberish. I don't even know how he knows of... them. Probably just unfortunate gibberish though. But still...

...i think its time you told him before he says it in public... ._."

My Mom once caught me watching MLP, but she didnnt say anything and just kept walking. Dabuq?

My mother at the tender age of 64, called me a n00b aswell as telling my kids to stop trolling :lol: My mom has over the years gotten more and more hooked on the internet, and I still grin when I think of her first experience with chatrooms: She couldnt understand why she got so many nasty offers on a music chatroom, looking at her profile, she had called herself "GoldenFluffy69" (She had 2 golden retrievers that were fluffy, and was at a rolling stones concert in 69), and she was just staring at me while I was bent over laughing ^_^

She is awesome though, she is a genuine rocker and metalhead, and was wondering why so many neo-metal vocalists sound like they were castrated at birth(quite sure she was thinking of hammerfall at the time).

My grandmother(RIP) somehow got a glimpse of a program about sex & teens, and exclaimed how "Well, we f*cked when I was young, but I didnt run around in the streets telling people about it. A f*ck is a f*ck" Everyone except my cousin and me (who was howling with laughter), looked perplexed :blink:

Edited by Magnus
  • Brohoof 1

4rykoj.jpg