Casual Stroll - An Introductionary RP mainly around Equestria OOC [Open Entry For All]

Blitz Boom

@Frannis,   Well, baseline is that a part of the city is engulfed in a dome of wind magic. Inside, it's chaos and scared ponies covering in the houses that still stands. Minor damage thus far, but more to come soon. There is a massive hippo with wings and horns in the middle of things, with a being in a long road next to him. You can only see his yellow, glowing eyes and the tiger-striped paws. The rest is covered, including the long tail.   There are some spider-creatures that will seemingly be floating in mid air, clinging to weapons that ooze of a purple mist. Far as I know, the forgotten one isn't watchable yet, but @Seamore Sandwich, can correct me if I am wrong. My memory's kinda patchy at times, so can't remember everything.   What else... There is also a half-changeling in there, along with a large, talking fox who's currently wielding a bow. Some changelings too. Basically, it's going to be chaos in there and it will seem mad. Oh, and there's a plant-pony in there too who's looking distressed.   The others can correct me if I have missed details, which I likely have. But this is the things I recall.

And Lonk is standing outside one of the houses trying to figure out what he wants to do next.

Didn't know about the spiders. I should comment on that. 

Edited by Lonk Chase

@everypony

Adding some small edits to the age of Omen and Vivid Loss that shouldn't affect the RP much, but just so you all know. I were informed of an error witht he timeline I had made if they had to be around before Discord were turned to stone, so I need to add a few thousand years to each to make it fit now. Figured it was better to say in case someone got confused. :)

Beyond that: I hope you all are having a great day.  :yay: 

I'm stuck.

If I don't do something active here, nobody will notice my posts and pretty much accidentally throw me out of the RP.

If I do something active, I have a chance to screw up big time (cough cough Lonk now-not-actually jumping on the Forgotten One's back cough cough).

I don't know where I want to go with this.

Edited by Lonk Chase

@@Lonk Chase

The Forgotten One himself can't be seen or touched yet, but if things go right in the next few posts, soon that will all change. There are other characters he can interact with, or he can try using something involving magic and seeing if that can affect The Forgotten One. Please just be sure to leave what happens to my characters as my decision. For example: Lonk slashed at where he thought the creature was, based on where he could see the daggers sticking out of it. Not: Lonk cut deep into The Forgotten One, using the daggers to figure out where the creature was.

Edit: the creature can now be seen and hit, but still, please leave the effectiveness of the hits, as well as wether the attacks are dodged, to me. As long as you do that, there shouldn't be any issues.

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@@Blitz Boom,

So I had the idea that now the forgotten one is corporeal again that priestess summon her garrisons of changelings & bat ponies to attack it. Would that be a good idea or just make the RP more hectic?

Sounds a bit hectic, but you should ask Seamore to make sure, as this current storyline is being directed by him. He'll make the decision.

Sounds a bit hectic, but you should ask Seamore to make sure, as this current storyline is being directed by him. He'll make the decision.

He also said it'd be hectic, but told me to run it by you for final say. 

@@Denim&Venom,

Eh, if he's fine with it, then you can give it a go, though perhaps just let it be a few dozen each of bat ponies and changelings or such? I think an attack force akin to what was used on Canterlot might be a bit excessive, and it would make it easier to control without having the town be covered in more or less a black blanket with countless eyes. But, I'll let you decide as you post and then we'll see how it goes. Things can always be corrected later on if it starts going bonkers. :)

Might I ask you a thing though? I have a changeling in the outskirts of the dome, yet said dome is not there anymore and he will be able to see you and whatever changelings will be summoned soon. Just wondering if he, or any other changeling are in disguise, can they still recognise the other as a changeling? I think I read it being based on smell somewhere before, so disguises didn't matter, but just want to make sure as I might involve him a little in the aftermath then for a spot of fun, and don't wanna mess up. And so that you have someone to torment. ^^ Tormenting gives good RP: :3

@@Denim&Venom

Might I make one suggestion? Perhaps it would be best to have the changelings disguised as Royal Guards? It could help prevent a lot of panic, and it would help show which side the others are on as well (if they're fighting alongside a changeling queen, it helps indicate that the changeling queen is fighting for Ponyville).

@@Blitz Boom,@@Seamore Sandwich,

I don't think changelings can see through disguises, if the battle in Canterlot wedding is any indication. It looked like they were all fighting each other when disguised as the mane 6.

And yes that actually would be a good idea for them to be disguised. The bats would've taken a zeppelin to have gotten here and would have black powder cannons on it, so they'll be bringing that in.   Is a squad (24 soldiers) each manageable enough? Also, I had the idea of Allure's changelings actually having Calvary units that ride Timberwolves into battle. Would that be too over the top?  

@@Denim&Venom

I think that number is reasonable, seeing as The Forgotten One has been holding back up until this point. A great deal of his energy was going toward keeping Charlie under his control (holding an Everspirit anywhere but the Realm of Dreams requires a lot of magic). The Timberwolves may be a bit much, increasing the panic in Ponyville. If the changelings are in disguise, it might not make much sense for them to be riding Timberwolves. I assume that some of these troops can be considered expendable, right? I have some ideas for the battle to come if they are (none would die, but they may be rendered incapable of fighting for the remainder of the battle).

Edited by Seamore Sandwich

@@Denim&Venom

Bat ponies might not be assumed to be enemies of Ponyville, but they will still bring some level of fear. If a few of them appeared in Night Guard uniforms, it could help to alleviate that some. Obviously, the final decision here is yours as far as what form they take. Just to clarify, so far, I have been giving you reasons why I wouldn't go with some of your ideas, but I don't intend for you to get the impression that I'm telling you not to. We are all in charge of our own characters, so if you want to go with your ideas, go right ahead.

@@Seamore Sandwich,

@@Denim&Venom,

I think 24 sounds like a reasonable number, however I would argue against the Timberwolves too. It's a little too much perhaps.

As for the guard disguise, I think that'll be for the best. Will work well with public opinion and with crowd control if needed. Not all of them would have to wear armor really, as initiates might not have, long as they are with those that actually looks like guards.

Also, thank you for the clarification on Changeling detection, or lack thereof. He will just be able to see Allure then, since as far as I recall she is not in disguise right now.

That's pretty much all I have. You both covered things pretty well to a degree where I think you have the idea of what to do and the reasoning for it well placed. Just a word of advice: Stay away from Null and Void. They're on the outskirts, helping ponies away and will stay there unless something comes up all of a sudden (or if Seamore finds it fun to toss something at them, I never know with his sneaky little brain) so shouldn't be an issue, but it's just that the anti-magic they have will make the changelings magic negated, so *poof* no disguise. Which really isn't helping.

There can be some warning signs if you want, like a bad feeling the nearer you get them or the lack of ability to drain love of them being a giant red flag, but I'll let that be up to you. You have some fun ideas that comes out of the blue all the time, but fits well, so I'm not worried about it. ^^

Anyway, just a fair warning. Looking forward to what will happen. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Everypony

Hello one and all. ^_^ Happy days and sunshine to you everyone.

I'm just here to say that I will be taking the day off, RP wise. Want to spend my birthday relaxing, but I'll be back tomorrow to get things moving again. :) Promise.

Also, for the parts that are stalled, I will send some PM's later, and hopefully get things rolling a bit again within the next day or so. I want to have a lot of fun with you all, and no fun to have things stalled indefinitely for some reason. Better to send some PM's and get it sorted. :D

You're all awesome, and I'll see you tomorrow. ^_^

• Brohoof 1