Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The brony fandom died. What do you do?

Stone Cold Applejack

Id say it wouldnt really die, since we have each other.

What really matters is the fact that the people around us are pals.

Id say being a brony in this situation would be...kinda like one of those army unit patches. Like Ranger School or something. When it all ends and you go your separate ways, you forget what the people did to you in that time you were there. What you remember and take with you are the skills you learned and the people you met, and would probably stay with for a very long time. 

So in essence, a supposed "dying out" is like losing the patch. Sure, you might feel upset that this thing you worked so hard for is lost, but you should look up at the buddies you have from getting that patch. 

Some might simply forget everything after losing the patch, their memory of what they went through. It doesnt matter. Cause if you really did take something from the experience you had, then you wont need that to remember and to enjoy life. 

If you lose that dedication, lose that brony-ness as soon as something happens, then you never got anything, and you didnt deserve to be there to begin with. A waste of space. Link it back to the army tabs and patches. If the patch is the only thing that held any meaning from the experience of the training or combat, then you never deserved to have it to begin with. 

So just look up, since Im sure all of us here love being here. And in doing so, it wont die. 

have you ever seen those fandoms that obsess over a show that ended years before you even heard of the show?

well, when MLP does end and our fandom becomes like that I will still be here enjoying as much fan content as I can.

think about the MLP gens? when this one ends I'm sure that there will be another  :blink: let's hope it's as good as FIM.

and if it's not... we will always have fan content. I doubt the fandom will end any time soon.

I would still enjoy the show but, I wouldn't be as into it as I am now. I'm pretty sure the fandom won't be going anywhere though.

Edited by CrazyMrLunaDash

Even if nobody else does, I would still like the show and comics; so I would simply enjoy them myself. There are quite a number of things I like which few care about. But my or anyone else's enjoyment of something, should not ultimately depend upon the existence of a "fandom". Fandoms simply make finding others who like the same particular thing as you do much easier; so they can be described as a bonus, on top of finding enjoyment in something. 

The fandom is immortal! 

I know enough people who are very heavily invested, that there will always be someone.  Even when the fandom tails off a bit, there will always be a hardcore group of followers.

Hypothetically though - I'd find something else similar to get into, based on looking at what defined the fandom.  I've seen it described as a part of "New Sincerity" so would maybe look at what else comes under that umbrella, or get into some reasonable corner of the furry culture, something like that.

No it didn't. As long as I still call myself a fan and as long as I continue to make art based off the show, the fandom isn't dead. To be more direct, I would troll through EQD and here. Not being sad that it's over but thankful that it happened at all.

Besides, given the existence of the persistent existence of the Star Trek fandom and others like it, I highly doubt we're going away that easily.

No it didn't. As long as I still call myself a fan and as long as I continue to make art based off the show, the fandom isn't dead. To be more direct, I would troll through EQD and here. Not being sad that it's over but thankful that it happened at all.

Besides, given the existence of the persistent existence of the Star Trek fandom and others like it, I highly doubt we're going away that easily.

Star Trek is more popular than MLP.

Star Trek is more popular than MLP.

Nevertheless, their existence, as well as others such as Firefly Browncoats prove that a fandom can endure long after their source material has gone off the air. With all the heart that's been put into this fandom, we at least rival the Browncoats in passion if not surpass them. (Not to mention those of us who are both.)

Well this is a hard choice for me. I love change. Yet this fandom is a thing that in my eyes doesn't need to change. It is change. It challenges modern society and shows that they way people think is changing. So if the fandom died i would be torn between "Yay! Change!" and "This is causing change."

For now i will have to say that i don't know. 

Edited by BritishBrony 13

Nevertheless, their existence, as well as others such as Firefly Browncoats prove that a fandom can endure long after their source material has gone off the air. With all the heart that's been put into this fandom, we at least rival the Browncoats in passion if not surpass them. (Not to mention those of us who are both.)

Erm, Firefly only ran for 14 episodes. How big are the Firefly browncoats?