Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The brony fandom died. What do you do?

Stone Cold Applejack

Not saying you did. Not being offensive or anything, but I remember you saying to me that I ''Clearly wasn't interested in the show''. 

but you are basically boxing yourself in. You clearly aren't interested in the show, you make that pretty plain with your opinion in the opening post, yet you continue out of some obligation to the "fandom"

I like the show, and I like the fans and fan content, but if it ever came to a point where it just wasn't doing it for me anymore I would skip on out without batting an eye. Considering what I'm seeing that they got planned I don't see that happening anytime soon, but chaining myself to something I end up not liking sounds really unpleasant

Like Tommy Oliver, the dude was MISERABLE by the end of it, and he ended up blowing his leaving the fandom way out of proportion because he had boxed himself in and didn't see any other way out. JaxBlade is another one who left, and although he went infinitely more gracefully than tommy he did say that his love for the show just wasn't what it used to be and it was time for him to move on.

And no one would stop you from looking at the fan content or the forums or whatever, I'm just saying, if the show isn't doing it for you you don't have to watch it. I'm not saying that in an angry way or anything, I'm saying that you don't have to subject yourself to something that just isn't for you anymore, there is nothing wrong with that.

I'm not being personal. But if the fandom did die, I'd probably move to another fandom. Like I said, I only would if Seasonal Rot starts becoming obvious.

P.S: Is there a way I can transfer quotes from other documents?

See that was the one I was thinking of. As long as we are on the same page. As far as the quote function I think if you look at the BBC code it will show you how to manually set up a quote box. 

Carry on with life. Fandoms die, people move on. As long as I like the series and am interested in it, I'll have more than enough fan-made content left to peruse. Even when the entire fandom is dead I'll still be able to find new things, simply because right now, the fandom is huge. Honestly though, the community is far less important to me than the actual show is.

• 1 month later...

Considering I've been working on the same game engine as a fan-project for the last three years, I think I'd stick with it.  (I built it so it'd be easy to repurpose the game for something else easily enough, but I think I'd stick to it.)

I'd still stick around and watch the show. Maybe in time it would revive. But I wouldn't freak out, as I feel like that would be over dramatic. It would probably be more lonely though, and I would miss it, and (almost) everyone that left. 

As long as I, a brony, draw breath. It will never die. As long as there is one man who spreads the message of friendship, love, and tolerance, the brony fandom still lives.

What you think I jest? Irony is not in my vocabulary.

ezekiel_commission_for_freethinker5_by_a

• Brohoof 1

I would die as well. Probably 40 years from now by doing something crazy, yet cool because by that age I will have lost what little ability to give a fuck that I have left. Basically the world would keep on spinning without Bronies.

Continue to live my life normally and fall apart emotionally just because something good is over?

I don't know, I'd still have the great friends I have so I would continue to cherish my friendships.

'Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.' - Seuss

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

Move on, what else is there to do? At the very least I met some good friends, who says I can't still hang and talk with them?

• Brohoof 1