Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The brony fandom died. What do you do?

Stone Cold Applejack

Honestly, I'm getting a little tired of these "When the fandom dies" type threads. So many people seem to think that five minutes after the series finale of FiM, bronydom will vanish in a puff of smoke, never to be heard of again. We'll still be here. I'm a fan of lots of shows that have ended, and I still watch them. I'll still be here. I imagine that folks will spend less time in Sugarcube Corner and Show Discussion, and more time in Everfree, which is fine. This place and this community is too special to just die when the show ends. It can slow down, but it's not going anywhere.

I just wanted to see what you all would. Generally people said the same things I'd do.

well Semper my friend first our fandom is very unlikely to die we may lose a lot of our Bronykin when the show ends but this will probably last 3 generations before completely dying

but what would I do if the fandom died? I would carry on our ways until my final breath I'm a Brony until the day I die

Defeat the evil scientist who made 8 robots that tried to kill me.

But honestly, I wouldn't think the fandom would "die" if the show ended.

I mean, Bionicle ended nearly five years ago, yet the fandom kept going and now... It's confirmed more Bionicle is in the works!

It's a weird cycle:

"Die." Share nostalgia. Speculate. See new content. Resurrect. Repeat.

Edited by Kilobyte_Writer9K
  • Brohoof 1

Who said the fandom will die? look at Trekkies and Warsies, for example. both franchises are relatively dead, (with Star Wars making a comeback) but the fandoms are still going strong to this day.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I don't get why people would think the fandom would die out either.

Firefly never even finished the first season before it got cancelled and there is still a big fandom for it. And note, Firefly came out in 2002. It's been off the air for almost 12 years and it still has a following.

Unless every copy of every episode just vanishes off the face of the Earth it's not going anywhere.

I mean I guess the fandom won't be as big and active, but that's not really going to matter unless you've gotten just waaaaaaay too into pony and have nothing else going on in your life.

I'm a Godzilla fan (from the original japanese movies, not the 98's crap or 14's decent remake), the Big-G franchise officially ended in 2004 with Godzilla's last movie: Godzilla: Final Wars.

There aren't that many Godzilla fans out there because most are inactive, already very grown-up or probably even dead, but the fandom is still strong. Just because the King of Monsters is resting doesn't mean we're going to fade as a fandom. 

He's slowly returning in "Made in USA" format.

• Brohoof 1

Move on but I'll be fan with fond memories. I doubt the fandom will really die (I can sure as hell tell you the Star Trek fandom hasn't) but like the Doctor it will regenerate into a franchise fandom if G5 is a success.

I'm a Godzilla fan (from the original japanese movies, not the 98's crap or 14's decent remake), the Big-G franchise officially ended in 2004 with Godzilla's last movie: Godzilla: Final Wars.

There aren't that many Godzilla fans out there because most are inactive, already very grown-up or probably even dead, but the fandom is still strong. Just because the King of Monsters is resting doesn't mean we're going to fade as a fandom. 

He's slowly returning in "Made in USA" format.

GODZILLA LIVES!!!! AND HE'LL BE BACK WITH MOTHRA, RODAN AND GHIDORA IN THE NEXT MOVIE!!! *Starts cackling madly*