Banner by ~ Zero

Music Monstercat Thread

Magical Anarchy

Alright everypony. It's time that we have a Monstercat thread here on MLPForums. This is a discussion for all things Monstercat, be it music, podcasts, artists, merchandise, etc.

<Forum rules apply, and don't be a douche because someone disagrees with you.>

So let's get to it!

post-25861-0-26996700-1409360725_thumb.png

This song kind of just came out of no where and I love it

Oh and I must say I love Nanobii even though he only has released one song through Monstercat.

What is your favorite Monstercat design I love this one because it reminds me of my favorite Korean music groups' mascots.
maxresdefault.jpg

B.A.P.
bap_matoki_by_sunhi501-d5funfz.jpg

I don't really like BADBOI. It didn't hit me as hard as some of their other titles.

The intro was good, but the rest of the song. For me, Pegboard Nerd's best singles are New Style and Rocktronik.

Also, I forgot to add. previous artist discussions are welcome here as well. From Ephixa to Falcon Funk, Monstercat-related subjects are welcome!

• Brohoof 1

Pegboard Nerds and Tristam are amazing artists. Their stuff is really amazing and I can not wait for another collab between those guys (If Razor Sharp is any indication on how epic it'd be). 

But how could none of you even mention Varien aka God personified?

Varien is my favorite artist of all time, hands down. I'm eagerly and impatiently waiting for Monday's release. I don't like much from 7MD, but I can't say he isn't talented. I really did like Peacock, and I can't even imagine what he and Varien will be able to do together.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... So, do any of you guys remember what the first song you heard from Monstercat was? 

I never really was a fan of "dubstep" (how I used to categorize every form of edm), but my cousin had me listen to Blossom by Au5 on his computer because his speakers had really nice bass. I started listening to more songs from them, and now I wait eagerly for every release!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a while since I was here. So how's everypony doin'? By the way. what do you guys think of Monstercat's new "Future Bass" playlist? Grant Bowtie seems to have some position there, and WRLD's "Triumph" is pretty good, though I'm not too keen of his other stuff..

Edited by QuartermasterBrony

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how I feel about Future Bass tbh. The first ones that were categorized as Future Bass were... okay I guess. 

I like the addition of Trap, though! Most trap made on Monstercat sounds really good, so I'm excited to see more.

Also, VALKYRIE PART II ADFASDJFL;ASKDJ 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how I feel about Future Bass tbh. The first ones that were categorized as Future Bass were... okay I guess. 

I like the addition of Trap, though! Most trap made on Monstercat sounds really good, so I'm excited to see more.

Also, VALKYRIE PART II ADFASDJFL;ASKDJ 

Yeah, I wasn't keen on Kaleidoscope, but I enjoyed Cloud Nine, Reach, and triumph.

Super happy Trap was added, so I have high hopes for that!

HE'S BACK AND ABOUT TIME TOO, AND THIS TIME HE'S IN HOT PURSUIT! (Donkey Kong references ftw).

So Best artist TTC has new EP on Oct. 31! HOORAYQ!

• Brohoof 1