Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unable to Change my Password.

Visual Spectrum
Go to solution Solved by Lavo,

I am trying to change my password, but when I do, nothing happens. I will put in my current password and the new password twice, just like it asks me to. Then when I click the button bellow it (I don't have a good memory.) it doesn't do anything. The page is still there, and my password doesn't change. I don't get any errors or anything like that, either. 

• Brohoof 2

I just duplicated this on

Windows 7 Machine - Internet Explorer 9-11

Windows 7 Machine - Firefox 31 - 32

Windows 8.1 Machine IE 11

Windows 8.1 Firefox 32

OS X Mavericks Machine - Safari 7.0.6

Visualization may not be helpful in this situation, however this is what happened on Windows 7 Firefox 31.0

post-25990-0-75854200-1409839234_thumb.jpg

Caption: PV does have an issue recognizing Usernames populated by autofill

post-25990-0-26556600-1409839250_thumb.jpg

Caption:  Cleared field

post-25990-0-68688200-1409839266_thumb.jpg

Caption: Manually typed in old and new passwords

post-25990-0-94162800-1409839285_thumb.jpg

Caption: Clicked 'Change Password to submit and the target asset to visualize to user that update was being made did initiation (I got the wheel)

post-25990-0-25014700-1409839310_thumb.jpg

Caption: New password did not work.

Resolution to OP: None at this time.

Considering that the DB may not be updated on user change, I would not go through the reset/forgot password option. is there a critical reason that your password needs to be changed (someone else knows it)?

• Brohoof 5

Hello!

I've read your problem,and I tested on my own account if it was true,and,in fact,there's a bug regarding Password Changes on Poniverse.

I tried with 3 different browsers(Chrome,Firefox and IE),and when I pressed the Change Password button,none of the worked,neither gave an Error message.

I'm gonna notify this bug to a Tech Admin,to see if he can give it a look,and fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you for notifying this.

• Brohoof 3

Note to Staff: Is there at least a log entry on my attempt to change my password at approximately 9:38 - 9:54 AM EST?

There's nothing about this in the administrative logs MLP Forums employs to keep track of account changes. That being said, I think there's a good chance this wouldn't be logged here as you were working through the Poniverse login system, and not something that involved MLP Forums specifically.

@Visual Spectrum, it does indeed seem that there is a technical issue going on here. I'll make sure that Poniverse IT is aware of the situation. 

I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Brohoof 2

Hey there and sorry for the length of time it has taken to resolve this.

I have just pushed a fix to Poniverse so it should work for you now :)

• Brohoof 4